Last Man Standing - Canceled

bbsion

Established
Personally, I think this is one of the best TV shows that is (or was) on the air. The ratings were good and the show was up and canceled without a series finale. Any guesses as to why?

Recently Tim Allen was on Jimmy Kimmels show where he said in the interview, “You’ve gotta be real careful around here,” Allen replied. “You get beat up if don’t believe what everybody believes. This is like ’30s Germany. I don’t know what happened. If you’re not part of the group, ‘You know what we believe is right,’ I go, ‘Well, I might have a problem with that.’ I’m a comedian, I like going on both sides.”

If you have not seen the clip, you should. I thought it was funny. I would link it but I am at work and can't. I like Tim Allen a lot. Do you guys think this (among other things he has said) has a role in why his show was canceled?

Any other fans of the show?

The Zone

Star
I never watched it but man am I disappointed in that it indeed got canceled for political reasons.and I did see his interview on youtube. All the more reason I am hating network TV more by the day. Netflix is starting to get over the top political as well.

bbsion

Established
I just read this in an article:

"Deadline reports the sitcom was the network's second-highest comedy this season and averaged 8.1 million viewers, just behind "Modern Family," which averaged 8.7 million viewers this season and was recently renewed for two more seasons. It was also ABC's third highest watched scripted series behind "Grey’s Anatomy" and "Modern Family."

Why cancel one of the best shows you have? This has to be political bull crap.

mecca

Superstar
I just read this in an article:

"Deadline reports the sitcom was the network's second-highest comedy this season and averaged 8.1 million viewers, just behind "Modern Family," which averaged 8.7 million viewers this season and was recently renewed for two more seasons. It was also ABC's third highest watched scripted series behind "Grey’s Anatomy" and "Modern Family."

Why cancel one of the best shows you have? This has to be political bull crap.
That is weird.

bbsion

Established
I agree. I think the show will be picked up by another network for sure. The petition I linked above now has about 330,000 signatures. That's pretty quick growth in two days!