Judged by the law and works

phipps

Star
The Bible clearly says, "For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ, that each one may receive the things done in the body, according to what he has done, whether good or bad" (2 Corinthians 5:10).

All will be judged, the righteous and unrighteous alike according to the Bible, "I said in my heart, God shall judge the righteous and the wicked, For there is a time there for every purpose and for every work” (Ecclesiastes 3:17).

Jesus also said, “But I say to you that for every idle word men may speak, they will give account of it in the day of judgment” (Matthew 12:36).

Every detail of life will be reviewed, including secret thoughts and hidden actions (Ecclesiastes 12:14, Matthew 13:30, 41). The judgment will confirm who will be saved and who will be lost.

Last edited:

phipps

Star
Judged by the law.

On top of being judged, the Bible tells us there is going to be a standard that we are judged by. Just like in our earthly courts where we are judged by the law of the land, we are going to be judged by the law of God.

The Bible says:

James 2:10-12, "For whoever shall keep the whole law, and yet stumble in one point, he is guilty of all. For He who said, “Do not commit adultery,” also said, “Do not murder.” Now if you do not commit adultery, but you do murder, you have become a transgressor of the law. So speak and so do as those who will be judged by the law of liberty."

Why will the law be the standard of judgement? Because “Whoever commits sin also commits lawlessness, and sin is lawlessness” (1 John 3:4).

Ecclesiastes 12:13-14, "Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter: Fear God and keep His commandments, For this is man’s all. For God will bring every work into judgment, Including every secret thing, Whether good or evil."

The law of Ten Commandments is the standard of judgment. It is also called the law of liberty because we can only be free of our sinful habits when we follow that law. God has appointed a day for judgment and Jesus Himself will judge using this law:

Acts 17:31, "He has appointed a day on which He will judge the world in righteousness by the Man whom He has ordained. He has given assurance of this to all by raising Him from the dead."

Ecclesiastes 3:17, "I said in my heart, “God shall judge the righteous and the wicked, For there is a time there for every purpose and for every work.”

Our salvation cost Jesus His life, but He offers salvation to us freely if we surrender our sinful natures to Him because He has promised to “take away our sins” (1 John 3:5) and to write His law on our hearts. Thus it is that law we will be judged by, because our works show whether we have been born again (1 John 2:29). “Let no one deceive you” on this point (1 John 3:6-7)! The new birth involves a total, growing change of character, habits, and thinking (2 Corinthians 5:17).

Last edited:

Jimmy Onions

Rookie
I'm only gonna touch you last statement about the new birth.

Change of character, like the corinthians, who were drunkards and whoremongers, but still saved?

You are either saved by imputed righteousness of Christ, which you receive the moment you believe the Gospel, or you die in your own righteousness, which is all as filthy rags before God, and you spend eternity in the lake of fire. Your call.

There are two judgements. One is the bema seat judgement, for believers, and the other is white throne judgement for unbelievers.

phipps

Star
I'm only gonna touch you last statement about the new birth.

Change of character, like the corinthians, who were drunkards and whoremongers, but still saved?

You are either saved by imputed righteousness of Christ, which you receive the moment you believe the Gospel, or you die in your own righteousness, which is all as filthy rags before God, and you spend eternity in the lake of fire. Your call.

There are two judgements. One is the bema seat judgement, for believers, and the other is white throne judgement for unbelievers.
No one is going to be saved while they wilfully sin.

1 Corinthians 6:9-10,
"Do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived. Neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor homosexuals, nor sodomites, nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners will inherit the kingdom of God."

Galatians 5:19-21, "Now the works of the flesh are evident, which are: adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lewdness, idolatry, sorcery, hatred, contentions, jealousies, outbursts of wrath, selfish ambitions, dissensions, heresies, envy, murders, drunkenness, revelries, and the like; of which I tell you beforehand, just as I also told you in time past, that those who practice such things will not inherit the kingdom of God."

Revelation 22:15, "But outside are dogs and sorcerers and sexually immoral and murderers and idolaters, and whoever loves and practices a lie."

No one is going to be saved unless they repent and confess their sins.

Proverbs 28:13,
"He who covers his sins will not prosper, But whoever confesses and forsakes them will have mercy."

Ezekiel 18:21, 32, "But if a wicked man turns from all his sins which he has committed, keeps all My statutes, and does what is lawful and right, he shall surely live; he shall not die." ... "For I have no pleasure in the death of one who dies,” says the Lord God. “Therefore turn and live!”

