Kanye's new album 'Jesus is King' is out

Mr.Anderson

Veteran
Still haven't got the chance to check the lyrics, anyone has News or opinions about it?

Got to see the lyrics with comments. Oh, boy, this is hot. At least lyrics-wise it seems that Kanye is really rebelling against the system he was into, but hey, is this for real? Would 'they' let him do it?

Last edited:

babycakes041

I love it.

but if his goal was to really spread the word of God, he might have done himself a disservice because it’s not what his fanbase is used to. I definitely think he could have been more compelling to non-believers by bringing back musical elements from his earlier stuff and Jesus Walks days. If he combined nostalgic musical elements with the lyrical content of finding Jesus, I think he would have hit the nail on the head and probably would have successfully spread the word. The reviews seem really mixed, and it’s not because of the content, but because people think it sounds “boring”.

interesting how leading up to the album release Lady Gaga tweeted “Fame is prison”. I dunno!

Nobody doesn't expect a MK slave to do anything out of the its handler's control, isn't it? He is still married to one of the infamous family.

He might be a false messiah against our "conspiracies". Or they're planning another game to trick the Christians. Maybe he's programmed to die when his mission is done. But he never came to faith. No one here can be so naive.

My first impression is that from a lyrical standpoint it's very strongly Christian, and more Christian than most modern CCM artists. I really don't know how to judge the music itself because I am not a rap/hip hop listener, but the albums music felt incomplete to me on my first listen. There are one or two really strong tracks and just to repeat the lyrical content is very strongly Christian and the message is very clear.

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
My first impression is that from a lyrical standpoint it's very strongly Christian, and more Christian than most modern CCM artists. I really don't know how to judge the music itself because I am not a rap/hip hop listener, but the albums music felt incomplete to me on my first listen. There are one or two really strong tracks and just to repeat the lyrical content is very strongly Christian and the message is very clear.
My impression was similar - I’m not really a Gospel or Hip-Hop type in my taste but from what I have heard of the genre, his new material reminds me quite a bit of Kirk Franklin...

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
Nobody doesn't expect a MK slave to do anything out of the its handler's control, isn't it? He is still married to one of the infamous family.

He might be a false messiah against our "conspiracies". Or they're planning another game to trick the Christians. Maybe he's programmed to die when his mission is done. But he never came to faith. No one here can be so naive.
Acts 9

26And when Saul was come to Jerusalem, he assayed to join himself to the disciples: but they were all afraid of him, and believed not that he was a disciple. 27But Barnabas took him, and brought him to the apostles, and declared unto them how he had seen the Lord in the way, and that he had spoken to him, and how he had preached boldly at Damascus in the name of Jesus.

With this in mind, I have decided not to make my mind up till I hear more from Kanye. I might not have a definite opinion but I prefer his new stuff to the usual money, girls and freemasonry rap fare!

Acts 9

26And when Saul was come to Jerusalem, he assayed to join himself to the disciples: but they were all afraid of him, and believed not that he was a disciple. 27But Barnabas took him, and brought him to the apostles, and declared unto them how he had seen the Lord in the way, and that he had spoken to him, and how he had preached boldly at Damascus in the name of Jesus.

With this in mind, I have decided not to make my mind up till I hear more from Kanye. I might not have a definite opinion but I prefer his new stuff to the usual money, girls and freemasonry rap fare!

15 Some indeed preach Christ even from envy and strife, and some also from goodwill: 16 [c]The former preach Christ from selfish ambition, not sincerely, supposing to add affliction to my chains; 17 but the latter out of love, knowing that I am appointed for the defense of the gospel. 18 What then? Only that in every way, whether in pretense or in truth, Christ is preached; and in this I rejoice, yes, and will rejoice.

Philippians 1:15-18

I am still a little sceptical to be honest.

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
Steven Bancarz highlights some positive signs of a true change from Kanye (video below).

The topic raises some interesting points as, in order to answer it we need to understand what it is to be born again and then look for evidence of that in his life. You can fake religious affiliation but you cannot fake the work of the Holy Spirit in the lives of true Christians.

Steven Bancarz highlights some positive signs of a true change from Kanye (video below).

The topic raises some interesting points as, in order to answer it we need to understand what it is to be born again and then look for evidence of that in his life. You can fake religious affiliation but you cannot fake the work of the Holy Spirit in the lives of true Christians.
I believe it's going to cause some real dialogue to happen in the mainstream culture.

Aero

Superstar
The "Jesus is King" album reviews are mixed. I read some people complaining about the production value. But I don't think it was under-produced. I chalk it up to a lack of experience in the genre. They didn't know how to make this album "slap" or they made it soft on purpose.

I didn't have any expectations of this album per se. I guess I thought it would be more of a crossover type of style. So yeah, this album is not a crossover at all. They tried to go full gospel without shaking the whole "out of their element" type of essence. Overall it seems like a win though.

As far as his personal faith goes, I really don't care. I think our culture might be beyond saving. We need real change, and only the citizens can do it themselves.

babycakes041

This new interview is worth watching. Kanye has been ruthlessly bullied, gaslit, mocked, made out to be this huge clown throughout his career. People eat it all up. In my eyes, and hopefully anyone else who sees the truth, I know that he deserves the utmost respect for standing up for his beliefs and spreading some amazing messages. I continue to pray for him in hopes that he puts the haters on mute and keeps going, because his message is so, so good.

Last edited:

babycakes041

Love Steve Bancarz. He hits the nail on the head (as always, haha)

2019-10-26 11_54_09-Window.png
Madonna is showing verses from the holy books at her concert tours. The backdrop started with one eye sign. (2008-2009)

She cited the prophets in her short film. (2013)
"...Jesus preached this. Muhammad preached this. Buddha preached this. Moses preached this. It’s in every holy book..." source

2019-10-26 11_50_59-Window.png
Did you believe her?

free2018

Star
Still haven't got the chance to check the lyrics, anyone has News or opinions about it?

Got to see the lyrics with comments. Oh, boy, this is hot. At least lyrics-wise it seems that Kanye is really rebelling against the system he was into, but hey, is this for real? Would 'they' let him do it?
I don't know, but I think as art goes so far it's better than 99 percent of the other stuff in rap in '19.

Last edited:

James

Kanye West 'will no longer perform profane versions of old songs live' after release of Jesus Is King
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-7616739/Kanye-West-no-longer-perform-profane-versions-old-songs-live.html
Du-hude!

I think there's really something here. Whatever you want to say about him being an MK slave, Luciferian, whatever; if anyone can break the chains and bring him to Jesus, it's Jesus.

I think this might be the real deal, and what better man than someone with already as much fame as Kanye? If he stops performing his old profanity, it might just invoke the spirit in a lot of people who look up to him.

What if Rothschild were to suddenly come clean? I think it's possible.

The Devil has asked me for my soul many times, he used to come to me daily, I am one of the most talented musicians on the planet. I remember having to say "I will never sell my soul" over and over again, day in and day out as a teenager.

He came to me again last night, even though he doesn't come much anymore. I asked the LORD, is it possible for those who've sold their soul to get it back? He said yes. It is their own disbelief that stops them, as in the case of Slim Shady, for example, who's lyrics say something about "and I can't get it back." or something. The LORD is the LORD, all change can happen through him, no matter how much evil one has spread.

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar