Lazarus And The Rich Man - The Questions

Mr. Blah

Veteran
Why didn't God help & heal Lazarus at all?
If God suffered with him and felt all his pains, why did God let Himself suffer?
Was/is He masochistic God?
Did/does He love to suffer, love to self-injure?

Was Lazarus saved because of his terrible sufferings and not counting his faith?
There is no mention of his faith/religion or the story of his repentance.
If his terrible sufferings save him, the Holocaust Jews who perished in gas chambers could be saved too in this way.

Last edited:

UnspokenSoliloquy

Established
Why should God have to help him when WE are here? The point of the story was to show that human kind has a hand in this. This man spent his life poor and NOBODY sought to help him out. Why does God have to leave his throne when some of us are suppose to be his children and love one another and help one another? The parable was making a point to say the rich man enjoyed his riches and the pleasures that life had to give, he didn't think about the poor or about God and now even in hell he's selfish enough to want Lazarus to give him water.

Mr. Blah

Veteran
Why should God have to help him when WE are here? The point of the story was to show that human kind has a hand in this. This man spent his life poor and NOBODY sought to help him out. Why does God have to leave his throne when some of us are suppose to be his children and love one another and help one another? The parable was making a point to say the rich man enjoyed his riches and the pleasures that life had to give, he didn't think about the poor or about God and now even in hell he's selfish enough to want Lazarus to give him water.
Could He use/influence someone to help Lazarus using His omnipotent capabilities?

I'm amazed too why didn't Lazarus pray to God.
The gospel didn't record it.

UnspokenSoliloquy

Established
Could He use/influence someone to help Lazarus using His omnipotent capabilities?

I'm amazed too why didn't Lazarus pray to God.
The gospel didn't record it.
he could've, we don't know but free will come into play. We see homeless people all the time. We may feel bad for them but how many actually gives them a dollar, or help them find a home or a job?

Mr. Blah

Veteran
he could've, we don't know but free will come into play. We see homeless people all the time. We may feel bad for them but how many actually gives them a dollar, or help them find a home or a job?
In their sinful free will, they would choose to sin.
Not to help the homeless.
Don't hope they would help the homeless.
At all.

In this case, God seems like a deistic God.
God who didn't care about Lazarus' sufferings and prayers.
He observed Lazarus from a distance as a scientist observes the lab rats in a experiment.

UnspokenSoliloquy

Established
Some pretty big assumptions there sir. You can't blame God for human suffering when we are the ones that cause the suffering in the first place. Our own actions along with the actions of others is what affects our plight. To assume that God doesn't care is reckless. If God intervened in everything we would be complaining that we don't have choices and are not really free. As I said before, we are responsible for Earth and what we do. God can and does intervene but from my perspective I look at it as why does God have to intervene to help the poor when WE are here and are able to help. We choose not to, we see it daily in our political choices and financial systems. We've set our world accordingly and you expect God to throw out everything we've set in our own free will, that we had a choice to make; even though we know according to morality and doctrine what is right and what is wrong, yet we choose the wrong. Your making it seem like it's black and white when there are so many other factors that come into play. There a rules and regulations that not even God himself breaks even though he has the power to because he created them and that includes our world.

UnspokenSoliloquy

Established
The simple example I can think of is The Sims game. Have you played? If you control everything. Everything you want in the game happens, build houses, relationships, have children etc. But look what happens when you leave the game on and walk away for a few min or hours. The Sims are left to their own devices and the programming takes over majority of the time something bad happens. A sim dies, a fire breaks out, they are starving, need sleep, showers, babies are taken away because they are not being taken care of etc. I seen it all happen. These Sims when left to their own devices are only acting off of their programming like we do. Obviously humans have more sense than this computer program, we have consciousness to make choices and change our situations. But can you imagine if we made our own decisions and then the person playing the game all of a sudden moves you out of a home you didn't want to leave. Locked you in the bedroom. Changed the town that you lived in or even the spouse. Added children that you didn't want. Then you'd have no free will like the Sims to make choices or mistakes. Yes God intervenes but ultimately our choices come into play. He gave us free will for a reason and even when it's gonna hurt us God wont override our free will because then it wouldn't really be free will. That's why I'm saying it's our responsibility. We were given this world. The instruction God gave us was to "be fruitful and multiply" which we have done, but we've also done other things that was contrary to that, that has shaped who we are as humanity. There's God's word to show us an example but now a days people don't even take it seriously. But to say he doesn't care is ridiculous.