Acts 3:19, "Repent therefore and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out, so that times of refreshing may come from the presence of the Lord."

1 John 2:1, "My little children, these things I write to you, so that you may not sin. And if anyone sins, we have an Advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous."

If a person is saved and is imputed with Christ's righteousness, they will surrender their wills to Christ just as He surrendered His will to His Father, they will also be obedient and stop sinning completely too. Remember Christ whose righteousness they have did not sin and was completely obedient to the law. We can't do any of it without Christ of course. I think this is something most of the Christians I've encountered here forget or completely reject. The Bible tells us we cannot do any of the things we are asked to do in our own human nature. We need Christ's power, "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me" (Philippians 4:13).

Here are some verses of what will happen to those who were once saved but changed their minds:

Hebrews 10:26-28, "For if we sin willfully after we have received the knowledge of the truth, there no longer remains a sacrifice for sins, but a certain fearful expectation of judgment, and fiery indignation which will devour the adversaries. Anyone who has rejected Moses’ law dies without mercy on the testimony of two or three witnesses."

2 Peter 2:20, "For if, after they have escaped the pollutions of the world through the knowledge of the Lord and Savior Jesus Christ, they are again entangled in them and overcome, the latter end is worse for them than the beginning."

Actually there are three judgements. The one before Jesus comes back the second time that will decide everyone's fate which makes sense because when Christ returns, His reward is with Him (Revelation 22:12), the one that will take place during the 1000 years where the righteous will judge with Christ (Revelation 20:4), then the white throne judgement for the lost (Revelation 20:11-15).

The Bible is clear in these verses and more don't you think? What you've posted is a completely false doctrine and is not biblical at all. Its unfortunate that this is what is being taught in most of Christendom today.

Last edited:

phipps

Star
Judged by works

There is indeed a biblical doctrine of judgment according to works, which goes in hand in hand with the biblical insistence on good works.

Biblically in more than one place the judgment of God is clearly connected with what each of us will have done. God, we are told, will render to every man according to his works. This is clearly the view of Paul in Romans 2:6 who does not hesitate to add that not the hearer but the doer of the law will be justified (verse 13). Peter also tells us, "And if you call on the Father, who without partiality judges according to each one’s work, conduct yourselves throughout the time of your stay here in fear;" (1 Peter 1:17).

The Bible tells us that there are record books in heaven. In these books are our names and deeds/works.

In any judgment you need evidence to determine your verdict. Our works provide evidence of salvation or not.

There are various books of record in heaven. The book of life has the names of those who have accepted Jesus as their Saviour and Advocate. Philippians 4:3, Revelation 13:8, 20:12, 21:27, 22:19.

There are other heavenly books, books that have the deeds/works of the righteous (remembrance book, Malachi 3:16), a book with the names of the unsaved and books including those with the deeds/works of the unsaved (white throne judgement).

Those records play a very important role during the final judgment in the heavenly realm because they will testify of the impartiality of God's judgment. He has established that the faith-commitment of every individual to Him and to His Son are revealed through their works and they will be judged by them. The examination of those records will once and for all unveil before God’s intelligent creatures the justice of God’s judicial decisions and will lead to the extermination of sin and sinners from God’s creation. The examination of the books of deeds will close with a universal anthem in which God and the Lamb will be praised by all creation for their love and justice in all their actions (Revelation 19:1-2).

Last edited:

Jimmy Onions

Rookie
That was very good taking of Bible out of context. I hope that you will trust in Christ apart from your own righteousness and get saved. God bless.

Edit: oh, boy! I have just read your first 2 posts in full.

First of all, Kudos, because, unlike Ray Comfort, you actually admit that you think that we need to keep the OT law.

I don't truly know where to begin. With all due respect, I don't know how people actually come to this type of conclusions.

I usually ignore this type of stuff, but will return tomorrow to share some thoughts. This type of thinking is unbelievable.

Last edited:

phipps

Star
That was very good taking of Bible out of context. I hope that you will trust in Christ apart from your own righteousness and get saved. God bless.
How have I taken the Bible out of context when I've shown you literal scripture that tells us what is going to happen to all sinners including the drunkards and whoremongers you mentioned? How am I taking the Bible out context when it literally says as I've shown you, that we have got to repent and confess our sins? How am I taking the Bible out of context when I've shown you what It says about those who changed their minds about being saved? Remember the Bible is God's message to us that is why I like quoting it directly. I've not taken it out of context and you know that too.

I'm afraid its your false doctrine that takes the Bible out of context. Its misinterpreted God's Word.

Last edited:

phipps

Star
"According to his work"

Revelation 22:11-12, "He who is unjust, let him be unjust still; he who is filthy, let him be filthy still; he who is righteous, let him be righteous still; he who is holy, let him be holy still.” “And behold, I am coming quickly, and My reward is with Me, to give to every one according to his work."

There is a view in Christendom, based on a misunderstanding of the word 'reward', that our works do not determine whether we are saved or lost, but only the nature of the reward that we will receive. This view arose from the Calvinistic 'once saved, always saved' teaching, sometimes known as 'the New Theology.' This view teaches that a single profession of belief in Jesus at some stage in a Christian's life is all that is needed for eternal life. What happens subsequently will never alter your status as a ‘saved’ person, though persistence in sin will affect the nature of the reward that you receive. However, the Greek word ‘misthos’ translated ‘reward’ literally means ‘wages’ and, according to Strong’s Analytical Concordance, can mean both rewards, in the commonly accepted sense, and punishments, according to context.

phipps

Star
@Jimmy Onions

First of all, Kudos, because, unlike Ray Comfort, you actually admit that you think that we need to keep the OT law.
I don't know who Ray Comfort is but according to God's Word, the Ten commandments are not Old Testament law. They are the eternal law that Christ Himself obeyed and clearly said we should obey too.

"For assuredly, I say to you, till heaven and earth pass away, one jot or one tittle will by no means pass from the law till all is fulfilled" (Matthew 5:18).

‘You shall not murder,’ ‘You shall not commit adultery,’ ‘You shall not steal,’ ‘You shall not bear false witness,’ ‘Honor your father and your mother,’ and, ‘You shall love your neighbor as yourself’ (Matthew 19:18-19)

"If you love Me, keep My commandments" (John 14:15).

"He who has My commandments and keeps them, it is he who loves Me. And he who loves Me will be loved by My Father, and I will love him and manifest Myself to him" (John 14:21)

"He who says, “I know Him,” and does not keep His commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him" (1 John 2:4).

Can I ask what law or what commandments do you think these verses are talking about?

Its is this law that we all have to keep and those who do not keep it will die eternally.

“Not everyone who says to Me,‘Lord,Lord,’shall enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father in heaven”
(Matthew 7:21).

“If you want to enter into life, keep the commandments” (Matthew 19:17).

“He became the author of eternal salvation to all who obey Him” (Hebrews 5:9).

The Bible is very clear on this. Salvation and the kingdom of heaven are for those who obey God's commandments. God has never and does not promise eternal life to those who merely make a profession of faith, but rather to those who do His will, which is revealed in Scripture. This kind of obedience is possible only through Christ.

I don't truly know where to begin. With all due respect, I don't know how people actually come to this type of conclusions.
Because the Bible says so as I've clearly quoted.

I usually ignore this type of stuff, but will return tomorrow to share some thoughts. This type of thinking is unbelievable.
Its your type of thinking that is unbelievable even though its sadly shared by a majority of Christians because its not based on the true Word of God but on misinterpreted doctrine by men. The truth is never with the majority biblically and historically.

Last edited:

Lyfe

Star
The law of liberty and law of Christ are not exactly the same as the old testament law. If you understand what they are then you will see we(Christians) will be judged by Christ on how much of our lives were in dedication to serving and ministering to others out of love. Did we visit the orphans and widows in their distress? Did we help and minister to the poor and the needy? Did we labor in pray for others? Did we acctually preach and minister the gospel of Jesus to others? Did we use our talents and capabilities to help those less fortunate? If you read the passages of scripture that mention law of Christ and law of liberty you will see they are in reference to how we served others. These are the examples that Christ set. Look at the parable of the sheep and the goats and the critera given to define the two. Its all about Love. What did we do for Christ after coming to him. Does our love for others(works) prove our faith? This is how we should really be meausring ourselves. Its how Christ will judge us at his judgment seat.

