Laodicean Churches Launch Small Group Bible Study Based On ‘The Shack’ False Gospel

Thunderian

Superstar
Has anyone see this movie or read the book? Agree or disagree with this article?

Laodicean Churches Launch Small Group Bible Study Based On ‘The Shack’ False Gospel
nowtheendbegins.com/laodicean-church-small-group-bible-study-based-the-shack-movie-false-gospel/

This 5-week bible study based on ‘The Shack’ contains discussion questions, personal applications, and is perfect for church small groups, family study, or individual study.

“For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears; And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables.” 2 Timothy 4:3,4 (KJV)

Last week, we published an article
warning Christians about the false New Age gospel taught in ‘The Shack’ movie. Many received that warning in the spirit that it was intended, while others wrote in to say things like “it’s not teaching the Bible, it’s just a movie!”.

Well, as it turns out, liberal Laodicean churches across america are using ‘The Shack’ to teach the Bible to people – albeit a false gospel, with a false Jesus, and a message of New Age Universal salvation.

This 5-week study features five clips from the movie for a powerful small group experience.

“Based on the movie in theaters March 3, The Shack, this 5-week campaign and study are designed to help people experience the life-changing goodness, grace, and presence of God. Using engaging scenes from the film, paired with relevant Scripture, these resources are an invitation to experience the ultimate truth about love, loss, and forgiveness.”

Joel Houston, from the ultra-liberal Hillsong United church, says “Perhaps the most profound description of who God is, how He works and what faith and life is all about.”

Really, Joel, I thought the Bible gave us the “most profound description of who God is”, no?

Here is what other liberal Laodicean pastors have to say about using ‘The Shack’ to learn the Bible:
  • “The most profound, beautiful and accurate portrayal of God and his relationship with us ever produced on film! I will passionately promote and recommend The Shack when it is released in theaters.”- Dan Smith, Pastor, Vineyard Community Church
  • “The most accurate biblical representation of the deity of God I’ve ever seen…this movie will preach all day long! Hollywood finally got it right.”- Bishop IV Hilliard, Houston TX

• “Wow is a gross understatement! This film does the best teaching and guiding on a personal journey to forgiveness, faith and forward-driven healing that I have ever experienced. This film should be a requirement for citizenship on earth!”- Marlow Saunders, Valencia Christian Center, Sr. Pastor

• “I can’t wait to unleash this thing.”- Pastor Ray Johnston, Bayside Church

• “This film is a very worthy attempt at exploring the most mysterious truths in a way which illuminates both issues (forgiveness and the Trinity) and many other aspects of the human experience.”- Patrick Langrell, Director of Young Adult Outreach, Archdiocese of LA
Now, we have just shown you the official Laodicean small group “bible” study guide, and given you half a dozen quotes from religious leaders telling you that ‘The Shack’ is teaching people their version of the Bible.

13 glaring times where The Shack is in direct opposition to Biblical teaching:
Here are 13 ways that The Shack will teach you a false gospel if you accept the movie as being true to the Bible. Every single one of these points, made in both the book and the movie, are a lie. And who is the “father of lies”? Yep. That’s who’s behind The Shack, too.
  1. God the father was crucified with his Jesus.
  2. God is limited by his love and therefore cannot practice Justice.
  3. God forgave all of Humanity, whether they repent or not.
  4. All hierarchical structures are evil.
  5. God will never judge anybody for their sins.
  6. The Godhead has no hierarchical structure, just the circle of unity.
  7. God submits to human wishes and choices.
  8. Justice will never take place because of love.
  9. There is no such thing as Eternal judgement or torment in hell.
  10. It doesn’t matter which way you get to God, Jesus is walking with all people in their different Journeys.
  11. Jesus is constantly being transformed along with us.
  12. Everyone will make it into heaven.
  13. The Bible is not true because it reduces God to paper.
‘The Shack’ is not merely a book or a movie, it is nothing less than an all-out assault on Biblical Christianity to get you to believe in the “another Jesus” Paul warned about so many years ago. It teaches a false New Age gospel, and presents you with an LGBTQP version of the Trinity. It is not the Bible, does not represent the Bible, and does not present the viewer with God’s plan of salvation found in the Bible.

mecca

Superstar
I haven't seen it but from what I've heard it basically has nothing to do with what the Bible says. Also I think it's weird that they got 3 people to be God. I feel like this article is a little dramatic though.

Lisa

Superstar
I've been seeing the warning about the Shack all throughout the sites I visit. My husband years ago was in a small group and they "studied" the Shack because the church wanted them too. I didn't read it myself because I had no interest in it, but my husband said it was kinda weird. It kinda reminds me of the people thinking Jesus calling is a Christian book too. I think pretty much that Christianity has been inundated with false gospels and many people seem to be having a hard time knowing what the truth is anymore, people seem to not have any discernment anymore. Guess that's where falling away from the faith comes in?

Cisco

Rookie
I read the book and loved it. I didn't know there was a movie but I'm reluctant to watch it. I've learned that lesson before.

Anyway, it's obviously not biblically correct, just anecdotal but I am not surprised that people want to make it more. To each their own, I guess.

I'm not religious so it doesn't bother me in that regard. I think it's a cool story.

MrsFree2015

I'm so happy I came across this. I listen to TBN every morning while I get ready for work and I've heard them promoting The Shack movie. That's unfortunate. I would think they would make sure they aren't leading anyone astray by diluting the gospel. I guess the end times are getting close and Satan is pulling out all the stops.

truthmaster

The Kardashian Klan is being used to advertise this movie, so it tells you everything you need to know about the movie. The whole klan went to watch it last night and the MSM was only too happy to cover it. So I know this movie is part of the "agenda".

SkepticCat

Veteran
I'm so happy I came across this. I listen to TBN every morning while I get ready for work and I've heard them promoting The Shack movie. That's unfortunate. I would think they would make sure they aren't leading anyone astray by diluting the gospel. I guess the end times are getting close and Satan is pulling out all the stops.
They definitely are trying to lead people astray. Watch this: http://av1611.com/kjbp/ridiculous-kjv-bible-corrections/Lords-Prayer-to-Whom.html

Also just saw a book cover with a 'priest' pulling the triple-six over one eye in one of VC's "pic of month" articles. Sad.

JoChris

Superstar
To people who don't know/ care much about Christian doctrine about doctrine "the Shack" sounds harmless/ positive.
To people who do, it is a dangerous book from a Christian theological perspective. A book -even though it is fiction- which makes people believe in a different God to the God of the BIBLE is one which should be avoided completely.

Here's a pastor's review. http://pulpitandpen.org/2017/02/23/the-shack-a-pastoral-review-of-the-popular-novel/

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
Has anyone see this movie or read the book? Agree or disagree with this article?
I have mixed feelings on this one - I got a lot from watching the Matrix (hardly a great Christian movie) but I saw the parallels with the world beyond the physical (and just ignored the gnosticism!) I liked 'The Shack' and read it in the terms it presented itself - as an allegory of an encounter with a triune God. I guess the real danger is that if you take your theology from such an allegory, it is just like doing your Bible study from a paraphrase... You are basing your understanding on someone elses interpretation.

The author of the Shack admitted on interview that he had a terrible relationship with his own father, hence the need to recognise the feminine attributes of God in 'Papa'. As a device in a story, I never read great importance into it, but perhaps I just decided to ignore the bits I did'nt agree with!!!