Lawyer Bursts into Flames

Golden Age

Established
Forget about climate change ... what a wonderful way of getting rid of lawyers!
Do please notify me of any more public burnings, I'm happy to bring along a large bag of marshmallows (to toast)

Etagloc

Superstar
Forget about climate change ... what a wonderful way of getting rid of lawyers!
Do please notify me of any more public burnings, I'm happy to bring along a large bag of marshmallows (to toast)
I can't believe he really did it over climate change. There are so many people suffering- and he does it over the climate. The left has seriously lost its grip on sanity. The left can call the right-wingers "fascists" all day long but the left has totally lost its marbles. Meanwhile the right-wing has also gone over the edge of sanity. All that any sane person can do is look for a seat belt.

polymoog

Superstar
this reminds me of that star trek: TNG episode where that female scientist blows herself up to prove that warp engines are destroying subspace. when she did overload her warp core, she popped a hole in space and forced starfleet to notice and act, which they did.

the ironic difference is that her science was actual, fact based science albeit on a fictional TV show and this lawyer, in present day reality, kills himself based on fake, fictional science.

SJW lib types wont ever draw the line until everything and everyone has feelings to consider and the entire population is atomized based on their race. it borders on a temporary insanity.

elsbet

Superstar
Self-immolation is pretty selfish, in itself. It seems demonic tbh, unless it is somehow proved to be contrived or blackmail-- I don't think any same person could do it of his own power.

mecca

Superstar
this reminds me of that star trek: TNG episode where that female scientist blows herself up to prove that warp engines are destroying subspace. when she did overload her warp core, she popped a hole in space and forced starfleet to notice and act, which they did.

the ironic difference is that her science was actual, fact based science albeit on a fictional TV show and this lawyer, in present day reality, kills himself based on fake, fictional science.

SJW lib types wont ever draw the line until everything and everyone has feelings to consider and the entire population is atomized based on their race. it borders on a temporary insanity.
Pollution and climate change isn't fake. Humans are currently destroying our environment for profit. The future generations will have nothing if we keep letting it happen. Environmental destruction is one of the biggest issues of our time because the Earth is the only place we have to live and if we mess it up, we'll kill ourselves as well.

Etagloc

Superstar
THAT is exactly what gets me!

When I saw the news headline- all I saw was something about a lawyer bursting into flame. I was like "what on earth???!". I saw it on some other page then the one I linked.

When I read it- of course I immediately thought about the monk who famously did something similar.

But this is exactly what gets me- regardless of how one feels about Communism, the United States had no right to invade Vietnam- nor to wage a genocidal war on the Vietnamese people.

When that monk did it, he was protesting a genocidal war against the Vietnamese people. I don't at all agree with his method but he undeniably had a noble cause.

But to do something similar- in the name of CLIMATE CHANGE? The left has seriously "jumped the shark". And as crazy as its current direction is- it has seriously warped people's thinking and has seriously misguided people. It's just wrong. The weather is nothing to kill yourself over.

This poor man's... whatever this is.... it is a tragedy. There is something very... something... to me... about the image of a lawyer bursting into flame..... but I seriously feel sad for this poor, misguided man. Whatever led him to that point is tragic. It is really sad how misguided society is making people- on both left and right. I mean I can respect some of the old-school conservatives- at least on some issues- but you look at Trump... I'm not saying he is Hitler (although I do think he is somewhat influenced by him)- but he does represent an abdication of a whole lot of whatever moral highground conservatives once had when it came to certain things. I do like his being anti-abortion, though.

polymoog

Superstar
Pollution and climate change isn't fake. Humans are currently destroying our environment for profit. The future generations will have nothing if we keep letting it happen. Environmental destruction is one of the biggest issues of our time because the Earth is the only place we have to live and if we mess it up, we'll kill ourselves as well.
for the new people in here, i will repeat myself: mankind has nothing to do with the weather changes. this is a natural phenomena. there are warming and cooling periods throughout history. the carbon dioxide we produce has almost no effect. the pollution we create which ruins the planet, has no bearing on weather changes.
stating this does not make me an anti-ecologically minded person any more than believing that no one was gassed in the concentration camps makes me an anti-semite. go with the facts, not with "feelings".