Matthew 25:31-40
King James Version
31 When the Son of man shall come in his glory, and all the holy angels with him, then shall he sit upon the throne of his glory:

32 And before him shall be gathered all nations: and he shall separate them one from another, as a shepherd divideth his sheep from the goats:

33 And he shall set the sheep on his right hand, but the goats on the left.

34 Then shall the King say unto them on his right hand, Come, ye blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world:

35 For I was an hungred, and ye gave me meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me drink: I was a stranger, and ye took me in:

36 Naked, and ye clothed me: I was sick, and ye visited me: I was in prison, and ye came unto me.

37 Then shall the righteous answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, and fed thee? or thirsty, and gave thee drink?

38 When saw we thee a stranger, and took thee in? or naked, and clothed thee?

39 Or when saw we thee sick, or in prison, and came unto thee?

40 And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me.

phipps

Star
The law of liberty and law of Christ are not exactly the same as the old testament law. If you understand what they are then you will see we(Christians) will be judged by Christ on how much of our lives were in dedication to serving and ministering to others out of love. Did we visit the orphans and widows in their distress? Did we help and minister to the poor and the needy? Did we labor in pray for others? Did we acctually preach and minister the gospel of Jesus to others? Did we use our talents and capabilities to help those less fortunate? If you read the passages of scripture that mention law of Christ and law of liberty you will see they are in reference to how we served others. These are the examples that Christ set. Look at the parable of the sheep and the goats and the critera given to define the two. Its all about Love. What did we do for Christ after coming to him. Does our love for others(works) prove our faith? This is how we should really be meausring ourselves. Its how Christ will judge us at his judgment seat.

Matthew 25:31-40
King James Version
31 When the Son of man shall come in his glory, and all the holy angels with him, then shall he sit upon the throne of his glory:

32 And before him shall be gathered all nations: and he shall separate them one from another, as a shepherd divideth his sheep from the goats:

33 And he shall set the sheep on his right hand, but the goats on the left.

34 Then shall the King say unto them on his right hand, Come, ye blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world:

35 For I was an hungred, and ye gave me meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me drink: I was a stranger, and ye took me in:

36 Naked, and ye clothed me: I was sick, and ye visited me: I was in prison, and ye came unto me.

37 Then shall the righteous answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, and fed thee? or thirsty, and gave thee drink?

38 When saw we thee a stranger, and took thee in? or naked, and clothed thee?

39 Or when saw we thee sick, or in prison, and came unto thee?

40 And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me.
The law of liberty is the ten commandment law as given by God to Moses on Mount Sinai that He wrote with His own finger on two tablets of stone. How do I know? Because James wrote about the law of liberty when he said, "If you really fulfill the royal law according to the Scripture, “You shall love your neighbor as yourself,” you do well; but if you show partiality, you commit sin, and are convicted by the law as transgressors. For whoever shall keep the whole law, and yet stumble in one point, he is guilty of all. For He who said, “Do not commit adultery,” also said, “Do not murder.” Now if you do not commit adultery, but you do murder, you have become a transgressor of the law. So speak and so do as those who will be judged by the law of liberty" (James 2:8-12). Isn't it clear beyond a doubt what law James is talking about? And its the very same law he is referring to as the law of liberty.

Again, the Bible does not harmonise with your doctrine. Let me show you how the verses you posted harmonise with what James wrote above and what Christ said about the law.

If someone was hungry and you fed them, if they were thirsty and you gave them something to drink, you gave a homeless stranger shelter, clothed those who were naked, visited the prisoners etc, that is love for your neighbour. Do you remember how Jesus summarised the ten commandments? "You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your mind.’ This is the first and great commandment. And the second is like it: ‘You shall love your neighbor as yourself.’ On these two commandments hang all the Law and the Prophets” (Matthew 22:37-40). As I explained to someone else in my other thread, the ten commandments hang from these two commands. The first four commandments are about our relationship with God and the other six are about our relationships with our neighbours.

It is this law that Jesus spoke of when He said:

“Do not think that I came to destroy the Law. … I did not come to destroy but to fulfill. … Till heaven and earth pass away, one jot or one tittle will by no means pass from the law till all is fulfilled” (Matthew 5:17-18).

“It is easier for heaven and earth to pass away than for one tittle of the law to fail” (Luke 16:17).

It is this law that Christ obeyed and He commands us to keep/obey as I posted in the verses above in my previous post.

