Jesus didn't claim to be God

DavidSon

Star
John 14:5-10 King James Version (KJV)

5 Thomas saith unto him, Lord, we know not whither thou goest; and how can we know the way?
6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.
7 If ye had known me, ye should have known my Father also: and from henceforth ye know him, and have seen him.
8 Philip saith unto him, Lord, show us the Father, and it sufficeth us.
9 Jesus saith unto him, Have I been so long time with you, and yet hast thou not known me, Philip? he that hath seen me hath seen the Father; and how sayest thou then, Show us the Father?
10 Believest thou not that I am in the Father, and the Father in me? the words that I speak unto you I speak not of myself: but the Father that dwelleth in me, he doeth the works.
This is further proof of Jesus acknowledging the Holy One. The Father dwells in Him. You can't love the Father but hate the Son etc., same reasoning. As @bible_student is showing there are many more verses where Jesus is clearly pointing us to the Almighty.

"And Jesus said unto him, Why callest thou me good? none is good, save one, that is, God."- LUKE 18:19

"But be not ye called Rabbi: for one is your Master, even Christ; and all ye are brethren.
And call no man your father upon the earth: for one is your Father, which is in heaven.
Neither be ye called masters: for one is your Master, even Christ.
But he that is greatest among you shall be your servant.
And whosoever shall exalt himself shall be abased; and he that shall humble himself shall be exalted." -MATT 23:8-12

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
This is further proof of Jesus acknowledging the Holy One. The Father dwells in Him. You can't love the Father but hate the Son etc., same reasoning. As @bible_student is showing there are many more verses where Jesus is clearly pointing us to the Almighty.

"And Jesus said unto him, Why callest thou me good? none is good, save one, that is, God."- LUKE 18:19

"But be not ye called Rabbi: for one is your Master, even Christ; and all ye are brethren.
And call no man your father upon the earth: for one is your Father, which is in heaven.
And whosoever shall exalt himself shall be abased; and he that shall humble himself shall be exalted." -MATT 23:8-12
In some ways, the words you quote go right to the heart of it. Jesus was good. Even with the information we have recorded it is clear that he presents a white hot standard of goodness that no mere human would have attained to.

Jesus was also humble, accepting the ultimate humiliation of being stripped and crucified between thieves while the crowd stood by and mocked.

He could have shown his power but as the earlier verses of Isaiah 42 show, he came in humility, His glory veiled.

Perhaps the greatest goodness and the humblest service of all were both shown by Jesus. In response to the OP, actions speak louder than words.

Have you ever read a text and misunderstood the tone of a comment? This quote has been much abused by Muslims:-

Given Jesus's obvious goodness, can you see that this statement is actually intended to prompt the question inherent in it. Jesus was the perfect Passover Lamb. Even the thief on the cross realised this:-

Luke 22

39And one of the malefactors which were hanged railed on him, saying, If thou be Christ, save thyself and us. 40But the other answering rebuked him, saying, Dost not thou fear God, seeing thou art in the same condemnation? 41And we indeed justly; for we receive the due reward of our deeds: but this man hath done nothing amiss. 42And he said unto Jesus, Lord, remember me when thou comest into thy kingdom. 43And Jesus said unto him, Verily I say unto thee, To day shalt thou be with me in paradise.

Lisa

Superstar
I know, but I took the opportunity/liberty to quickly interject that thought before continuing to quote the rest of what you said. :)
That’s so disingenuous...:confused: I did not agree with you!

Yes, these bodies we have are wonderfully made, yet at the same time, when compared to the real you (your soul) then the body is worthless. Jesus made this comparison:

John 6:63 It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the Words (Truth) that I speak unto you, [they] are spirit, and [they] are Life.
To be saved one must believe, you can’t be saved by works.

It is also good to think about the fact that God has gone to all this trouble to save our souls, so, the body, as wonderful as it may be, is just temporary and comparatively worthless in that context. And also, we all know that these bodies have quite a few things about them, that are also not always so wonderful.. (aging, etc.)
Life is not always wonderful but here we are..doesn’t mean that life is wrong or bad especially since God says life is good. Just because we age, etc...does not mean our bodies are bad and without our bodies we do not exist. We are not just our spirit and we are all not just spirits on earth, God made us bodies as well, so that’s not worthless. What’s more is that we shall always have a body, in heaven we will have a body made for it, so I think bodies aren’t all that worthless.

that remind us that this place (as beautiful as the natural world around us is) is not really where we belong and that this (fallen) state we are existing in now, is not our true natural state.
I don’t think this world wasn’t where we belonged, God did put us on the earth, I’m the garden and made the world around us to fit us...seems like we belonged here.

