Katy Perry "Blackface" Shoes

saki

Star
...with the recent "blackface" controversy in Virginia, KP is withdrawing this line of shoes from the market.... no surprise there....
more relevant to a VC post is how her people have worked her KP initials into an all seeing eye logo.... again, no surprise since she steeps herself in illuminist symbology from stem to stern....
I'm kinda surprised that the shoe has both eyes showing.... maybe that would have been over the top? ..... nah.....

1549925144748.png

sailormoon

Established
I’m sorry but to call this “black face” or a symbol of racism is just ridiculous. This is bulls**t media buzz making a deal of nothing. If it were a racist item, then the proportions would not be the same for both color shoes. The only offense here is that this crap costs $130.

Attachments

TempestOfTempo

Superstar
I’m sorry but to call this “black face” or a symbol of racism is just ridiculous. This is bulls**t media buzz making a deal of nothing. If it were a racist item, then the proportions would not be the same for both color shoes. The only offense here is that this crap costs $130.
I dont doubt that the design may have racial intentions..... but I fully concur with your contentions that the price for the product is the true insult here!

TonyVanDam

Established
Speaking for myself, the black shoe looks too much like blackface. The shoe designers should all be terminated from their jobs for creating THAT trash.

As for Katy Perry, excuse me, but that woman has been slipping a lot in recent years for the doing and/or thinking of questionable things.

Xoalienn

Rookie
...with the recent "blackface" controversy in Virginia, KP is withdrawing this line of shoes from the market.... no surprise there....
more relevant to a VC post is how her people have worked her KP initials into an all seeing eye logo.... again, no surprise since she steeps herself in illuminist symbology from stem to stern....
I'm kinda surprised that the shoe has both eyes showing.... maybe that would have been over the top? ..... nah.....

View attachment 19403
I saw her in concert on her last tour and the backdrop screen was a giant all seeing eye.

Dalit

Star
I saw her in concert on her last tour and the backdrop screen was a giant all seeing eye.
It's more about that all seeing eye, in my opinion, although it is just an ugly shoe, but Katy Perry shippers would probably buy it.

elsbet

Superstar
That woman has put her name on the tackiest shoes I've seen, lately. WHO wears shoes with SOCKS attached to them?

As @sailormoon pointed out, they are grossly over-priced, so they show up with what we might call normal shoes for adults. And I cringe every time I see them in a search for 'black heels.'

I seriously doubt that *blackface* ever entered the mind of that shoes creator... it looks like a true cut and paste from someone in the Under 5 set. Under 5 years old, that is. If the shoes were pink or blue, we'd see them only as another fashion tragedy-- which they are. :rolleyes:

Edit: they do come in other colors lol
+1 @sailormoon :)