Joel Osteen and Kanye West | Manifesting the Spirit of AntiChrist

So you think that people watching Kanye will come to know Jesus? Won’t they just be fooled like Kanye is?
It's a futile exercise to estimate how many exactly will come to Christianity, but whatever opinion you have on Kanye or his Christian denomination, Christianity is receiving promotion from someone who reaches a large audience, from somewhere there was previously none but subversive antichristian subliminals. I think this is an improvement.

Lisa

Superstar
It's a futile exercise to estimate how many exactly will come to Christianity, but whatever opinion you have on Kanye or his Christian denomination, Christianity is receiving promotion from someone who reaches a large audience, from somewhere there was previously none but subversive antichristian subliminals. I think this is an improvement.
I guess that depends on the type of ‘christianity’ preached.

The type of Christianity in this instance isn't very relevant in my opinion. More relevant is the fact that Christianity becomes mainstream, and possibly "hip", where it used to be dead and buried.

Lisa

Superstar
The type of Christianity in this instance isn't very relevant in my opinion. More relevant is the fact that Christianity becomes mainstream, and possibly "hip", where it used to be dead and buried.
The type of Christianity preached is very relevant...there is only one way to God the Father and that is through Jesus. Jesus is never going to be hip..He died for our sins after all.

The type of Christianity preached is very relevant...there is only one way to God the Father and that is through Jesus. Jesus is never going to be hip..He died for our sins after all.
When the debate becomes theological or philosophical, its relevance increases. But when it's about opening the door to Christ, it's better than keeping the door shut.

Lisa

Superstar
But when it's about opening the door to Christ, it's better than keeping the door shut.
Idk about that...the truth matters. Think of all those catholics that think they know Jesus and are looking to the pope, the church and the traditions inside the church to save them..those things aren’t going to help them at all. And..the big thing is you can’t tell them any differently..they won’t believe you because their whole family has been and is catholic. One lady I talked to said ”Can 25,000 churches be wrong?” so I would say that preaching the actual Good News is important.

I would think it would make you wary to find the truth
Yes, wariness is good. But the Church isn't there to impose truth on you. The Diocese administers the congregation, it's the shepherd that herds the flock. On a personal level though, it only serves as a guidance for those who seek it. Preaching is more of an Evangelical thing.

after all its the truth that sets you free.
True. I think most people, religious or not, have an inherent yearning for Truth with a capital T. And even though some search together, some alone, and other search in groups or follow the herd, eventually we all have to make the journey ourselves, big Church or little prayer by the bedside.

Lisa

Superstar
True. I think most people, religious or not, have an inherent yearning for Truth with a capital T. And even though some search together, some alone, and other search in groups or follow the herd, eventually we all have to make the journey ourselves, big Church or little prayer by the bedside.
I don’t know that people actually have a yearning for the truth. They might think they do..but with the hearts we have..
Jeremiah‬ ‭17:9‬ ‭
The heart is more deceitful than all else And is desperately sick; Who can understand it?​
‭‭
I think this is more what happens...
‭‭2 Timothy‬ ‭4:3‬ ‭
For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but wanting to have their ears tickled, they will accumulate for themselves teachers in accordance to their own desires.​

Karlysymon

Superstar
Honestly, as soon as it hit the news he was going to that church...I could say he was a fake..I was pretty sure before but, I didn’t want to seem dismissive to the Holy Spirit’s work in a person’s heart..but this just seals it for me.
Sometimes someone can be genuine in the choice of their beliefs and still end up in the wrong place for reasons best known to themselves and God (just ask @Dalit about how or why she ended up in NAR and eventually left). Were you expecting Kanye to drive up to your small town church every Sunday? Celebrities always end up in places like these. Remember Rev. Jeremiah Wright and his celeb congregants? If it hadn’t been Osteen, he’d probably have gone to Hillsong or Paula White’s or any other pastor that attracts that segment of society.

Why would he fake this? To what end, unless Osteen brought him on to draw more crowds??

Lisa

Superstar
Sometimes someone can be genuine in the choice of their beliefs and still end up in the wrong place for reasons best known to themselves and God (just ask @Dalit about how or why she ended up in NAR and eventually left). Were you expecting Kanye to drive up to your small town church every Sunday? Celebrities always end up in places like these. Remember Rev. Jeremiah Wright and his celeb congregants? If it hadn’t been Osteen, he’d probably have gone to Hillsong or Paula White’s or any other pastor that attracts that segment of society.

Why would he fake this? To what end, unless Osteen brought him on to draw more crowds??
I think of this...

‭‭2 Timothy‬ ‭4:3-4‬ ‭
For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but wanting to have their ears tickled, they will accumulate for themselves teachers in accordance to their own desires, and will turn away their ears from the truth and will turn aside to myths.​