Lyfe

Star
Christs entire life and ministry was spent serving others out of love as an example. He expounded upon the law and demonstrated what it looks like in practice. Most people think so long as they dont lie, steal, covet their neighbors possesions, or commit adultery they are adhering to the standard of the law , yet you can still do all these things and miss the entire point of it along with Christs example. Christ gave us an example of what loving God and our neighbor acctually looked like. If we dont realize that living a life of sacrificial love was the true standard and example we are to follow then we miss the entire point of the law. Most people see the law from a legalistic or religious standpoint and dont spend any of their time acctually dedicated to serving and doing good to others. They think cause they dont lie, steal, commit adultery, and etc they are upholding the law, yet this still doesnt convey Christs mission or his example or his life. It was all about serving others and doing good deeds that glorified God.

This was the entire point of the law as expounded upon by Christ. I spoke to a Christian lady not that long ago and she spoke to me about obediance cause I wasnt going to a church at the time. I then asked her if she was witnessing Jesus and preaching the gospel. She then got all defensive and conceded that she wasnt. How many Christians are there that live this way and dont do anything for anyone? They wont even spend an hour or two in prayer for others. I am not judging anyone, but I am persuaded that Christ is going to be judging us according to the example he set. He will judge us by more than whether or not we didnt lie, steal, commit adultery and etc. He will judge us for how much of our life was dedicated to others and what we did for others and the world in his name. Are we being a witness for Jesus? Are we helping and reaching out to the poor and needy? Are we bearing eachothers burdens? Do we regard snd comfort the widow, the fatherless, the oppressed? Do we pray for the world? These are all Jesus examples and things he did. He expounded upon the law and demonstrated what loving God and our neighbor looks like. These are the standards that we should be judging ourselves by.

phipps

Star
Christs entire life and ministry was spent serving others out of love as an example. He expounded upon the law and demonstrated what it looks like in practice. Most people think so long as they dont lie, steal, covet their neighbors possesions, or commit adultery they are adhering to the standard of the law , yet you can still do all these things and miss the entire point of it along with Christs example. Christ gave us an example of what loving God and our neighbor acctually looked like. If we dont realize that living a life of sacrificial love was the true standard and example we are to follow then we miss the entire point of the law. Most people see the law from a legalistic or religious standpoint and dont spend any of their time acctually dedicated to serving and doing good to others. They think cause they dont lie, steal, commit adultery, and etc they are upholding the law, yet this still doesnt convey Christs mission or his example or his life. It was all about serving others and doing good deeds that glorified God.

This was the entire point of the law as expounded upon by Christ. I spoke to a Christian lady not that long ago and she spoke to me about obediance cause I wasnt going to a church at the time. I then asked her if she was witnessing Jesus and preaching the gospel. She then got all defensive and conceded that she wasnt. How many Christians are there that live this way and dont do anything for anyone? They wont even spend an hour or two in prayer for others. I am not judging anyone, but I am persuaded that Christ is going to be judging us according to the example he set. He will judge us by more than whether or not we didnt lie, steal, commit adultery and etc. He will judge us for how much of our life was dedicated to others and what we did for others and the world in his name. Are we being a witness for Jesus? Are we helping and reaching out to the poor and needy? Are we bearing eachothers burdens? Do we regard snd comfort the widow, the fatherless, the oppressed? Do we pray for the world? These are all Jesus examples and things he did. He expounded upon the law and demonstrated what loving God and our neighbor looks like. These are the standards that we should be judging ourselves by.
I have shown you the clear Word of the Bible, and yet you continue to argue against it. You reject entire scripture that doesn't go hand in hand with your doctrine so there is nothing more for me to say to you but to leave the rest to God. I hope and pray you accept these truth about God that are very clear and the Holy Spirit help you and us all to discern between true biblical doctrine and man made doctrine and tradition.

Last edited:

phipps

Star
‘That your sins may be blotted out’

How may those sins we have committed not be held against us in the time of judgement?

Acts 3:19, "Repent therefore and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out, so that times of refreshing may come from the presence of the Lord."

The Bible clearly says like the above verse that all who have truly repented of sin, and by faith claimed the blood of Christ as their atoning sacrifice, have been pardoned and its been written next to their names in the books of heaven; as they have become partakers of the righteousness of Christ, and their characters are found to be in harmony with the law of God, their sins will be blotted out, and they themselves will be accounted worthy of eternal life.

