Kid's Can't Consent- Invalid Argument

Violette

Star
http://nickmartinezofficial.com/index.php/2017/05/04/children-cant-consent-invalid-arguement/
"Sexual activity isn’t some kind of complicated social contract that requires deliberation or special knowledge of any kind. The dumbest of wild beasts have sex. Having an orgasm does not require special knowledge. The belief that children can’t consent to sex for lack of an ability to make an informed decision is one of the most schizophrenic things a person could possibly believe when compared to other things children are allowed and even expected to do. Since when has a lack of understanding been a moral barrier to being educated about something? If a child doesn’t understand calculus, is it immoral to teach them math?"
These people are so sick. It doesn't matter if the child understands what's going on(they don't) because the adult does and there is nothing that will ever be morally correct about having a sexual relationship with a child.

Aero

Superstar
I don't see this issue in two colors. First off I think the whole article was written as troll bait, but let's forget about all that for a minute. Certainly there is a good argument to be made for children's rights here. It's just not a strategy I would use. Like no, we can't make p***phile activity legal. That would be the dumbest move. That's not granting more rights to children, it's granting more rights to adults.

Back to my troll bait theory though. If you look at the hatred, and vitriol in the comments section of that article, things become clear. And the "point" of the article makes more sense. The stigma of being labeled a p***phile brings something out of people, that isn't good. It's not Godly, or moral to want to kill pedophiles. And to take it further, they threaten the people who are simply supporting pedophiles.

Certainly there is some middle ground here. But pedophiles are bad, so let's not even talk about it?

Violette

Star
I don't see this issue in two colors. First off I think the whole article was written as troll bait, but let's forget about all that for a minute. Certainly there is a good argument to be made for children's rights here. It's just not a strategy I would use. Like no, we can't make p***phile activity legal. That would be the dumbest move. That's not granting more rights to children, it's granting more rights to adults.

Back to my troll bait theory though. If you look at the hatred, and vitriol in the comments section of that article, things become clear. And the "point" of the article makes more sense. The stigma of being labeled a p***phile brings something out of people, that isn't good. It's not Godly, or moral to want to kill pedophiles. And to take it further, they threaten the people who are simply supporting pedophiles.

Certainly there is some middle ground here. But pedophiles are bad, so let's not even talk about it?
There are groups of people legitimately trying to legalize p***philia. There's also people in the comment section that agree with the article. It bothers me that people like this exist. I couldn't read the whole article but I did read the author try to say that it's about education when that's a really twisted version of what it really is. I've had too many encounters with pedophiles in my youth to say there can be a middle ground.

Aero

Superstar
There are groups of people legitimately trying to legalize p***philia. There's also people in the comment section that agree with the article. It bothers me that people like this exist. I couldn't read the whole article but I did read the author try to say that it's about education when that's a really twisted version of what it really is. I've had too many encounters with pedophiles in my youth to say there can be a middle ground.
But you don't advocate the deaths of every p***phile right? I get that your personal experiences make it hard for you to feel "mercy" on those predators. I don't have a problem in that sense, but I would have to take each individual case into consideration.

I've said it before the scales of balance go up and down. When you apply any power of force unto a group of people, they are going to push back. Or at least resist. And others will rally to that cause, maybe just to fight for the underdogs. What I'm saying is, if you brand them all as evil. Someone else is going to show up and brand them all as being OK.

Violette

Star
But you don't advocate the deaths of every p***phile right? I get that your personal experiences make it hard for you to feel "mercy" on those predators. I don't have a problem in that sense, but I would have to take each individual case into consideration.

I've said it before the scales of balance go up and down. When you apply any power of force unto a group of people, they are going to push back. Or at least resist. And others will rally to that cause, maybe just to fight for the underdogs. What I'm saying is, if you brand them all as evil. Someone else is going to show up and brand them all as being OK.
I believe p***philia itself is evil but it's a cycle because a lot of the abusers have been abused. Some of them don't believe they're harming children at all while some take pleasure in hurting them. So I guess some of them are more evil than others but I still have very little sympathy for them. Anyone who openly advocates it is evil IMO.

justjess

Superstar
I understand why people advocate hurting pedophiles.. its difficult to watch a child get hurt it's even more difficulty to watch the system shrug it off and downplay it. That doesn't mean it's the answer but when more "humane" options do nothing then what's left?

I personally feel they should all be chemically castrated... sex offender treatment hasn't been found to be very effective and most are serial offenders.

Violette

Star
I understand why people advocate hurting pedophiles.. its difficult to watch a child get hurt it's even more difficulty to watch the system shrug it off and downplay it. That doesn't mean it's the answer but when more "humane" options do nothing then what's left?

I personally feel they should all be chemically castrated... sex offender treatment hasn't been found to be very effective and most are serial offenders.
Agreed.

Aero

Superstar
Yes a lot of the predators out there were once the victims themselves. And nobody was there to help them, or nothing was done about it. Most likely because we live in a society that gives adults or people with money all the power.

People make the argument oh we can't just let kids run around freely. Why not? That's what we let the adults do, and we live with that disaster zone.

justjess

Superstar
Myth:
"Children who are sexually assaulted will sexually assault others when they grow up."
Fact:
Most sex offenders were not sexually assaulted as children and most children who are sexually assaulted do not sexually assault others.

Early childhood sexual victimization does not automatically lead to sexually aggressive behavior. While sex offenders have higher rates of sexual abuse in their histories than expected in the general population, the majority were not abused. Among adult sex offenders, approximately 30% have been sexually abused. Some types of offenders, such as those who sexually offend against young boys, have still higher rates of child sexual abuse in their histories (Becker and Murphy, 1998).

