Let's get something straight

Glad 2 know

Veteran
A real all powerful God could just eliminate "evil" from our hearts if he was so. Our souls and lives are more than just for the amusement of God.
And the bible says that a lot of things are sin, but promotes slavery, so maybe not the best reference.

And it was never meant to be taken literally anyway, and your incarnation of Christianity is fascism.

Jesus Christ would not recognize you.
Sorry for delayed response but I see what you're saying.

Yes God could eliminate "evil" from our hearts but why don't we do it ourselves? We are given the power to do that, to work on ourselves and prove we are capable of that and so much more. We're not here to amuse God, he created a beautiful earth and put humans here to enjoy, he wanted to share the good things he created with us. He will do so again though in his time.

I'm not sure what passages you've read but if you really think about it, slave also means worker. A slave is someone that works for someone else, whether forcefully or out of need/want. The Israelites were oppressed and forcefully made to work for the Egyptians so what did God do? He freed his people because he didn't approve of that kind of slavery.

You're free to believe what you want, in the end when Jesus comes and God reveals his power and that He exists, that's all that will matter.

Be careful how you judge others, as a matter of fact the only one that has the final say is Yahweh.

Glad 2 know

Veteran
Who says that the disciples didn't record the message right and that everything Paul wrote may as well be discounted ?

Where did you hear this ?
Some people like to express how they feel and think as if it was a fact. The majority of the time they haven't read the scriptures and base their beliefs on what they've heard from others.

TMT

Star
Sorry for delayed response but I see what you're saying.

Yes God could eliminate "evil" from our hearts but why don't we do it ourselves? We are given the power to do that, to work on ourselves and prove we are capable of that and so much more. We're not here to amuse God, he created a beautiful earth and put humans here to enjoy, he wanted to share the good things he created with us. He will do so again though in his time.

I'm not sure what passages you've read but if you really think about it, slave also means worker. A slave is someone that works for someone else, whether forcefully or out of need/want. The Israelites were oppressed and forcefully made to work for the Egyptians so what did God do? He freed his people because he didn't approve of that kind of slavery.

You're free to believe what you want, in the end when Jesus comes and God reveals his power and that He exists, that's all that will matter.

Be careful how you judge others, as a matter of fact the only one that has the final say is Yahweh.
I've never judged anyone.

Glad 2 know

Veteran
Husbands shouldn't have authority over their wives. Both people are human beings deserving of the same level of respect, no one should be reduced to a subordinate role of order following. Either both "submit" to God, or they don't... but man is never worthy of worship or submission. Humans have no right to be inherently above other humans in authority or any other position. Men are not more fit to be rulers, women are not made to be "companions" or "helpers". Both men and women are complete human beings and neither should be reduced to a lesser role of simply helping someone else to exercise their true humanity. Both people have their own goals and both should help each other to reach them.

Claiming that husbands have authority over their wives but wives don't have authority over their husbands is the same as claiming that women are inferior and unequal. Women are not men's property and there should be no expectation of submission to authority within a marriage. A marriage is supposed to be an intimate and loving relationship not a dictatorship or a government.

God didn't create any of our corrupt governments. Governments are a human invention. Divine right has never been a real thing, it's a trick to give people power.

So a father's only role regarding his children is reprimanding them? Lol. I'd say fathers should love and care for their children first, a child should not see their own father as stern and strict, they should have a positive relationship. Both the mom and dad can reprimand when appropriate.

Submission isn't required for a good marriage, in fact inequality can destroy a marriage. Either both the husband and wife "submit" to each other or the woman will be held in an inferior position.

Families are broken up by infidelity, money problems, lack of communication, basic incompatibility... sexism also ruins many lives and relationships... but the removal of sexist dynamics will not and can not have a negative effect on a marriage or a family. Women's equality, autonomy, and freedom cannot "tear apart the family unit". It can only allow a relationship to flourish since it would actually be based on love and not submission and unbalanced power dynamics. When two people start a relationship and they are of equal status and they love and respect each other enough as human beings to make sure that nether one dominates over the other one, then that is a healthy relationship. If there is an expectation of submission, if the man holds authority over the woman and the woman becomes dependent on the man, then they can never truly love each other and their relationship will not be healthy. How can you love someone that you don't respect enough to treat as your equal?

The idea of a woman having to submit to a man's authority is what creates sexism in society at large. It extends from intimate relationships outward. If you can't even treat your family equally then the rest of society won't be equal.

God has made a balanced arrangement. Since we live in this wicked and stupid world, we struggle with what God has established for our good. Satan has twisted everything and we struggle with what we feel but we should pray to God for understanding.

God created man first and we respect that. God created Jesus before man, we also respect that. God has always existed and he's the Creator and we also respect that.

God created woman as a complement of man, to be the other half, to complete the man.Man was to treat the woman as such. As the other half and the person to make man feel complete. And ALWAYS with mutual respect. The woman respecting her husband because he was created before her and the man respecting the woman because she was created as that complement.

God has an order of authority and respect. We all answer to someone and follow the lead of someone. I Corinthians 11:3 "But I would have you know, that the head of every man is Christ; and the head of the woman is the man; and the head of Christ "is God.

Under God's rule and guidance, men are to treat women with love and respect. Women are to respect men as heads. Men are to respect and follow Jesus' example. Sadly we don't live under Jesus' or God's rule so we can only do our best to follow this balanced arrangement.

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
Your own rules should be above your religion's. After all, you are the one who chose your religion.
Interesting thought buried in John 15

13Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends. 14Ye are my friends, if ye do whatsoever I command you.15Henceforth I call you not servants; for the servant knoweth not what his lord doeth: but I have called you friends; for all things that I have heard of my Father I have made known unto you. 16Ye have not chosen me, but I have chosen you, and ordained you, that ye should go and bring forth fruit, and that your fruit should remain: that whatsoever ye shall ask of the Father in my name, he may give it you.17These things I command you, that ye love one another.

Glad 2 know

Veteran
Yeah that's why people think it's okay to see women as lesser. To see women as a "companion" to men instead of her own separate human being of equal value.
Not ever right to see women as lesser and treat them like the're unworthy or worthless. Men that want to get married or get married need to view their wives as a complement. People don't have to get married, the Bible doesn't pressure people to get married but it does provide guidance for those that want marriage or want to stay single.

Last edited:

Alanantic

Star
Interesting thought buried in John 15

13Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends. 14Ye are my friends, if ye do whatsoever I command you.15Henceforth I call you not servants; for the servant knoweth not what his lord doeth: but I have called you friends; for all things that I have heard of my Father I have made known unto you. 16Ye have not chosen me, but I have chosen you, and ordained you, that ye should go and bring forth fruit, and that your fruit should remain: that whatsoever ye shall ask of the Father in my name, he may give it you.17These things I command you, that ye love one another.
From God's perspective, that's true. Since we are all have God within, our personal will/ego is an illusion. "All Life is an act of pretension."