Kim Jong-un and Donald Trump to meet, says South Korea

Thunderian

Superstar
People think Trump's bluster is going to lead to a nobel peace prize? LOL Wtf.

Never mind the fact that this is like barely half a story. It wasn't even the North Koreans who released this info. Don't any of you wonder why?
A very good example of a post made with literally zero knowledge of the subject.

Aero

Superstar
A very good example of a post made with literally zero knowledge of the subject.
Really? Seems pretty simple to me. The military hawks don't want peace with North Korea. And for Trump to agree to meet Kim Jung Un puts him in direct odds with the whole war narrative.

Of course it's already been noted the White House has dialed back the rhetoric. Why? See my above paragraph. I don't expect much to happen on this front. Maybe I'll be surprised. But it's clear most of the Trump fans are just getting way ahead of themselves on North Korea

Thunderian

Superstar
So whats the beef with NK if its not over nukes?
A better question would be, "What is North Korea's beef?" The North Korean regime has regularly threatened South Korea with nuclear destruction -- as in literally saying, "We are going to nuke you!" The North Koreans have also threatened the United States with a pre-emptive strike, and Japan, too regularly gets threatened with nuclear destruction by the Kim family.

Are constant threats of a nuclear holocaust enough to warrant beef on the part of the US and it's allies?

Thunderian

Superstar
Really? Seems pretty simple to me. The military hawks don't want peace with North Korea. And for Trump to agree to meet Kim Jung Un puts him in direct odds with the whole war narrative.

Of course it's already been noted the White House has dialed back the rhetoric. Why? See my above paragraph. I don't expect much to happen on this front. Maybe I'll be surprised. But it's clear most of the Trump fans are just getting way ahead of themselves on North Korea
Your point of view is almost entirely unhindered by reality. How did you come by it?

Aero

Superstar
Your point of view is almost entirely unhindered by reality. How did you come by it?
Lol what? You called a hastily organized meeting (that might not happen) huge. And you haven't backed that up with anything really. It doesn't take brains to blindly promote a politician.

North Korea won't denuclearize unless the U.S gives something in return. And the U.S isn't going to give up shit. The only one who will win from these two leaders meeting is Kim Jung-Un. Because he's been trying to appear equal to the United States.

If some of you would take your heads out of the box, it would be clear. The U.S is pushing for *more* nuclear weapons. So why in the hell would we make a deal with North Korea to disarm?

Helioform

Star
Lol what? You called a hastily organized meeting (that might not happen) huge. And you haven't backed that up with anything really. It doesn't take brains to blindly promote a politician.

North Korea won't denuclearize unless the U.S gives something in return. And the U.S isn't going to give up shit. The only one who will win from these two leaders meeting is Kim Jung-Un. Because he's been trying to appear equal to the United States.

If some of you would take your heads out of the box, it would be clear. The U.S is pushing for *more* nuclear weapons. So why in the hell would we make a deal with North Korea to disarm?
In his head, Jong-Un probably thinks that denuclearization means that the US will have to disarm as well, which is an impossibility. Trump might as well continue with his "fire and fury" thing.

The Zone

Star
As for neutralizing NK...it means taking nukes away from a dictator. As for what is the beef with NK other than nukes...human rights offences are Captain Obvious like. As for military hawks...they want a ground war at best and not a nuke war, so that completely eliminates the NK scenario. What is being missed is that there is a chance for Peace and NK knows something has to give for their way of life is falling apart. Some continue to insist the US wants to cause a war when its actions are to prevent a nut sending a nuke. I am not saying the military industrial complex is not evil but there is a civil war in the US with them as well which is unseen. When Trump came into office he said he did not want to police the world...but people ignore that as well just as they do far less strikes than under Obama. Bluster and verbage is not the same as action and aggression.

Aero

Superstar
In his head, Jong-Un probably thinks that denuclearization means that the US will have to disarm as well, which is an impossibility. Trump might as well continue with his "fire and fury" thing.
Exactly. If the sanctions were working than North Korea would just submit. And I've talked about this type of stuff before. How diplomacy actually works in real life. Both sides have to come to a mutual agreement. Playing each other doesn't even count a little bit.

I don't get some of the reactions on the right though. They're acting like I'm pissing in Trump's cereal. When I never really stated an opinion if I think it's a good move or not. All I'm saying is we don't know what kind of move it is. All we know is how to gauge the political climate. So with that in mind, Trump has to get *everything* or it's not a win.

What I think Trump should be doing is going for easy victories. To try to win over independent voters. Getting bogged down in North Korean affairs seems unproductive at best. I'm all for taking long shots but I don't think that's what America needs to be great.

