Jesus, James or Paul?

TokiEl

Superstar
Never by deceit. The Gospel is pure, and so should the preacher giving the Gospel.
Also with the sword.

As the Gospel was also forcefully served to tribes and nations... not only for their own good but for their hope of salvation.

Tribal leaders who refused the Gospel were cut down with the sword so as to save their people.

Also with the sword.

As the Gospel was also forcefully served to tribes and nations... not only for their own good but for their hope of salvation.

Tribal leaders who refused the Gospel were cut down with the sword so as to save their people.
This why Christianity is viewed as evil by anyone with a brain and a conscience.

For their own good, get real man. This is also European-Supremacy.

Last edited:

TokiEl

Superstar
This why Christianity is viewed as evil by anyone with a brain and a conscience.

For there own good, get real man. This is also European-Supremacy.
The most important thing was to spread the Gospel throughout the world... so people would stop serving their gods with sins... and instead got a shot at salvation. True some eggs cracked making this omelete so to speak... but salvation is worth that.

The most important thing was to spread the Gospel throughout the world... so people would stop serving their gods with sins... and instead got a shot at salvation. True some eggs cracked making this omelete so to speak... but salvation is worth that.
so might makes right, and the ends justify the means?? sounds like Satanism to me, but whatever. Please just don't hurt anyone.

TokiEl

Superstar
so might makes right, and the ends justify the means?? sounds like Satanism to me, but whatever. Please just don't hurt anyone.
If tribal leaders reject the medicine which would save their people for generations... what would you do with those tribal leaders ?

Also with the sword.

And what, you think that was acceptable? It wasn't. That was an RCC tactic and Muslims do the same with their religion.

TokiEl

Superstar
And what, you think that was acceptable? It wasn't. That was an RCC tactic and Muslims do the same with their religion.
It was absolutely acceptable to spread the soul saving knowledge of Jesus Christ with the sword... when that tribe leadership rejected Him because of arrogance or ignorance... in order to save the souls of their people.

It was absolutely acceptable to spread the soul saving knowledge of Jesus Christ with the sword... when that tribe leadership rejected Him because of arrogance or ignorance... in order to save the souls of their people.

Ok Lieutenant Calley

TokiEl

Superstar
Ok Lieutenant Calley
You live on a planet where wars have been waged since the beginning... but got a problem with Christians in war ?

No i'm not saying Vietnam was a Christian war for spreading the saving knowledge of Jesus Christ... it was to stop the spread of Communism in the cold war between the world's only two superpowers.

Don't be disingenuous.

If you had a heart you would crack the skulls of those who refused out of ignorance in order to save the rest.
OR, ya know, you could find another way to deliver it instead of looking for an excuse to be violent
*shrug*

TokiEl

Superstar
OR, ya know, you could find another way to deliver it instead of looking for an excuse to be violent
*shrug*
So Christendom has certainly used the sword to not only defend against enemies but also on the offensive in order to convert people to Christendom.

There is a war between Jesus Christ and His followers and the many masks of the Devil and his followers.

God said the Gospel would go out to the whole world... and sometimes the saving knowledge of Jesus Christ came with a sword.

JoChris

Superstar
I'm not involved in the works/faith dispute. As Red Sky said, both aspects are part of the journey- simple. You're the one reading too much into chapter 8, or maybe too little. Kind of sad you're choosing to translate Word to "saying". There wasn't a book floating around in the beginning; a way to think of his word is as consciousness or universal intelligence. God's word is more than a saying.

In chapter 8, at the temple, Jesus is preaching forgiveness, God as the true father, his own divinity, works, faith... all together. He's also illuminating the notion of the Word. The central message Jesus conveys is about his connection to God, that he is the son. His way of thinking is of God, not men. He's sparkling with wisdom. He rebukes the Pharisees from different angles. In each section of dialogue he's saying nearly the same thing within different idioms (much like his teaching as a whole). Chapter 8 is about hearing the Word, reminding us that if we can hear "it", God is in us.

37 "I know that you are Abraham's descendants, but you seek to kill Me because My word has no place in you.

43 "Why do you not understand My speech? Because you are not able to listen to My word.

47 "He who is of God hears God's words; therefore you do not hear, because you are not of God."

Returning to the original post: Christians follow God and Christ, all the Fathers, Mothers , saints, judges, prophets, apostles, preachers, etc. Paul and the theologians are only among the witness's... they're not superior to HIM. Faith has made us whole, not the logic of men.
On itablet.
I did not put God's words down to mere sayings. Please do not make assumptions like that. I hold this position. https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=2+Timothy+3:16-17&version=KJV

I agree with a lot of what you are saying but you consistently make me think that you "can't see the wood for the trees".
Who do YOU say Jesus is?

JoChris

Superstar
So Christendom has certainly used the sword to not only defend against enemies but also on the offensive in order to convert people to Christendom.

There is a war between Jesus Christ and His followers and the many masks of the Devil and his followers.

God said the Gospel would go out to the whole world... and sometimes the saving knowledge of Jesus Christ came with a sword.
Can you give any examples - with website links for objective evidence- where any variety of non-Catholic missionaries went out into the world, to foreign lands, where the only intention was to preach the Gospel, make disciples of Christ et.al.....

...and they then killed those who would NOT believe?

TokiEl

Superstar
Can you give any examples - with website links for objective evidence- where any variety of non-Catholic missionaries went out into the world, to foreign lands, where the only intention was to preach the Gospel, make disciples of Christ et.al.....

...and they then killed those who would NOT believe?
No I'm talking about the Christian colonisation of non Christian nations.

JoChris

Superstar

For their own good, get real man. This is also European-Supremacy.
Do you acknowledge that there is a difference between Christianity and Christians who are people (and therefore get a lot wrong)?
Do you acknowledge there is a difference between real Christians and Christians-in-name only?

p.s. I am anti-war unless absolutely necessary. Religious wars and Christianity should be incompatible.

JoChris

Superstar
No I'm talking about the Christian colonisation of non Christian nations.
Then are you referring to white culture dressed in traditional Judeo-Christian value system society garb?

Some had pure motives. Others misused the name of Christ to justify personal sins and the oppression of natives. It is important to not confuse the two.

Do you acknowledge that there is a difference between Christianity and Christians who are people (and therefore get a lot wrong)?
Do you acknowledge there is a difference between real Christians and Christians-in-name only?

p.s. I am anti-war unless absolutely necessary. Religious wars and Christianity should be incompatible.
Yes of course. Quakers as a “sect” have historically understood this question. However as a whole, since Christianity became a world power in the 3rd century it’s largely been a tool for war, slavery, and colonialism.

Todd

Star

The “Christians in name only” are the product of “Christianity.” You can’t separate the two.

Real Christians are the product of God’s spirit transforming individuals lives who are the body of Christ. You can find the body of Christ within Christianity but the whole of Christianity is not the body of Christ.