While past sexual victimization can increase the likelihood of sexually aggressive behavior, most children who were sexually victimized never perpetrate against others.

^ yea, they have a slightly higher rate of history of sexual assault themselves but I don't really think that accounts for much personally.

Violette

Star
Myth:
"Children who are sexually assaulted will sexually assault others when they grow up."
Fact:
Most sex offenders were not sexually assaulted as children and most children who are sexually assaulted do not sexually assault others.

Early childhood sexual victimization does not automatically lead to sexually aggressive behavior. While sex offenders have higher rates of sexual abuse in their histories than expected in the general population, the majority were not abused. Among adult sex offenders, approximately 30% have been sexually abused. Some types of offenders, such as those who sexually offend against young boys, have still higher rates of child sexual abuse in their histories (Becker and Murphy, 1998).

While past sexual victimization can increase the likelihood of sexually aggressive behavior, most children who were sexually victimized never perpetrate against others.

^ yea, they have a slightly higher rate of history of sexual assault themselves but I don't really think that accounts for much personally.
Thank you for the clarification on that

Violette

Star
Yes a lot of the predators out there were once the victims themselves. And nobody was there to help them, or nothing was done about it. Most likely because we live in a society that gives adults or people with money all the power.

People make the argument oh we can't just let kids run around freely. Why not? That's what we let the adults do, and we live with that disaster zone.
Kids can't roam around freely because there's sick people in the world and they can't overpower adults. I remember playing outside by myself and some random man got out of his car and started walking towards me. My mom was inside watching the whole time and came outside when she saw him walking towards me. He immediately turned around, got back in his car, and drove off. Imagine what would've happened if my mom just let me roam freely.

justjess

Superstar
It used to be different when I was a kid.. moms stayed home and all the moms in the neighborhood looked out for the kids who were "roaming freely" it's unfortunate that world doesn't seem to exist anymore.. I just started allowing my son a bit more independence he's thirteen and I specifically moved to a town with a virtually nonexistent crime rate and very family oriented - almost stuck in time - so I could do so.

I love the idea of free range kids but the practicality is not always feasible or wise

The Zone

Star
Several good comments here. I do think the second strike against a child molestor should be extremely severe and a third would mean chemical castration. Harsh, but so is messing up a persons natural choice in sex.

There are some who do not view certain age groups an issue. A girlfriend as in friend of mine said she openly with her parents knowing dated the tennis instructor while in HS. She was 16 and he was 23. I found that creepy in that the person in authority should have known better, but she did not think there was a thing wrong with it.

I had several pedo's hit me up along the way and asked my Dad one day about that and he too did. The point is it has been happening for a long time. What I have seen is that kids are most vulnerable with those who should be trusted. Pedo's work at the YMCA, Boy/Girl Scouts. Athletic groups, even churches. This makes them not only a pedo but a predator. Predators would not fare well if I was the boss of it all.

But as the OP said, there are groups wanting to normalize sex with youth and the PTB's have been involved with this kind of thin forever.

Lastly, many of them have not been abused, so that is in no way an excuse for them. Many who have been abused stand and fight the fight against it afterwards by baring their scars for the greater good.

I know in the UK, there is an issue with grooming of youth into the sex slave industry as well, but that is a worldwide issue with not any one race being at the head of the table. That nastiness is another discussion...

Honestly though, most pedo's just don't want to change their sexual desires. I can be attracted by youthful beauty and not act on it nor go to bad places in my mind. It is a simple matter of having moral boundaries. Most only seem to see their victims as prey and not sons and daughters, etc. The bottom line is a legal age for sex is needed and should be adhered to with harse penalties involved for repeat offenders.

TMT

Star
Well the thing to remember is that pedophillia and child molestation are two different things. The first isn't illegal but the second rightly is.

mecca

Superstar
pedophillia
As a medical diagnosis, p***philia or paedophilia is a psychiatric disorder in persons 16 years of age or older typically characterized by a primary or exclusive sexual interest toward prepubescent children

that's not illegal but if they act on it, that's illegal

TMT

Star
pedophillia
As a medical diagnosis, p***philia or paedophilia is a psychiatric disorder in persons 16 years of age or older typically characterized by a primary or exclusive sexual interest toward prepubescent children

that's not illegal but if they act on it, that's illegal
thats exactly what i said

Violette

Star
Well the thing to remember is that pedophillia and child molestation are two different things. The first isn't illegal but the second rightly is.
No one can be arrested for sick thoughts but it's still sick. Not every necrophiliac bangs a dead body but just the fact that people even think about doing that is strange. Who knows how many pedophiles don't eventually act out on their desires once given the opportunity? I'm trying to distinguish what is legal or not. I just posted the article because the author thinks having sex with children is educating them but I think that's BS.

TMT

Star
No one can be arrested for sick thoughts but it's still sick. Not every necrophiliac bangs a dead body but just the fact that people even think about doing that is strange. Who knows how many pedophiles don't eventually act out on their desires once given the opportunity? I'm trying to distinguish what is legal or not. I just posted the article because the author thinks having sex with children is educating them but I think that's BS.
Yes it is BS.

Aero

Superstar
B.S or not, we have a serious problem with the victimization of children. If it takes shocking people a little to get them to talk about it, what's the real problem? It seems to me that the children actually take a back seat to what adults are "comfortable" discussing. Or implementing.

I feel that way because of the knee jerk reactions to issues like this. When there is a famous case in the news, everyone is suddenly an advocate. But kids are getting hurt out there every few seconds basically. It seems like we should be doing more, and I'm not going to judge someone for out of the box thinking.