Kobe Bryant is gone

weskrongden

Veteran
It is sad and shocking any time a young healthy person dies. People mourn victims of tragedies halfway around the world that they don’t know also.

I was shocked I felt sad when my son told me. He is a basketball fanatic and a huge fan so him feeling sad made sense.. me I don’t even watch sports. But he was an extremely talented young person and how he died was tragic and I’d feel sad if anyone famous or not died in such a tragic way. No need to be so confrontational about it. It’s human nature.
You know he was accused of r*pe right?

TonyVanDam

Established
You know he was accused of r*pe right?
And those r*pe charges were dropped because the so-called r*pe victim refused to show up for criminal court. And do not get me started about the absolute fact that she had no problem show up from civil court to take an out-of-court settlement. ATEOTD, she was only after Kobe's money and for that reason alone, I do not feel sorry for her at all.

Hooligan69

Established
I heard on Sportsnet update that there was a fire on the helicopter before it crashed.

Aero

Superstar
People die everyday. Children die everyday. Why would people who never knew Kobe mourn him? Because he was good at basketball? If you weren't close to him, you have no idea if he even was a good person.
I'm aware that people die every day. And to try to answer your question, people mourn because the idea of death is sad. It doesn't matter if you know the person or not. Nor does it matter if they are good or bad. Death reminds us of our own mortality.

Wigi

Veteran
I'm aware that people die every day. And to try to answer your question, people mourn because the idea of death is sad. It doesn't matter if you know the person or not. Nor does it matter if they are good or bad. Death reminds us of our own mortality.
I can understand how it could be irritating when people mourns idols like if they were deities who were supposed to be immortal. In that sense I agree with him but imagine that your favourite, most talented, altruistic athlete/actor/singer or someone relatively famous who made you love their art died with her daughter in an accident. It's not just sad but shocking like 'wtf he looked so happy and healthy yesterday. Why him?'

But yeah in general I can't be insensitive when a tragedy happen just by stating the obvious that everyone dies..

DavidSon

Star
I can understand how it could be irritating when people mourns idols like if they were deities who were supposed to be immortal. In that sense I agree with him but imagine that your favourite, most talented, altruistic athlete/actor/singer or someone relatively famous who made you love their art died with her daughter in an accident. It's not just sad but shocking like 'wtf he looked so happy and healthy yesterday. Why him?'

But yeah in general I can't be insensitive when a tragedy happen just by stating the obvious that everyone dies..
I wanted to say something like this. These gifted individuals are, in some areas, like the best..of the best...OF THE BEST at what they do. It's almost a quality of God. We talk about our "God given" talents all the time. Kobe wasn't some divine saint, but he was regarded as a legend by his community. It makes you wonder where the true motive to dissing on Bryant stems from....:rolleyes:

Awoken2

Superstar
If the TV news stories are correct apparently a basketball player and his daughter got killed in a helicopter...along with seven unnamed unimportant people, who weren't very good at basketball.

weskrongden

Veteran
I wanted to say something like this. These gifted individuals are, in some areas, like the best..of the best...OF THE BEST at what they do. It's almost a quality of God. We talk about our "God given" talents all the time. Kobe wasn't some divine saint, but he was regarded as a legend by his community. It makes you wonder where the true motive to dissing on Bryant stems from....:rolleyes:
Sounds like idolatry to me. This isn't specific to Kobe it's about celebrity culture in general.

weskrongden

Veteran
And those r*pe charges were dropped because the so-called r*pe victim refused to show up for criminal court. And do not get me started about the absolute fact that she had no problem show up from civil court to take an out-of-court settlement. ATEOTD, she was only after Kobe's money and for that reason alone, I do not feel sorry for her at all.

I won't say he was a rapist because I believe innocent until proven guilty in court, but she sounds more credible in these police interviews to me. Also...

During the preliminary hearing, Detective Winters testified that the accuser had been examined the day after the alleged assault by Sexual Assault Nurse Examiners (SANE) at the Valley View Hospital in Glenwood Springs, Colorado.

“[The nurse] stated that there were several lacerations to the victim’s posterior fourchette or vaginal area, and two of those lacerations were approximately one centimeter in length,” testified Det. Winters. “And there were many, I believe, 2 millimeter lacerations. Too many to count… [The nurse] stated that the injuries were consistent with penetrating genital trauma. That it’s not consistent with consensual sex.”

GreenLeaf

Rookie
Thx for info. I could not find full episode on YouTube.. but I found this
I would like to see full episode. Also.. who wrote this show? Questionable, to say the least.
Clips from that cartoon are getting scrubbed. Here is the helicopter crash clip from the cartoon, which is still up at the moment. At the end of the clip, there is also a screen shot of a Twitter post from 2012 saying that he would die in a helicopter crash:

Last edited:

Lisa

Superstar
Seems like it was a tragedy in the making...the heavy fog, the pilot who wasn’t using instrumentation just sight to fly the helicopter and there was only one pilot not the usual two. And one wonders..did they really have to go if the fog was that bad?

B_JMNN

Established
Seems like it was a tragedy in the making...the heavy fog, the pilot who wasn’t using instrumentation just sight to fly the helicopter and there was only one pilot not the usual two. And one wonders..did they really have to go if the fog was that bad?
I'm hoping Kobe didn't pressure the pilot to fly, even though the pilot knew the conditions.

Lisa

Superstar
I'm hoping Kobe didn't pressure the pilot to fly, even though the pilot knew the conditions.
One has to wonder why they took off in the first place. The parents with their daughter...probably were flattered to be riding with him in his helicopter. The coach probably didn’t mind either. One wonders why they had to fly at all?

Lisa

Superstar
One things for certain..money doesn’t protect you from bad choices..or death.

Glad 2 know

Veteran
Why is it super depressing? Did you know him? People die everyday, veterans, nuns, ect... People more altruistic than Kobe. Condolences to his family, I find it more sad that his young daughter was on board. The over the top rhetoric when a celebrity dies is too much. Need to stop worshipping them.
You wouldn't understand because you didn't follow him. He was down to earth, humble, caring and was just human, a super human. He touched people's lives in a way that you wouldn't understand. For those of us that he did touch with his dedication, sportsmanship and professionalism, we are extremely saddened. Plus he touched other's people's lived because he did nice things for them but they're not splattered all over the news. There are those of us that don't worship them but give them credit where credit is due and that's it.