What is our true natural state?

I'm going to try and use the David Lynn method:

They are asking Jesus to show them the Father

7 If ye had known me, ye should have known my Father also: and from henceforth ye know him, and have seen him.
9 Jesus saith unto him, Have I been so long time with you, and yet hast thou not known me, Philip? he that hath seen me hath seen the Father; and how sayest thou then, Show us the Father?

Try to change the word Father with the word God. Isn't Jesus Himself saying that He is God, from His own mouth?

DavidSon

Star
I'm going to try and use the David Lynn method:

They are asking Jesus to show them the Father

Try to change the word Father with the word God. Isn't Jesus Himself saying that He is God, from His own mouth?
No, he's not. If ever Jesus wanted to claim he was the Almighty, why even mention the Father? If He says, "I and the Father are one", there's still reference to the Most High. As the title of this thread says, Jesus never claimed to be God.

No one denies that He was challenging the concept of a God far away. There are times (like the above which again was revealed only to His disciples) where Jesus does glorify the power within Himself. He made it known His role as Master over His fold. He brought forth belief that we can forgive sins and heal the sick. Anything we ask in His name will be given. Jesus even says WE will do greater things than Him. So do we go off on a tangent and imagine ourselves greater than the Messenger because of one verse? No, we don't.

"At that time Jesus answered and said, "I thank You, Father, Lord of heaven and earth, that You have hidden these things from the wise and prudent and revealed them to babes." - MATT 11:25

You cut out the rest of what I said...
Nothing you said was cut out, if you look at my post. I made an interjection, but everything you said was quoted. I'm not saying you agreed with me.

To be saved one must believe, you can’t be saved by works.
To believe is the beginning, but we all also do have to work too and we have a lot of work to do:

Matthew 16:27 For the Son of Man shall come in the glory of his Father with his angels; and then he shall reward every man according to his WORKS. & Revelation 2:23
Life is not always wonderful but here we are..doesn’t mean that life is wrong or bad especially since God says life is good. Just because we age, etc...does not mean our bodies are bad and without our bodies we do not exist.
Yes we do:

2 Corinthians 5:8 We are confident, [I say], and willing rather to be OUT OF the body, and to be present with the Lord.
We are not just our spirit and we are all not just spirits on earth, God made us bodies as well, so that’s not worthless.
Jesus said that the flesh (the body) is worthless (the flesh profiteth nothing):

John 6:63 It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the Words (Truth) that I speak unto you, [they] are spirit, and [they] are Life.
What’s more is that we shall always have a body, in heaven we will have a body made for it, so I think bodies aren’t all that worthless. I don’t think this world wasn’t where we belonged, God did put us on the earth, I’m the garden and made the world around us to fit us...seems like we belonged here.
We are here for a reason. God is Love. He is Good and Merciful and so He also made this world beautiful.
What is our true natural state?
To be back in heaven (with our real family and friends) where we originally came from (home).

2 Corinthians
5:6 Therefore [we are] always confident, knowing that, whilst we [the Being] feel at home IN the body, we are absent from the Lord:
5:7 (For we walk by faith, not by sight: )
5:8 We are confident, [I say], and willing rather to be OUT OF the body, and to be present with the Lord.
5:9 Wherefore we labour, that, whether in [the body] or out [of the body], we may be accepted by Him.
5:10 For we must all appear before the Judgment Seat of Christ; that every one may receive the (recompense for) things [done whilst] IN [his] body, according to that he hath DONE, whether [it be] good or bad.
- King of kings' Bible

(We are in fact all "prodigal sons". Read the parable in - Luke 15:11-32 )

Last edited:

Lisa

Superstar
Nothing you said was cut out,
You agreed earlier you cut stuff out..
714FE212-6FED-4827-BB15-2F332035F2B4.jpeg

To believe is the beginning, but we all also do have to work too and we have a lot of work to do:
EPHESIANS‬ ‭2:10
For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand so that we would walk in them.

