Kobe Bryant is gone

Maes17

Superstar
Food for thought. This happened the weekend of the grammy’s.
New decade. Why is it that a major cultural icon passes away a week or so before the super bowl? I remember Whitney Houston also passed around a similar time.

Regardless of the conspiracy. Kobe was the man. RIP mamba

Thunderian

Superstar
One daughter. Also died.

It actually made me really sad when my son told me.. wasn’t expecting that
I’m not much of a basketball fan, but I understand what this means. My wife, who is in mild shock over this, compared it to Heath Ledger’s death. I would compare it to Michael Jackson’s. So sad for his remaining daughters and his friends and family. What a hard time for them.

The Zone

Star
He was hoops royalty that went straight to the league out of high school. Interestingly, the next Los Angeles Lakers game is against their same town rival the Los Angeles Clippers. And, or, their biggest game is next. Being a hoops fan I am seeing some conspiracies tossed about even with fans. Some say his last tweet passed a torch to LeBron, others say Zion Williamson takes the stage as he exits. Personally, I think this was just a tragedy and it sucks one if his daughters were with him. . I am not saying he was not illuminated but he was a family man from my vantage to go with that.

Last edited:

Glad 2 know

Veteran
As a basketball and Kobe fan I am very saddened, specially since his 13 yr old daughter also perished. I feel so sad for the other ones that are also victims. I find it very odd that it happened after Lebron passed his record. It's a VERY foggy day today with very low visibility and I don't understand that someone would want to fly in such conditions. It's a mix of fog with smog so the visibility is even lower Going along with Frank Badfinger's post, I don't doubt that this was what everyone else here says it is. :(:(:(

Aero

Superstar
It's super depressing.

I hate to be the one to say it, but if you are taking frequent helicopter rides you are literally gambling with your life. Unless you have the very best helicopter with the best pilot, just don't.