TempestOfTempo

Superstar
But Trump didn't make any announcement. This was an initiative from the North Koreans that was expressed through South Korea, asking the US to the negotiating table. It's huge news, but Trump didn't say anything.
His administration publicly stated hes planning on meeting KJU correct?

justjess

Superstar
Kim Jung Un took power in 2011 from his father, during obamas presidency. An increase in tests right after taking power is logical as a show of power for a new leader. Im not convinced that these tests have lessened under trump, i havent been able to find nu bers either way.. during rhe last year there was a while it felt like they were every week and this is the first time they had a weapon capable of reaching us, so whatever the numbers are i dont think we can say trump coming to power has improved things at all.

There are reasons other presidents have declined the opportunity to sit down with north korea - including other republican presidents. And republicans in the past have been against even the idea of it.. but whatever.

As far as im concerned, fine give it a shot but i doubt it will accomplish anything other than optics, and i do find it a bit hypocrotical.

His administration btw is walking back these statements saying trump will only meet if preconditions are met, the same reason obama didnt end up meeting with them(the preconditions werent met) . So i guess well just wait and see.

Thunderian

Superstar
His administration publicly stated hes planning on meeting KJU correct?
You're characterizing the White House's public acceptance of North Korea's invitation to disarmament talks as a "bold announcement"?

How could the US have accepted Kim's invitation in a way that would not have been so "bold"?

Should the Trump administration have said no, and refused to meet with North Korea for peace?

Should they have accepted, and not told anyone?

What would have made you happy in this situation?

Because a normal person would have taken this as an invitation from Kim to Trump, which Trump has accepted on behalf of the interests of the civilised world.

A better question would be, "What is North Korea's beef?" The North Korean regime has regularly threatened South Korea with nuclear destruction -- as in literally saying, "We are going to nuke you!" The North Koreans have also threatened the United States with a pre-emptive strike, and Japan, too regularly gets threatened with nuclear destruction by the Kim family.

Are constant threats of a nuclear holocaust enough to warrant beef on the part of the US and it's allies?
I thought the US was taking the non-intervention route this go around though politicians are known to lie....

TempestOfTempo

Superstar
You're characterizing the White House's public acceptance of North Korea's invitation to disarmament talks as a "bold announcement"?

How could the US have accepted Kim's invitation in a way that would not have been so "bold"?

Should the Trump administration have said no, and refused to meet with North Korea for peace?

Should they have accepted, and not told anyone?

What would have made you happy in this situation?

Because a normal person would have taken this as an invitation from Kim to Trump, which Trump has accepted on behalf of the interests of the civilised world.
The entire US political establishment is treating it as a "bold announcement" so I suppose its just the reality of the world vs. Thunderians fantasyland. No surprises there......

There is no way. Its a bold move. Period. And so long as Donny's intentions are true, I support it.

What are you rambling about, just sticking out your elbows in search of conflict on these boards? I have been giving him credit for this "bold" move towards diplomacy.

As for your other ridiculous contention which I shot down in flames in a previous post...... and you (per usual) refused to address...... from Trumps own cabinet (Mike Pompeo):
"The president made the decision it was the right time to begin that conversation."

Awoken2

Superstar
Is it beyond the realms of possibility that the North Korea thing is just one big con trick?

In one context the opposite of PRO is CON

In that context what's the opposite of PROgress?

Problem, reaction, solution are the methods which these people use.

THEY create a problem, using their best tool the mainstream media. Impending war with a tyrannical regime with "weapons of mass destruction" ....we have heard that one before haven't we?

The REACTION to this problem is the general public are now in fear. In steps the President spewing gung-ho rhetoric about U.S.bigger missiles which is basically inferring a nuclear war could be imminent. Majority of population are now in full panic mode.

Now NK back down, submitting to the veiled threat from Trump. What a great SOLUTION. Panic over. Trump is then seen as some type of courageous saviour who stood up to tyranny getting all those petrified citizens on side

That's how con tricks work. They need to gain your confidence first. That could be perceived by a cynic like me of what appears to have happened here.

Last edited:

Aero

Superstar
Right. If there is a worldwide conspiracy of mind control than there can't be real warring factions. The battles are real, but the war actually is not. It's all been an illusion for quite some time, and most of us here know that. What I'm saying is, anything that happens that people just have to know. Or is important for some reason. Than that thing is probably rigged.

Another thing to keep in mind is the actual power structure of Satanic bloodlines. The doctrine of the beast is to basically take what you can. So unless you are in my direct family or close enough to it. Than I can try to take whatever you have, for whatever reason I want. And it doesn't matter how elite you are. That's how the power structure works!