mecca

Superstar
He probably had some sort of psychotic break... but why use him to attack "the left"? Historically setting oneself on fire in protest is a very old thing... I think people are crazy if they do it, but it's a symbolic gesture that some people decide they are willing to do. It doesn't speak on the left or the right, it's just the individual actions of a man, and we'll never know what was really going on in his head. He seemed like a good person. His death shouldn't be mocked, it's already sad that he unnecessarily took his own life. Just let him rest in peace and move on... or maybe consider trying to stop these oil wars and the destruction of our planet through the use of fossil fuels, which is what he wanted to bring awareness to.

mecca

Superstar
for the new people in here, i will repeat myself: mankind has nothing to do with the weather changes. this is a natural phenomena. there are warming and cooling periods throughout history. the carbon dioxide we produce has almost no effect. the pollution we create which ruins the planet, has no bearing on weather changes.
stating this does not make me an anti-ecologically minded person any more than believing that no one was gassed in the concentration camps makes me an anti-semite. go with the facts, not with "feelings".
The natural warming and cooling cycles are not the same thing as climate change. Yes warming and cooling is natural, but currently the climate is changing at an unnatural rate, it doesn't align with the natural cycles. Fossil fuel burning and greenhouse gasses are negatively affecting the climate and environment, industrialization releases too much at once, it's completely unnatural and it’s caused by humans.

Last edited:

Aero

Superstar
Tragic indeed. And I think it's fucked up to use someone's self sacrifice for shot taking purposes. We don't know what this was really all about. And that's even more fucked up. Like the real story isn't the real story anymore.

Maybe someone planted something in his brain. Which is easy to do, it's so easy to get a reaction from anyone. But most people wont light themselves on fire. So this should be concerning to the average folk. A lot of these freaky events should be.

Things are rarely what they appear. I think that we all have serious detachment issues with ourselves. Like we have surrendered to the unconscious archetypes. Which is good, if it's the self archetype.

So my theory is this man had surrendered to some other powerful archetype (hero). Therefore he was able to self terminate.

polymoog

Superstar
THAT is exactly what gets me!

But this is exactly what gets me- regardless of how one feels about Communism, the United States had no right to invade Vietnam- nor to wage a genocidal war on the Vietnamese people.
When that monk did it, he was protesting a genocidal war against the Vietnamese people. I don't at all agree with his method but he undeniably had a noble cause.
but you look at Trump... I'm not saying he is Hitler (although I do think he is somewhat influenced by him)-.
the US public was told that the south vietnamese asked for US help. whether that was true or said to have occured as a mask for american foreign policy against communisms domino theory, where is the "invasion" in the defense of south vietnam from the chinese-backed NVA? no genocide took place there. youre confusing this with the communist regime led by pol pot (an equal or larger number of people died due to him than to all in the vietnam war-- check the numbers).
man to man atrocities on both sides took place. GIs did some horrible things; NVA/VC combatants did as well (the boobytraps are horrific). however, if you travel to hanoi and get a taste of the bleak communist feel up there, youll see that the americans won the war in the long run simply by their presence, promulgating capitalism. the south viets are far more happy and prosperous than the northerners. off tangent here...
at the time, the US thought communism was bad, but if we start talking 20/20 hindsight, we can go back and check out how communism worked out for people in other satellite nations (i wont touch the multimillions who died under stalin in the USSR via the NKVD). ask an old hungarian about life before and after the soviets "liberated" them, and ask them how they felt about the AVO secret police.
perhaps without the vietnam war, another north korea 'cult of personality' regime could have been installed. over the long run, the deaths and misery could have surpassed that of the war.

you said trump is influenced by hitler. please explain so i dont put words in your mouth.

polymoog

Superstar
The natural warming and cooling cycles are not the same thing as climate change. Yes warming and cooling is natural, but currently the climate is changing at an unnatural rate, it doesn't align with the natural cycles. Fossil fuel burning and greenhouse gasses are negatively affecting the climate and environment, industrialization releases too much at once, it's completely unnatural.
CHEMTRAILS are unnatural. carbon dioxide is plenty natural. if that lawyer moron self-immolated in protest of chemtrails which are doing actual damage, id have a bit more respect for him.

by the way, theres no such things are fossil fuels. start at 2 min.