Mr. Blah

Veteran
Some pretty big assumptions there sir. You can't blame God for human suffering when we are the ones that cause the suffering in the first place. Our own actions along with the actions of others is what affects our plight. To assume that God doesn't care is reckless. If God intervened in everything we would be complaining that we don't have choices and are not really free. As I said before, we are responsible for Earth and what we do. God can and does intervene but from my perspective I look at it as why does God have to intervene to help the poor when WE are here and are able to help. We choose not to, we see it daily in our political choices and financial systems. We've set our world accordingly and you expect God to throw out everything we've set in our own free will, that we had a choice to make; even though we know according to morality and doctrine what is right and what is wrong, yet we choose the wrong. Your making it seem like it's black and white when there are so many other factors that come into play. There a rules and regulations that not even God himself breaks even though he has the power to because he created them and that includes our world.
So, God couldn't do anything without our help?
We need to help God to archive His own will?

Mr. Blah

Veteran
The simple example I can think of is The Sims game. Have you played? If you control everything. Everything you want in the game happens, build houses, relationships, have children etc. But look what happens when you leave the game on and walk away for a few min or hours. The Sims are left to their own devices and the programming takes over majority of the time something bad happens. A sim dies, a fire breaks out, they are starving, need sleep, showers, babies are taken away because they are not being taken care of etc. I seen it all happen. These Sims when left to their own devices are only acting off of their programming like we do. Obviously humans have more sense than this computer program, we have consciousness to make choices and change our situations. But can you imagine if we made our own decisions and then the person playing the game all of a sudden moves you out of a home you didn't want to leave. Locked you in the bedroom. Changed the town that you lived in or even the spouse. Added children that you didn't want. Then you'd have no free will like the Sims to make choices or mistakes. Yes God intervenes but ultimately our choices come into play. He gave us free will for a reason and even when it's gonna hurt us God wont override our free will because then it wouldn't really be free will. That's why I'm saying it's our responsibility. We were given this world. The instruction God gave us was to "be fruitful and multiply" which we have done, but we've also done other things that was contrary to that, that has shaped who we are as humanity. There's God's word to show us an example but now a days people don't even take it seriously. But to say he doesn't care is ridiculous.
Why does God seem to "walk away" from the reality of human sufferings?

Or, does God only observe & watch His creations groaning?

UnspokenSoliloquy

Established
So, God couldn't do anything without our help?
We need to help God to archive His own will?
Dude! There are rules. One of the rules for this Earth realm is that spirits including God need permission from you to be able to come into your body. why? Because you have free will and you have the choice to allow what or who comes into your body. God is not going to break his own rule. If you don't want him then you won't have him. Hence why God has worked through man all these centuries to get things done and has depended on their obedience. He's not going to break his own rule. If he does then that would be a sin.

UnspokenSoliloquy

Established
I'm done speaking with you about this, I've explained already. God is not a depiction of the image that you posted above. He's very involved and interested in who we are as humanity, but as I've said. He's not gonna force him self on us. SO if you don't want to believe then you don't have to and that's your choice. As for what's happening in this world. We have dominion over it so what happens it our responsibility. If you want God to intervene then open up yourself to him and let him work through you. You'll soon find out that you alone can only do so much and realized that If EVERYONE or even the majority was in tune with God this world would become a Utopia. If we can't have compassion enough to help one another why should God have to force us? He's not a magician, a genie, or some magical creature. If you really want your questions answered then ask him and ask not being cynical. Pray, read the Bible/Torah with an open heart. Ask him to help you understand in your heart and believe.

If you haven't noticed everything in this world and universe has an order. The only thing that seems to get out of it is people.