Join the financial revolution

I was waiting for them to call this scenario anti-semetic. It was almost like they didn't quite want to because that would be to admit that the people at the top of the hedge funds who scam the economy for their day job are Jewish. it reminds me of when they said the goblins in harry potter were anti-semetic.

manama

Star
Its not about making money for the redditors, anyone who thinks its a stupid pump and dump scheme is wayyyy out of touch. This is something that started as a joke but is now personal. People don't care if they lose money, they are just trying to fuck over hedge funds at this point. This is poor vs rich now and it is amazing.

The Zone

Star
What concerns me is that the media is all up in the narrative now making me think this will lead to further restrictions and possibly a reset on the stock market. There is more at play here than David vs Goliath IMHO. I am all for it but skeptical that they might be somehow setting a larger trap where they destroy newbie investors making them stay off the playing field. I have been seriously looking into investing some funds as I educate myself to a more comfortable place. A lot of scams will come out of this, so beware of that.

DavidSon

Star
Sorry for spamming, but this story is a gold mine.

Spam away, this battle on Wall Street is a big deal. I've been having a blast following along at WSB, reading analysis and checking for comments here. I had thought today was a deadline of sorts but then read the squeeze could go onto next week.

What concerns me is that the media is all up in the narrative now making me think this will lead to further restrictions and possibly a reset on the stock market. There is more at play here than David vs Goliath IMHO. I am all for it but skeptical that they might be somehow setting a larger trap where they destroy newbie investors making them stay off the playing field. I have been seriously looking into investing some funds as I educate myself to a more comfortable place. A lot of scams will come out of this, so beware of that.
Yes I listened to a day-trader Greg Mannarino this morning and he thinks sadly the disruption from retail traders will bring about some type of legislation (sold as protection for the market) that inevitably makes it more difficult for small fish to swim in the pond. He says they're already not free-markets but more regulation would put a nail in the coffin for independent investors.

Aero

Superstar
Robinhood can not pay or refuse to let you sell your stocks. They are even selling stocks people didn't want to sell. Of course, it's all their own fault. They could have put buy limits on all those stocks days ago. They didn't because their whole business model consists of people buying stocks.