Leaf Blowers and Other Climate Change Hypocrisy Thread

Has anyone ever been awakened out of a sound sleep by leaf blowers? These contraptions have caused me problems my entire life. Where are all the climate change freaks complaining about this ? Whatever happened to people using brooms to clean up leaves? This is yet another example of climate change hypocrisy. Every Friday morning they unleash these hellish things outside my bedroom window and even Rip Van Winkle couldn't sleep through the noise they make.

Maldarker

Star
Leaf blowers are awesome...if every one had one and we turned them on at the same time climate cool down would happen so i think they would be a benefit for climate stablity....every couple days we all go out turn them on and run them for lets say 4 hrs at a time and can either decrease the time rate or increase it with the results that are observed... ;)

Leaf blowers are awesome...if every one had one and we turned them on at the same time climate cool down would happen so i think they would be a benefit for climate stablity....every couple days we all go out turn them on and run them for lets say 4 hrs at a time and can either decrease the time rate or increase it with the results that are observed... ;)
But you are forgetting that our masters are no longer concerned with global warming because it didn't sell as well as they expected hence the change to Climate Change which can cover just about anything they can to figure out a way to levy taxes.

JoChris

Superstar
Has anyone ever been awakened out of a sound sleep by leaf blowers? These contraptions have caused me problems my entire life. Where are all the climate change freaks complaining about this ? Whatever happened to people using brooms to clean up leaves? This is yet another example of climate change hypocrisy. Every Friday morning they unleash these hellish things outside my bedroom window and even Rip Van Winkle couldn't sleep through the noise they make.
Our neighbour uses the leaf blower whenever they do any bit of gardening. He has no particular pattern but thankfully it isn't early in the morning. He must have garden OCD.

Maldarker

Star
But you are forgetting that our masters are no longer concerned with global warming because it didn't sell as well as they expected hence the change to Climate Change which can cover just about anything they can to figure out a way to levy taxes.
And thus the awesomeness of the leaf blower it has adjustable speeds! LOL

I hate leaf blowers too. Right outside my window is the worst.

Some cities and the state of California have banned the sale of new ones.

They're loud, they pollute, and they serve little practical purpose.

We are speaking of gas-powered leaf blowers and the mystery of why we allow them to exist.

But if you are among the legions who despise these contraptions, take heart. More and more cities – at least 100 of them, according to the Audubon Society – have banned them or are restricting their use, and now the biggest state in the union has decided to ban them outright.

In October, California Gov. Gavin Newsom signed a law making the Golden State the first to ban gas-powered leaf blowers (as well as gas-powered lawnmowers and other landscaping machines), starting in 2024.

Add Air Pollution to the Noise
People have hated leaf blowers' noise since they first appeared for general use in the 1970s, but the impetus behind California's action stems from more recent awareness that they are horrible polluters. California has launched a broad campaign to cut down on air pollution – a 2035 goal has been set for a phase-out of gas-powered vehicles – so perhaps it shouldn't be surprising that heavily polluting leaf blowers have become a regulatory target.

The law will ban the sale of all “small, off-road engines" (SOREs), which “are used primarily in lawn and garden equipment." But the chief offender in that category appears to be those engines that are used by leaf blowers. According to the California Air Resources Board, the air pollution caused by operating “the best-selling commercial lawnmower" is comparable to that produced by driving a 2017 Toyota Camry 300 miles, but the air pollution from “the best-selling commercial leaf blower" is equal to that from driving the Camry 1,100 miles.

California is the only state that has the authority to regulate air quality in this way, due to an exemption that was carved out of the federal Clean Air Act. While other states can't enact their own regulations, they can choose to follow California's lead – and more than a dozen have already done so with tailpipe emissions. But when it comes to SOREs they can't do so immediately – California must yet apply to the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency to “enforce its own standards for new nonroad engines and vehicles," and only after EPA gives approval can other states follow.

I hate leaf blowers too. Right outside my window is the worst.

Some cities and the state of California have banned the sale of new ones.

Unfortunately after reading all that I concluded that they will be subsidizing the same people who are torturing us now with 30 million dollars to torture us with new leaf blowers that will be just as noisy but will run on electricity. I don't expect anything to change except someone making a windfall in cash. I am still waiting for 400 dollars gas credit Newsome promised back in April. Not to mention the billions he sent to China for masks during the Covid craze. Also ten billions mysteriously disappeared from the funds that were supposed to help the unemployment problems but got hacked. I live in California and Newsome is almost as bad as Justina Trudeau.

Plus Newsome is phoney as a 3 dollar bill and also gay which is a bad combination. Plus he is related to Crazy Nancy and comes from the exact same place as the fake vice president and Diane Feinstein. I predict that Newsome will one day become president and the current fake vice president will be his running mate or vice versa. I despise her so much I hypnotized myself to forget her name LOL.