Kendrick Lamar Ft. Ms. Rihanna Fenty

tanayahenry

Rookie
The first shot that made me raise a brow (aside from the pup w. red eyes) was the focus on the illuminated Red Cross throughout the streets, while everything else is just dull and grey.

The following scene is Kendrick blindfolded, thus giving me the impression that's where this weird ritualistic party is taking place.

"It's a, secret society, all we ask is trust.." << those are legit lyrics, sung by Rihanna.

A couple of curvy women dancing around him, and one in particular that holds a knife over him before dropping it on him.

Next scene cuts to Rihanna dressed in all white, reminiscent of an angelic prostitute or sth. Initially she's talking to the guy in car (also reminiscent to prostitution) and then initiates a fight between he and Kendrick, to which she stands back and laughs about as Kendrick does her dirty work. Is she supposed to be the devil or something? Tempting him to do bad? Or maybe these are the oaths he has to take before "they" can finally accept him with open arms.

Kendrick then stands around with his homies; he's stood center, and everytime one takes a step towards him, they sink into the ground. Anyone that's in the public eye can be considered a leader because they'll always have a following. It's insane when you think about just how many people follow these celebs' actions, and religiously, at that. Sort of seems like he's leading them to a place that isn't that great at all. Kendrick isn't in a rush to help them, either.

This can also be seen happening to both K. Dot and RihRih throughout the video. The more he proves himself to the devil, the further he sinks... with the devil, and the harder it'll be to escape what looks like quicksand. Maybe they're on their way to helll, too.

Moving on.. Kendrick tells Rihanna to "trust him" as she hangs from a building (not unlike Suicide Squad with the Joker and Harley). Telling the devil to trust him, because he's got her (him) no matter what.

A Kendrick dressed in black (with a white shirt), then talks to a Kendrick dressed in white (with a black shirt). He then has his minion go on to kill the Kendrick dressed in white.

...With a plastic bag. While he stands in front of him and watches. Maybe this represents the core personality now being destroyed.

By the end of the video, the final two scenes, Kendrick and Rihanna are filmed doing donuts in their fancy car. A truck then proceeds to crash into them but they end up pretty much unscathed, laughing their heads off while Rihanna sings, "It's so hard to be humble". They seem almost unassailable and no matter what rises up against them, won't defeat them.

Chill, y'all.. I don't claim my interpretation is accurate, just my thoughts after watching the vid and listening to the song (because I do enjoy Kendrick's music). Thoughts, after watching the vid?

Raquel

Established
I guess the scene that he is with rihanna sinking in the sand could be he accepting to be part of the same "society" that Riri do.
And the song its him declaring his loyalty to the "society" and killing the old Kendrick that exposed the industry on Pimp to a butterfly.

Last edited:

williejonesjr

Veteran
The first shot that made me raise a brow (aside from the pup w. red eyes) was the focus on the illuminated Red Cross throughout the streets, while everything else is just dull and grey.

The following scene is Kendrick blindfolded, thus giving me the impression that's where this weird ritualistic party is taking place.

"It's a, secret society, all we ask is trust.." << those are legit lyrics, sung by Rihanna.

A couple of curvy women dancing around him, and one in particular that holds a knife over him before dropping it on him.

Next scene cuts to Rihanna dressed in all white, reminiscent of an angelic prostitute or sth. Initially she's talking to the guy in car (also reminiscent to prostitution) and then initiates a fight between he and Kendrick, to which she stands back and laughs about as Kendrick does her dirty work. Is she supposed to be the devil or something? Tempting him to do bad? Or maybe these are the oaths he has to take before "they" can finally accept him with open arms.

Kendrick then stands around with his homies; he's stood center, and everytime one takes a step towards him, they sink into the ground. Anyone that's in the public eye can be considered a leader because they'll always have a following. It's insane when you think about just how many people follow these celebs' actions, and religiously, at that. Sort of seems like he's leading them to a place that isn't that great at all. Kendrick isn't in a rush to help them, either.

This can also be seen happening to both K. Dot and RihRih throughout the video. The more he proves himself to the devil, the further he sinks... with the devil, and the harder it'll be to escape what looks like quicksand. Maybe they're on their way to helll, too.

