Judy Garland drugged and molested on set of Wizard of oz

Vixy

Star
https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/9775701/judy-garland-wizard-oz-groped-drugged-munchkins/

"THIS weekend marks the 80th anniversary of one of Hollywood's best loved films: The Wizard of Oz.

But the 1939 Technicolor classic has a dark history, which many say led to its legendary leading lady, Judy Garland, becoming a drug addict and taking her own life at the age of 47."

Aged just 10, her pushy stage mum Ethel Gumm cruelly drugged her with stimulants so she would stay awake for 72-hour shoots - and then force fed her sleeping pills to knock her out when they didn't need her.

"They would make Judy’s life miserable on set by putting their hands under her dress.

"The men were 40 or more years old."

So they were 40 year old dwarfs groping a 10 year old a lá Epstein style.

"
And it wasn't just her co-stars who she was sexually abused by.

In a biography it was revealed that teenage starlet was repeatedly propositioned for sex by executives at film studio, MGM."

Cute.. :mad:

Dalit

Star
https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/9775701/judy-garland-wizard-oz-groped-drugged-munchkins/

"THIS weekend marks the 80th anniversary of one of Hollywood's best loved films: The Wizard of Oz.

But the 1939 Technicolor classic has a dark history, which many say led to its legendary leading lady, Judy Garland, becoming a drug addict and taking her own life at the age of 47."

Aged just 10, her pushy stage mum Ethel Gumm cruelly drugged her with stimulants so she would stay awake for 72-hour shoots - and then force fed her sleeping pills to knock her out when they didn't need her.

"They would make Judy’s life miserable on set by putting their hands under her dress.

"

In a biography it was revealed that teenage starlet was repeatedly propositioned for sex by executives at film studio, MGM."

Truly sad, but not surprising. Seems like this happens to all child actors, male and female. Corey Feldman has spoken about Hollywood execs propositioning boys.

Hate that Garland was made to feel ashamed of her body and her weight. Every actress and TV personality is usually at least 20 lbs underweight. Someone 5'6 or 5'7 weighs 125 lbs tops, maybe less. At my age, if I weighed that little, I would look anorexic. Garland was a little woman.

Vixy

Star

Wow..she sounds completely destroyed. :'( Like Britney Spears since she got control over her instagram account. Destroyed.

Stephania

Star
Did you notice in the vids how she also mentions and how much she despises her ex husband Sid Luft, who is mentioned in the article originally posted as an authority on her life and quoted in article? I don't think she would like that. She divorced him accusing him of 'abuse and drunkeness'. And they quote him about her substance abuse from his book in article? Smh.

Last edited:

Stephania

Star
She was going to publish a tell all book on her life right before she died. That's what she's talking about when she's talking about writing.

Stephania

Star

"

I noticed that this article has gone world wide, word for word from The Sun on various news sources now.. it's trending on google. No one ever talks about these tapes though, or her words or feelings :/ let alone.. what happened to the book she was writing?

Aero

Superstar
I don't get how anyone can be that pervy. Nor do I get how can anyone ignore or enable that type of behavior. Idk about any of you, but seeing something like this go down infuriates me. I could never allow my presence to be so corrupted. Maybe that's selfish, but I don't think people care why they are saved.

I'm just wondering why nobody was there to save Judy Garland. Like where have all the heroes gone? More importantly, is it evil to do nothing to save a kid? I think it might be. Plus I think that revenge is a gray area. Like revenge is a force that is no right or wrong, it just exists.

My concluding thought is that karma should be in everyone's risk assessment strategy.

saki

Star
...longer article... full text at link...

Corey Feldman: 'The biggest problem in Hollywood is paedophilia'
Hadley Freeman
The 80s teen star is known for odd, even sleazy behaviour. Is that why his claims about the film industry are not taken seriously?

Corey Feldman: ‘Do I look crazy?’
Corey Feldman: ‘Do I look crazy?’
...excerpt...
According to Feldman, Haim was raped by “a major Hollywood figure” while making the 1986 film Lucas. Reviewing that film, Roger Ebert predicted that Haim would “grow into an important actor. He is that good.” He was, but instead he became a bloated and bankrupt shell of a man, forced in later years to appear on reality TV shows in which he was so out of it he hardly knew where he was. “He made me promise before he died that I would get the truth out,” says Feldman. It would be an understatement to say this has become a crusade for him, much to the dismay of Haim’s mother, Judy, who agrees her son was abused, but says Feldman is exploiting his memory.