Jesus, James or Paul?

TokiEl

Superstar
Nothing like having someone else interpret the Scriptures. For if in the end it does not turn out so well... one can just point at him.

That's the idiot right there.

No i'm not saying Daciple or anybody else for that matter are idiots... but in the end you might say it.

You know what i'm saying ?

TokiEl

Superstar
That question ties into one of my favourite OT passages from Joshua 5:-

"13And it came to pass, when Joshua was by Jericho, that he lifted up his eyes and looked, and, behold, there stood a man over against him with his sword drawn in his hand: and Joshua went unto him, and said unto him, Art thou for us, or for our adversaries? 14And he said, Nay; but as captain of the host of the LORD am I now come. And Joshua fell on his face to the earth, and did worship, and said unto him, What saith my lord unto his servant? 15And the captain of the LORD'S host said unto Joshua, Loose thy shoe from off thy foot; for the place whereon thou standest is holy. And Joshua did so."

I think when we meet the Captain of the Lord's armies for ourselves, that encounter gives us the true perspective on the real victor.
Well i don't know about that. All i know is i'm winning. L0L

Serveto

Star
Oh really ? that bad ? :)
by the sleight of men, and cunning craftiness, whereby they lie in wait to deceive;
Yes. For some, reading St. Paul is like being in a windstorm. "Babes" often get tossed to and fro by his windy and aery ambiguities, but I took care, by quoting him only in part, to not ascribe cunning craftiness or deception to the man.:)

Last edited:

Vytas

Star
You was that guy who thought unrepentant habitual adulterers would be welcomed with open arms into the Kingdom of God.

Who's the true troll ?
I never said that, even if i did doesn't change the fact that either me or Serveto is right about you, i would be happier if it's me.

Vytas

Star
Yes. For some, reading St. Paul is like being in a windstorm. Us "babes" often get tossed to and fro by his windy and aery ambiguities, but I took care, by quoting him only in part, to not ascribe cunning craftiness or deception to the man.:)
Yeah speaking of Paul :p ( posting purely in hope it piss of somebody )
The natural man does not accept the things that come from the Spirit of God. For they are foolishness to him, and he cannot understand them, because they are spiritually discerned.

Todd

Star
The natural man does not accept the things that come from the Spirit of God. For they are foolishness to him, and he cannot understand them, because they are spiritually discerned.
It's one thing to not be concerned if "truth" pisses someone off. It's another thing to hope that "truth" pisses somebody off. I missed the verse where Jesus said we should hope to piss people off.....;)

Last edited:

Vytas

Star
It's one thing to not be concerned if "truth" pisses someone off. It's another thing to hope that "truth" pisses somebody off. I missed the verse where Jesus said we should hope to piss people off.....;)
perhaps you should stop doing it then ;)

Serveto

Star
Well, more than half the time, and leaving the "natural" man aside, it seems the "spiritual" men and women don't understand St. Paul either :).

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
Well, more than half the time, and leaving the "natural" man aside, it seems the "spiritual" men and women don't understand St. Paul either :).
I suspect that the thick fog of misinformation and conjecture makes Paul a hard figure for some people to see! I like Paul and enjoy passing a gym workout listening to an epistle or two!

Vytas

Star
Those who i consider spiritual, understand him well, but yes without help it's one tough cookie...do you have something particular in mind or it's same old ?

Todd

Star
I find just about everything that Jesus actually taught in the flesh, while not necessarily easy to follow or live without God's help, is pretty straightforward to understand.

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
I like him too, and consider him brilliant, without doubt spiritually insightful, and a master of ambiguity. It might be related to why a sizable percentage of @TokiEl's "likes" were given by me, but I even like that personality trait in St. Paul which one of his chief detractors and critics, Nietzsche, described as that "rabbinic impudence which distinguishes him in all things."
I find it interesting that the "Writer to the
Hebrews
" may well have been Paul. As his writing is based on prior knowledge of scripture, much error of interpretation comes from people reading this book without understanding of the history it draws it's examples and imagery from.

If Paul were a forum member, I suspect his avatar may look like the one below:-

f56d70b5b08f0a542d3089dbd00d63c6.jpg