Let's get something straight

Glad 2 know

Veteran
I invite you to think/ponder about this. I have noticed on here and everywhere how Christianity is greatly disliked. Jesus, the son of God, founded Christianity. He established a model to follow. A path of love, humility, truth and righteousness that leads to everlasting life, starting with getting to know the Father of all Creation. Gotta think about how Christianity has been twisted and used for imperfect man's convenience, to selfishly benefit/satisfy himself instead of looking out for his neighbor. Just because Christianity has been used for evil purposes, it doesn't make it evil. It's the people's fault for using this religion for bad and for staining and damaging something that was mean to benefit ALL of human kind. It's not the religion's fault, it's the people's fault that have damaged the reputation of Christianity and claiming to worship God when they don't even love him nor care to follow his commandments.

TMT

Star
A religion that easily co-opted is no religion worth following, same old standard excuses for the bloody history of Christianity.

TonyVanDam

Established
Dislike? Are you sure of that? The last time I've check the stats, Christianity [which replaced all sun worshipping religions & pagan practices of yesteryears] is still rank #1 religion on planet earth.

Last edited:

Aero

Superstar
Christianity is just a big target. And that kind of comes with the territory. The same is true of any type of movement. The Christian faith isn't a cohesive unit though. They are all spread out over the world with different beliefs. I'm not saying that's good or bad, but it is what it is. So Idk how badly anyone has twisted it.

You don't really have to twist anything. You can just read the Bible. Some of it is really good, and some of it is really jacked. Hypocrisy isn't enough to discredit the whole thing though. It's enough to raise serious questions about the authors motives. Like who they really were. And some of those questions are impossible to answer.

Unknown Warrior

Established
People who say they don't believe in God or Jesus, will be in for a surprise when they are face to face with Him. Just because they say that they don't believe doesn't mean that God doesn't exist. I wouldn't want to be in the presence of God and tell Him that I don't believe in Him. It wouldn't make any difference. Satan, on the other hand, has dominated the world because people don't believe in him.

Paranoia Daily

Veteran
I invite you to think/ponder about this. I have noticed on here and everywhere how Christianity is greatly disliked. Jesus, the son of God, founded Christianity. He established a model to follow. A path of love, humility, truth and righteousness that leads to everlasting life, starting with getting to know the Father of all Creation. Gotta think about how Christianity has been twisted and used for imperfect man's convenience, to selfishly benefit/satisfy himself instead of looking out for his neighbor. Just because Christianity has been used for evil purposes, it doesn't make it evil. It's the people's fault for using this religion for bad and for staining and damaging something that was mean to benefit ALL of human kind. It's not the religion's fault, it's the people's fault that have damaged the reputation of Christianity and claiming to worship God when they don't even love him nor care to follow his commandments.
Jesus, the son of God, founded Christianity.
Wrong! Jesus never even heard the word christian . And Jesus was a Jew not a Christian! No where in the Gospel does it say the word Christian. No where did Jesus say or indicate he was starting a new religion. The word was first spewed by Paul preaching at Antioch a decade after he was strung up on that stick. Paul himself never indicated that he was starting a new religion either. Contrary to what christians think they believe Jesus was a devout Jew period.....

Matthew 16:18: “You are Peter, and on this rock I will build my Church.”

The above verse is what christians jump all over assuming the word church is intended to be "Christian". Bottom line neither Jesus nor his buddy Paul had any concept of a new religion...And even if that were the case neither Jesus nor Paul would have had very few followers in a land 100% Jewish.

Last edited:

elsbet

Superstar
Wrong! Jesus never even heard the word christian . And Jesus was a Jew not a Christian! No where in the Gospel does it say the word Christian. No where did Jesus say or indicate he was starting a new religion. The word was first spewed by Paul preaching at Antioch a decade after he was strung up on that stick. Paul himself never indicated that he was starting a new religion either. Contrary to what christians think they believe Jesus was a devout Jew period.....

The above verse is what christians jump all over assuming the word church is intended to be "Christian".
The bible never said He was creating a new religion because He wasn't.

Jesus hated Religion for the sake of appearing pious. That should not be news to anyone. He told His followers not to be like the heathens with their vain repetitions, trying to impress men. It was never about creating a Religion.

And of course Christ isn't a Christian-- he *is* the Christ. Christian simply means Follower of Christ.

elsbet

Superstar

"A path of love, humility, truth and righteousness that leads to everlasting life, starting with getting to know the Father of all Creation."

Close! Jehovah points to Jesus, first. :)

No one comes to the Father, except by Him-- that is, the belief that He saves us from our fallen state by paying the penalty, or rather the debt incurred, by our sin.

He puts you on the path, so to speak, of getting to know the Father of all creation.

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar

The above verse is what christians jump all over assuming the word church is intended to be "Christian". Bottom line neither Jesus nor his buddy Paul had any concept of a new religion...And even if that were the case neither Jesus nor Paul would have had very few followers in a land 100% Jewish.
I think it's fairly clear that Jesus' death and resurrection were patterned in the Passover and in passages like Isaiah 53...

There was no concept of throwing away the OT and starting something that inferred all that gone before was untrue.

The way I started to think about the NT was rather like the final chapters of a story where you would then reread the book from the very beginning and it would make far greater sense.

Rabbinic Judaism came along and rejected the final chapters of the story, adding some extra material to create an alternative ending they preferred.

Judaism split broadly between those who accepted Jesus was the Messiah and went with Rabbi Saul (Paul) of Tarsus and those who rejected him, with Rabbi Johannan Ben Zakkai.

TonyVanDam

Established
People who say they don't believe in God or Jesus, will be in for a surprise when they are face to face with Him. Just because they say that they don't believe doesn't mean that God doesn't exist. I wouldn't want to be in the presence of God and tell Him that I don't believe in Him. It wouldn't make any difference. Satan, on the other hand, has dominated the world because people don't believe in him.
Never mind believe, how do people really know for sure that the creator does not exist OR does exist? Remember, believing AND knowing are two different things.

Unknown Warrior

Established
Never mind believe, how do people really know for sure that the creator does not exist OR does exist? Remember, believing AND knowing are two different things.
I am not trying to step on anyone's toes or convince them of anything. Let's just say that I do know that God exists without any doubt because of a supernatural type of event that I had witnessed. Therefore, I am biased. At one time, I had doubts myself. I would like to say to you that if you are open to a belief in God that He would be more likely to reveal Himself to you in a personal way. I hope that you do find God. And I hope that He will reveal Himself to you and give you wisdom to overcome the doubts that you have. I really don't want to offend anyone.

Violette

Star
It’s pretty clear throughout creation that there’s a creator. How people can see the beauty, order, and specificity in this world and deny a creator is beyond me. I mean you can just study the human body and see how clearly we were created. That doesn’t just assemble through time and chance.

TMT

Star
I’m sure there’s a trail of blood from any worldview. OT God could be scary but he was no Moloch who is STILL worshiped. To be blunt, it was necessary to cleanse the world of evil.
Except Moloch isn't worshipped, it's a fabrication and a distraction, and if its necessary for an an powerful god to resort to ethnic cleansing to get rid of a evil, which he could do at the snap of his smoke fingers or whatever. if he was all powerful, so maybe he isn't as powerful as he thinks he is. Either way it's a sick theology, A creator creates you gives you ONE chance at following as his rules precisely and if you don't you get sent to a torture dimension for all of eternity, that's a messed up belief system.

At the end of the day when all is said and done you will kneel before Jesus Christ your Maker.
"The supreme satisfaction is to be able to despise one's neighbor and this fact goes far to account for religious intolerance. It is evidently consoling to reflect that the people next door are headed for hell."

And there is the basis of your faith.

Vytas

Star
Except Moloch isn't worshipped, it's a fabrication and a distraction, and if its necessary for an an powerful god to resort to ethnic cleansing to get rid of a evil, which he could do at the snap of his smoke fingers or whatever. if he was all powerful, so maybe he isn't as powerful as he thinks he is. Either way it's a sick theology, A creator creates you gives you ONE chance at following as his rules precisely and if you don't you get sent to a torture dimension for all of eternity, that's a messed up belief system.
You have a life to show God that you want to be with him...If you don't want to be so be it, you wont be...Would you let someone who doesn't respect your house rules, mock you, and in all possible ways show you that he doesn't care about you live with you? Im pretty sure you would show him there door is, and you wouldn't care what's the weather outside...
He did snapped his fingers few times. Are you now angry he didn't do it more often lol...

TMT

Star
You have a life to show God that you want to be with him...If you don't want to be so be it, you wont be...Would you let someone who doesn't respect your house rules, mock you, and in all possible ways show you that he doesn't care about you live with you? Im pretty sure you would show him there door is, and you wouldn't care what's the weather outside...
He did snapped his fingers few times. Are you now angry he didn't do it more often lol...
No but I wouldn't stone them either, and it's not the same thing as holding you hostage on threat of eternal torture.