‭‭
Yes we do:

2 Corinthians 5:8 We are confident, [I say], and willing rather to be OUT OF the body, and to be present with the Lord.
PSALMS‬ ‭139:13-14‬ ‭
For You formed my inward parts; You wove me in my mother’s womb. I will give thanks to You, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made; Wonderful are Your works, And my soul knows it very well.​
‭‭
We are here for a reason
We are?

To be back in heaven (with our real family and friends) where we originally came from (home).
We didn’t even come from heaven but the dust of the earth...so how can that be our original home?

GENESIS‬ ‭2:7‬ ‭
Then the LORD God formed man of dust from the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living being.​
‭‭

You agreed earlier you cut stuff out..
View attachment 23698

EPHESIANS‬ ‭2:10​

For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand so that we would walk in them.​

‭‭

PSALMS‬ ‭139:13-14‬ ‭​

For You formed my inward parts; You wove me in my mother’s womb. I will give thanks to You, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made; Wonderful are Your works, And my soul knows it very well.​
‭‭

We are?

We didn’t even come from heaven but the dust of the earth...so how can that be our original home?

GENESIS‬ ‭2:7‬ ‭​

Then the LORD God formed man of dust from the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living being.​
‭‭
Anyone can go and read it Lisa. What I said was that I know you don't agree.

Will you now resort to telling lies? If you do that then no-one will believe anything you say.

If you believe that you "are" the human, then what I wrote won't make any sense to you, nor will it make sense to anyone else who believes with their mind that they "are" the human body.

Your post:
Everything is subject to the Father, even the Son. Doesn’t mean that He isn’t God or that He isn’t equally God and we know this because God tells us in Genesis..
GENESIS‬ ‭1:26‬ ‭​

Then God said, “Let Us make man in Our image, according to Our likeness.”​

‭‭Sounds equal to me...also why we are baptized in the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit.
My reply:
https://vigilantcitizenforums.com/threads/jesus-didnt-claim-to-be-god.5878/post-216391

As the evidence shows, nothing you said was cut out. But you then tried to run with the idea that something was cut out, even after being told that you would see it was not the case if you read my post.

Can you see your mistake now, please?

Last edited:

Lisa

Superstar
Anyone can go and read it Lisa. What I said was that I know you don't agree.
Yes and they will see that you interjected something between what I said. And as they read it they will see what you interjected made it seem like we agreed!

Will you now resort to telling lies? If you do that then no-one will believe anything you say.
Talking to yourself now?

If you believe that you "are" the human, then what I wrote won't make any sense to you, nor will it make sense to anyone else who believes with their mind that they "are" the human body.
I know I’m human and so are you...you’re kidding yourself if you believe otherwise.

Yes and they will see that you interjected something between what I said.
Which is exactly what I said.
Interjecting something is not the same as cutting stuff out - which is what you claimed.
Nothing was cut out, as can be clearly seen.
And as they read it they will see what you interjected made it seem like we agreed!
I partially agreed with what you said and made an interjection before quoting the rest of what you said, followed by the rest of my reply. You then said that you do not agree. So, that is therefore clear.
Talking to yourself now?
As above.
I know I’m human and so are you...you’re kidding yourself if you believe otherwise.
Quote, from: "The Way home or face The Fire" -
"YOU ARE NOT HUMAN !!!"
http://thewayhomeorfacethefire.net

Last edited:
So do we go off on a tangent and imagine ourselves greater than the Messenger because of one verse? No, we don't.
Dude, I have no idea what are you talking about. Jesus did claim to be God. Stop adding and take away things from the bible.
John 8:58-59:
"‘I tell you the truth,’ Jesus answered, ‘before Abraham was born, I am!’ At this, they picked up stones to stone him, but Jesus hid himself, slipping away from the temple grounds.”

I and the Father are one", there's still reference to the Most High. As the title of this thread says, Jesus never claimed to be God.
John 10:30-33:​
“‘I and the Father are one.’ Again the Jews picked up stones to stone him, but Jesus said to them, ‘I have shown you many great miracles from the Father. For which of these do you stone me?’ ‘We are not stoning you for any of these,’ replied the Jews, ‘but for blasphemy, because you, a mere man, claim to be God.’”