Moving on.. Kendrick tells Rihanna to "trust him" as she hangs from a building (not unlike Suicide Squad with the Joker and Harley). Telling the devil to trust him, because he's got her (him) no matter what.

A Kendrick dressed in black (with a white shirt), then talks to a Kendrick dressed in white (with a black shirt). He then has his minion go on to kill the Kendrick dressed in white.

...With a plastic bag. While he stands in front of him and watches. Maybe this represents the core personality now being destroyed.

By the end of the video, the final two scenes, Kendrick and Rihanna are filmed doing donuts in their fancy car. A truck then proceeds to crash into them but they end up pretty much unscathed, laughing their heads off while Rihanna sings, "It's so hard to be humble". They seem almost unassailable and no matter what rises up against them, won't defeat them.

Chill, y'all.. I don't claim my interpretation is accurate, just my thoughts after watching the vid and listening to the song (because I do enjoy Kendrick's music). Thoughts, after watching the vid?

Good translation

EMVIGOCIT37

Rookie
I have notice that also but I couldn't believe it because his anti system vibe but now this music video can confirm this WOW tbh I haven't read through VC's article on pimp a butterfly I didn't find that article until recently but I thought kendricks story with the music industry and what he found was a telling sign that he is not mk ultra

mecca

Superstar
I have notice that also but I couldn't believe it because his anti system vibe but now this music video can confirm this WOW tbh I haven't read through VC's article on pimp a butterfly I didn't find that article until recently but I thought kendricks story with the music industry and what he found was a telling sign that he is not mk ultra
Yeah same...

tanayahenry

Rookie
Same, honestly. I thought he seemed like he had his own brain and wasn't succumbing to the "their" needs. I think his more recent music [videos] are proving otherwise, though. It's a shame.

Same, honestly. I thought he seemed like he had his own brain and wasn't succumbing to the "their" needs. I think his more recent music [videos] are proving otherwise, though. It's a shame.
It just goes to show that you cant be a part of their system and expect to be some kind of light. You either get completely corrupted, or you and your family are threatened to the point that you become their slave. Either way you lose.

Haich

Superstar
It seems they're all anti establishment at first, then realise they can't make it far without the establishment so sell their soul

There are levels and I think most aren't partaking in sacrificial rituals but they're slaves as they're having to abide my contracts. Many complain about the extensive tours and they're virtually pimped out to different outlets in order for their label and managers to make money. I don't see this as 'abuse' because they are willing to sell their freedom and values for money.

People like madonna I have no issue believing drinks the blood of children for breakfast. She's a veteran at this crap.

Let me add on a bit to this analysis.

I think the people crawling towards him in black and sinking into the sand may represent his fans who follow him and end up sinking for him.

At the end he gets circled around by sharks which may represent danger for him as well I think. Since sharks normally represent people who are vicious and ruthless released around him and the people behind him are also scared to help so they back up which could mean he is improsened, unsafe, there is nowhere he can run to which corresponds with the Lyric "no switching sides" cause they are always around him.

The Riri scenes were rather odd, I think she represents the illuminati as he has to continuously showcases her to trust him and be loyal, seeing as she provoked the dude in the car for no reason, and Kendrick beat him, she also hung from the roof and Kendrick held her, however how would Kendrick be the one holding the illuminati.

We'll it could mean he promises to uphold their beliefs and system, and once they fall he will go down with them too.

I did also think that Kendrick sinking in the sand with Riri meant they were both going to hell together out of loyalty.

The strippers dancing at the start seemed like and eyes wide shut theme. And the knife being specifically aimed at his head may mean the splitting of his mind as he ventures on to the scene of him fighting with his vocal self. However there is no "good Kendrick" in the whole music video, we only see the bad Kendrick so maybe he eliminated the last good in him due to him coming back.

The ending scene of the car crash with them laughing could mean 2 things.

1.) Losing control or being lost in life.
2.) Paul Walker being a sacrifice and Riri perhaps laughing with him about it as a sick joke that he might be next if he doesn't remain loyal. Since these cars were both sports cars.

This is just stuff which ran through my mind though.