Kid's Can't Consent- Invalid Argument

justjess

Superstar
Having sex with kids to "educate" them isn't a valid idea to help in any way imo..

Look u have sex offenders who force fellatio from 5 year old girls serving 8 months and being sent home to live unsupervised with their own toddler daughters. That's a failurs of the legal system - a purposeful failure imo - and fucking kids isn't the answer. Reform criminal law so that life and body are taken more seriously and punished harsher for violating then PROPERTY would be the first step in the right direction I think..

Aero

Superstar
Having sex with kids to "educate" them isn't a valid idea to help in any way imo..

Look u have sex offenders who force fellatio from 5 year old girls serving 8 months and being sent home to live unsupervised with their own toddler daughters. That's a failurs of the legal system - a purposeful failure imo - and fucking kids isn't the answer. Reform criminal law so that life and body are taken more seriously and punished harsher for violating then PROPERTY would be the first step in the right direction I think..
Right it's the adults who need educated. Our jails cannot hold all the people who belong there. Minimum mandatory sentencing laws are destroying the criminal justice system from within. When someone gets busted for some petty ass drug crime, they have to serve jail time. The judge literally cannot do anything, unless they suspend the entire sentence. Which they will only do for you one time, and if your sentence is like 30 days.

And this is what the public wants. They want to denigrate the drug users and toss them in jail. It doesn't matter if the Rapists are getting out of jail early. Drugs are bad, k?

Homie who wrote that article needs to learn that consent is more than just saying "yes".

A radically different power dynamic can invalidate consent. Even if you'll argue that a child can want sex (which I think is bollocks until someone finishes puberty) a child cannot consent to engage with sex with an adult. I mean, if shit like this is part of the reason fraternizing is often illegal in the military how the fuck could anything think its alright?

Aero

Superstar
Your points are duly noted. I just have less faith in adults than the rest of you. I mean I don't see them as being an automatic standard for knowing anything about "consent". In my eyes half these adults might as well be children, plenty of them fall for the "candy".

justjess

Superstar
When you are talking about pedophiles you are talking pre pubescent children. There is no grey area there imo. When you get into teenagers there's some wiggle room for DISCUSSION (I personally still have a huge problem with it) but not with little kids man. I don't care how stupid or immature adults can be it's impossible to look at a three year old and think anything other then they are not ready to have sex no matter what they may say or agree to and anyone who puts that on them deserves to rot.

As for the drug laws I agree hole heartedly. Our priorities are screwed. You get more time for petty larceny in many cases then child r*pe. Smoking pot shouldn't land you in prison longer then fondling children.

The Zone

Star
An adult is an adult and if you do not know the difference in right and wrong you deserve the ramifications. It's stretching it like Mr. Fantastic to imply that most do not understand consent.

Your points are duly noted. I just have less faith in adults than the rest of you. I mean I don't see them as being an automatic standard for knowing anything about "consent". In my eyes half these adults might as well be children, plenty of them fall for the "candy".

Aero

Superstar
It's not always about what's right or wrong. Obviously sex with a kid is abuse and exploitation. I think a lot of you are missing the point. It's like every time I bring up "branding" people it goes over everyone's head. Like don't you all see the real danger there?

When you start putting people in categories it dehumanizes them. And that's fine for the worst criminals out there, but for people who haven't really done anything. Than it's nothing more than unhealthy minded thinking.

The Zone

Star
It is not us or ''you'' as stated your post putting people into categories...it is society which makes rules or laws for good reason. Knowing right or wrong is something that keeps the world moving. I think most of us understand branding and that some cannot be branded for they are kind of all over the place.

Violette

Star
It's not always about what's right or wrong. Obviously sex with a kid is abuse and exploitation. I think a lot of you are missing the point. It's like every time I bring up "branding" people it goes over everyone's head. Like don't you all see the real danger there?

When you start putting people in categories it dehumanizes them. And that's fine for the worst criminals out there, but for people who haven't really done anything. Than it's nothing more than unhealthy minded thinking.
Getting turned on by kids is unhealthy minded thinking. Thinking people are wrong for categorizing pedophiles as sick people is unhealthy minded thinking. There are things in this world that are absolutely wrong. In no situation is sex with a child debatable. I'm a preschool teacher and if anyone ever tried to harm my kids I'd kick them in their teeth.

Aero

Superstar
The law says they are to be rehabilitated through the jail system. Not to be kicked in the teeth. Or denigrated. That's people doing that, and it's why our justice system is messed up. It's why the wrong people get charged and serve time.

justjess

Superstar
Who would you consider the worst criminals? And who hasn't really done anything?

My husband was in prison many years.. I'm all for criminal justice system reform and well aware of the many many problems our current system has but on the other hand I've also watched sex crimes and crimes against children treated with a slap on the wrist - and I feel that in and of itself is a huge part of what our overarching problem is

Aero

Superstar
Who would you consider the worst criminals? And who hasn't really done anything?

My husband was in prison many years.. I'm all for criminal justice system reform and well aware of the many many problems our current system has but on the other hand I've also watched sex crimes and crimes against children treated with a slap on the wrist - and I feel that in and of itself is a huge part of what our overarching problem is
I consider r*pe and murder to be the worst crimes. But I want to make sure they are actually guilty before I vote guilty. That's all. It's not about letting predators off easy.

justjess

Superstar
I understand your concern about false imprisonment but the process by which a sex abuse investigation is done is extensive and rigorous and often even with boat loads of evidence or witnesses the end result is nothing or a slap on the wrist..

It's frustrating. I could tell u stories but personal anecdotes are frowned on round here.. the guy I mentioned earlier was a real client though. And that's just one example, one that still haunts me to this day as a constant reminder of why this world is tucked.

Unfortunately as a society we seem to care more about snatched purses then we do about violated children

TMT

Star

That's what i was trying to say. The reality is that people exists with this predilection, it sucks but its part of life. There are things that can be done to help ensure that pedophiles don't become child molesters, but you cant do that if you view people with those attractions as less than human.

justjess

Superstar
A p***phile who doesn't offend isn't a problem with me.. maybe that should be clarified? My problem only starts when a child is hurt.

I think reducing the stigma about the disorder and making it clear not all offend would help to get these people into treatment so they DONT offend.

williejonesjr

Veteran
My father "got" me at a family function when I was about 7 in human years. He was trying to get what he could that day. He didn't realize I was a boy & got me poolside. I've honestly never been the same.
I've led a life of stealing, I've even tried beer drinking, dancing & cross dressing. I overeat and even dig in the trash for food.
I'm lazy and often have no will to live.
I've never tried to assault anyone. My brother gets behind me a lot, though. That gets me mad & I get in his face.