Killing animals for food

Damien50

Star
I do. I have to my body craves protein like you wouldn't believe. I really can't handle eating carbs at all. I've been like this for as long as I remember. It's not that I don't enjoy carbs they just leave me feeling really crappy, even most fruits are too much for my system. I'm also incredibly anemic, so that doesn't help. I know you can get iron though vegetables, and I do, it just isn't enough.
Have you tried floradix? Not everyone can absorb iron that is bound to potassium and floradix doesn't bind to potassium.

shankara

Star
Any reasonably intelligent person who's actually read the Bible cover to cover a few times would not walk away with the Bible justifying slavery. It simply does not do so. The "slaves" of the Bible were more like indentured servants as they had many rights compared to US, slaves who were treated as chattel worse than animals often times, and had no rights to redress grievances. U.S slaves could be killed without impunity. The Bible actually proposes rules of protection for servants, or what you consider slaves. The Bible also says that all servants should go free during the Year of Jubilee. There are many verses in the Bible that provide rights for slaves. If you read the books of Leviticus and Deuteronomy you would see that.

Deuteronomy 23:15

“Thou shalt not deliver unto his master the servant which is escaped from his master unto thee:”

Exodus 21:27 And if he smite out his manservant's tooth, or his maidservant's tooth; he shall let him go free for his tooth's sake.

Deuteronomy 24:14 Thou shalt not oppress an hired servant that is poor and needy, whether he be of thy brethren, or of thy strangers that are in thy land within thy gates:
That isn't what they used to justify slavery. The passage goes:
The Bible said:
And he said, Cursed be Canaan; a servant of servants shall he be unto his brethren.
There are also contradictory passages about vegetarianism in Genesis:
Genesis 1.29 said:
And God said, Behold, I have given you every herb bearing seed, which is upon the face of all the earth, and every tree, in the which is the fruit of a tree yielding seed; to you it shall be for meat.
Genesis 9.3 said:
Every moving thing that liveth shall be meat for you; even as the green herb have I given you all things.
I think that the latter was due to the fact that the survivors of the cataclysm (i.e. Atlantis) landed in mountainous regions where a lot of protein and fat is required in the diet.

There have been, by the way, quite a number of vegetarian sects of Christianity.