Lyfe

Star
I have shown you the clear Word of the Bible, and yet you continue to argue against it. You reject entire scripture that doesn't go hand in hand with your doctrine so there is nothing more for me to say to you but to leave the rest to God. I hope and pray you accept these truth about God that are very clear and the Holy Spirit help you and us all to discern between true biblical doctrine and man made doctrine and tradition.
Nothing I said to you there was contrary to doctrine. I keep saying that love is the fulfilling of the law and I only gave examples to what it looks like in actual practice. Christ only ever demonstrated what the law looks like in practice, did he not? If you measured how much of your life looks like his(in service to others) and considered how much of your time is acctually spent on others you would see what I mean. This is how you should be measuring yourself. His life is what true obediance to the law looks like yet most will just be concenred with not lying, stealing, commit adultery, and etc. This is the letter of the law and it still doesnt even begin to convey the life and mission of Christ and how we are called to be servants of others.

You will be judged for how much of your time was dedicated to ministering to others and seeking their good. This is what love in practice looks like as demonstrated by Christ. To suggest anything else is failure to grasp the law. You should measure your life in comparison to Christs life since he is the fulfillment of the law and what it acctually looks like when properly obeyed. How much of your time is acctually dedicated to others and doing things for them? These are going to be the things you are judged and rewarded by. Allot of people will keep dietary restrictions, the sabbath, feasts, wont lie, steal, commit adultery and meet all the checklists yet live very self centered lives and still completely fail to understand the law. Christ and his life of service to others is how we should really be meausring ourselves. He is the standard. He is the reality and fulfillment of what the law always pointed to. The reality has come and you still point to the law. It was merely a schoolmaster until Christ who is the reality. He is the real teacher.

N e ways I will let you have your threads from now on. Be well, phipps.

Jimmy Onions

Rookie
Nothing I said to you there was contrary to doctrine. I keep saying that love is the fulfilling of the law and I only gave examples to what it looks like in actual practice. Christ only ever demonstrated what the law looks like in practice, did he not? If you measured how much of your life looks like his(in service to others) and considered how much of your time is acctually spent on others you would see what I mean. This is how you should be measuring yourself. His life is what true obediance to the law looks like yet most will just be concenred with not lying, stealing, commit adultery, and etc. This is the letter of the law and it still doesnt even begin to convey the life and mission of Christ and how we are called to be servants of others.

You will be judged for how much of your time was dedicated to ministering to others and seeking their good. This is what love in practice looks like as demonstrated by Christ. To suggest anything else is failure to grasp the law. You should measure your life in comparison to Christs life since he is the fulfillment of the law and what it acctually looks like when properly obeyed. How much of your time is acctually dedicated to others and doing things for them? These are going to be the things you are judged and rewarded by. Allot of people will keep dietary restrictions, the sabbath, feasts, wont lie, steal, commit adultery and meet all the checklists yet live very self centered lives and still completely fail to understand the law. Christ and his life of service to others is how we should really be meausring ourselves. He is the standard. He is the reality and fulfillment of what the law always pointed to. The reality has come and you still point to the law. It was merely a schoolmaster until Christ who is the reality. He is the real teacher.

N e ways I will let you have your threads from now on. Be well, phipps.
Why do you even bother, bro?

"If you truly repented of your sins...."

Surely this guy did. Unlike us.

When someone defines repentance as turning from sin, that's all I need to hear. Complete misunderstanding of Christianity in general.

Dear phipps, if you're truly seeking, read this. I hope that God will open your eyes. God bless!

Last edited:

Maldarker

Star
Why do you even bother, bro?

"If you truly repented of your sins...."

Surely this guy did. Unlike us.

When someone defines repentance as turning from sin, that's all I need to hear. Complete misunderstanding of Christianity in general.

Dear phipps, if you're truly seeking, read this. I hope that God will open your eyes. God bless!

He's not. He wants the yoke of the law around his neck. It could be as easy as the bronze serpent of Moses's say look at it to be saved & he would have stipulations on its not lifted high enough...its not bronze enough etc.

Last edited:
He's not. He wants the yoke of the law around his neck.
Please explain... I see this debate on here constantly and people negating what @phipps is stating. Reading through this thread, I'm also reminded that he's not American, which may explain why he has a different, albeit, healthier perspective on "faith vs. works" and why the US is in the condition it is today.

Maldarker

Star
Please explain... I see this debate on here constantly and people negating what @phipps is stating. Reading through this thread, I'm also reminded that he's not American, which may explain why he has a different, albeit, healthier perspective on "faith vs. works" and why the US is in the condition it is today.
Do u understand the Moses story stated earlier in the thread?