Jordan Peterson is getting bashed left and right

Helioform

Star
There have been numerous newspaper articles recently basically ridiculing him. I used to like some of his ideas but what I have learned recently made me completely dislike the man. The fact that he seems to excuse the incel person who killed 10 people with his claim that he was just "angry at God for not having a woman" made me raise an eyebrow or 2. Also his view that monogamy should be enforced so that men do not become violent psychopaths is really so retarded and so unfactual that I am wondering how he got to that point. But what is even more retarded is the amount of energy being spent by his blind followers to try and support his statements. Why is this man really that popular I really wonder. He is trending everywhere on social media and sold a million copies of his last book in 4 months.

The "saviour of Western civilization"? I really don't think so, the guy is dangerous. He is using the same tactics that he accuses the left of using. He is using demagogue tactics against those he views as enemies, while accusing them of using those same tactics. He has become an intellectual fraud whose success has got to his head big time.

Here is one of those many articles:

https://www.macleans.ca/opinion/the-context-of-jordan-petersons-thoughts-on-enforced-monogamy/amp/

mecca

Superstar
Yeah he's sexist... I'm surprised that people are just now realizing this. Any time someone calls out the things he says or has any criticism of his viewpoints he claims that they are taking him out of context. His fans worship him like he knows everything and they follow everything he says even though most of it is obviously crap or straight up racist and sexist. Even the small bit of remotely decent advice he gives can just be found in any generic self help book.

He actually said that women should be forced to marry incels, I don't see how anyone can take him seriously as an "intellectual".

Last edited:

Helioform

Star
, I don't see how anyone can take him seriously as an "intellectual".
Well he is a clinical psychologist who has taught at Harvard for a year and claims to have an IQ of 150+. I think he should stick to what he knows only, which is psychology and not politics. He is trying to have an answer to everything by making correlations between things that have 0 correlation between them.

Aero

Superstar
Peterson is putting out a brand of personality, not psychology.

Psychology is not a hot button issue, and a lot of people just don't like Jordan Peterson's personality. That's why he seems so twisted up like a pretzel. I don't think he's dangerous, but he's not someone I would take life advice from. Good psychology doesn't involve picking sides and placing blame.

In my worldview the very idea of consciousness is represented by "ego". Therefore promoting yourself, and your psychology is always going to be a challenge. Ego would have to be the centerpiece of your teachings, and also the thing your personality has to utilize properly. So taking a beating on social media would be inevitable.

People on social media don't want to hear about the fact that they aren't woke. And are in fact dead asleep.

justjess

Superstar
Well he is a clinical psychologist who has taught at Harvard for a year and claims to have an IQ of 150+. I think he should stick to what he knows only, which is psychology and not politics. He is trying to have an answer to everything by making correlations between things that have 0 correlation between them.
Degrees, iq scores and elite affiliations don’t insulate from being a pompous prejudiced dick. They actually probably do the opposite.