mecca

Superstar
carbon dioxide is plenty natural
Factories and cars aren't natural and nature does not release the amount of carbon dioxide that humans are constantly pumping into the atmosphere. The burning of fossil fuels also releases many harmful chemicals into the air along with large amounts of CO2. It pollutes the air and messes with the climate, it's not healthy or safe and we need to transition into environmentally friendly and sustainable energy sources as soon as possible.

polymoog

Superstar
Factories and cars aren't natural and nature does not release the amount of carbon dioxide that humans are constantly pumping into the atmosphere. The burning of fossil fuels also releases many harmful chemicals into the air along with large amounts of CO2. It pollutes the air and messes with the climate, it's not healthy or safe and we need to transition into environmentally friendly and sustainable energy sources as soon as possible.
believe what you like.
ive given you the opportunity to know what the truth is. take it or stay ignorant. ill sleep fine tonight either way.

the mere fact that "they"/NWO/MSM talking heads/government is pushing it so hard should send off so many alarms that you should immediately start running the other way.

for everyone else following this thread:

mecca

Superstar
ive given you the opportunity to know what the truth is. take it or stay ignorant. ill sleep fine tonight either way.
All I've stated were simple facts. There is no proof that oil is abiotic... the theory does not disprove the evidence showing what oil is made of. The idea is a way for people to minimize or ignore the evidence of environmental degradation caused by oil and the obtaining of oil. Regardless of where oil comes from or how it is made, we are still destroying and polluting the planet and I'm sure we can all agree that this needs to stop.

The truth is that people are messing with nature and destroying it for personal financial gain. Cars and factories are releasing CO2 and you can't say that's natural at all. Natural sources of CO2 are ocean-air exchange and decomposition. Humans created industrialization which is not a natural source. Cars, deforestation, and factories release far more CO2 than what would normally be released through natural processes and we are accelerating climate change. Human activities are negatively affecting the climate and ecosystems on Earth, we are releasing a lot of CO2 in a very short span of time. We are also releasing countless amounts of pollutants into the air and water, humans are killing ourselves and all other life on the planet and it's very dangerous to continue down this path.

Scientists aren't dumb, they are aware of and have studied the natural heating and cooling cycles of the Earth, that's how we know there has even been any change. If you just look at the evidence you can see that the climate is changing at an accelerated pace compared to previous temperatures of the Earth. It is obviously surpassing the normal cycles. The natural cycles are extremely long term and take place over hundreds of thousands of years... humans have released a huge amount of greenhouse gasses in an extremely short span of time, the industrial revolution was only 200 years ago. This is what's causing the problems.
Good source of info: https://www.ucsusa.org/global-warming/science-and-impacts/science/human-contribution-to-gw-faq.html#.WtVa1ojwZPY

Last edited:

mecca

Superstar
the mere fact that "they"/NWO/MSM talking heads/government is pushing it so hard should send off so many alarms that you should immediately start running the other way.
They are only addressing it because it is a pressing issue that will directly affect everyone on the planet. They are the ones who caused the problem in the first place, so they are not even creating any real solutions. They are only using it as a way to make money off of a "carbon tax" they created, because like with everything, they find a way to manipulate every issue to benefit themselves. But these carbon taxes do not restore our environment and they do not directly address the cause of environmental destruction, because they don't want to... they directly profit from the companies that run the factories and cut down the forests. They are the ones who start wars over oil. Their system is based on environmental destruction and constant, unsustainable growth.

mecca

Superstar
Humans are not destroying the climate rather the goverments are (due to corruption and mis-management)
People run the government... they are human beings. You should also be aware that non-industrial sources of pollution make up about 50% of our emissions. Which means that regular people (outside of corporations and governments) have a hand in environmental destruction. Consumers and producers both play a part in pollution and the production of greenhouse gasses. Transportation like car driving, which almost everyone does, causes 25% of emissions alone. Although the companies and governments are the main cause of environmental degradation, the rest of us still play a part. No matter who's more responsible for causing it, it's 100% anthropogenic.

Also, everyone should do their part to minimize how much they personally contribute to pollution and greenhouse gas emissions. We should also be forcing our government and all these corporations to actually stop destroying the environment.

Last edited:

Kung Fu

Superstar
It's funny going through this thread and reading the comments of posters like they were scientists in their previous jobs.