People persecuted him because he claimed to be God! Jesus doesn't even argue with them in John 10: 30-33 because He knows that their "accusation" is actually true.

Dude, I have no idea what are you talking about. Jesus did claim to be God. Stop adding and take away things from the bible.
John 8:58-59:

"‘I tell you the truth,’ Jesus answered, ‘before Abraham was born, I am!’ At this, they picked up stones to stone him, but Jesus hid himself, slipping away from the temple grounds.”

John 10:30-33:

“‘I and the Father are one.’ Again the Jews picked up stones to stone him, but Jesus said to them, ‘I have shown you many great miracles from the Father. For which of these do you stone me?’ ‘We are not stoning you for any of these,’ replied the Jews, ‘but for blasphemy, because you, a mere man, claim to be God.’”

People persecuted him because he claimed to be God! Jesus doesn't even argue with them in John 10: 30-33 because He knows that their "accusation" is actually true.
As if the Jews (liars - John 8:44) false testimony was somehow authoritative and to be more trusted that Jesus' (the Truth - John 12:48) own testimony.

The Jews were "bearing false witness" (lying - a violation of the Commandments) to try and trap Jesus so they could then have Jesus "legally" murdered.

It is amazing, that people who call themselves Christians will choose to believe the false accusation made by the Jews who Jesus called out to be liars, above and over believing the worded account that Jesus Himself gave about the situation.

Jesus spelled it out when He exposed them and their evil plot:

Matthew 21:38 But when the husbandmen saw the Son, they said among themselves, This is the heir; come, let us kill him, and let us seize on his inheritance.

So why do the "christian" (?) churches all teach their members to believe and repeat the lies of the people who had Jesus murdered based on false witness and false judgement, over and above believing and repeating the words that Christ Himself said?

Doing that is treason against Christ, for which they will ALL be called to account:

Revelation
2:21 And I gave her space to repent of her fornication; and she repented not.
2:22 Behold, I will cast her into a bed, and them that commit adultery with her into great tribulation, except they repent of their deeds.
2:23 And I will kill her children with death; and ALL the churches shall know that I am he which searcheth the reins and hearts: and I will give unto every one of you according to your WORKS.

Last edited:

Janus

Rookie
It is amazing, that people who call themselves Christians will choose to believe the false accusation made by the Jews who Jesus called out to be liars, above and over believing the worded account that Jesus Himself gave about the situation.
As if lies were their greatest strength. No one would fall for that stuff. It has to be mingled with truths to acquire a modicum of credibility. What did JFK say? The most deadly enemy of the truth is the myth.

DavidSon

Star
As if the Jews (liars - John 8:44) false testimony was somehow authoritative and to be more trusted that Jesus' (the Truth - John 12:48) own testimony.

The Jews were "bearing false witness" (lying - a violation of the Commandments) to try and trap Jesus so they could then have Jesus "legally" murdered.

Jesus spelled it out when He exposed them and their evil plot:

Matthew 21:38 But when the husbandmen saw the Son, they said among themselves, This is the heir; come, let us kill him, and let us seize on his inheritance.

So why do the "christian" (?) churches all teach their members to believe and repeat the lies of the people who had Jesus murdered based on false witness and false judgement, over and above believing and repeating the words that Christ Himself said?

Doing that is treason against Christ, for which they will ALL be called to account:

Revelation
2:21 And I gave her space to repent of her fornication; and she repented not.
2:22 Behold, I will cast her into a bed, and them that commit adultery with her into great tribulation, except they repent of their deeds.
2:23 And I will kill her children with death; and ALL the churches shall know that I am he which searcheth the reins and hearts: and I will give unto every one of you according to your WORKS.
Amen.

I was thinking yesterday about Jesus' Ministry and who were His true enemies. They who followed Jesus to the mountains, the cities, the temple- to attempt to silence and kill Him: the Talmudic Jews. Scribes, Pharisees and Sadducees are another word for the legalist, Rabbinical, Talmudic Jewish leaders of the day. These are the top anti-Christs that He contended with, warning His followers not to be like them- the synagogue of Satan.

It's a central theme of the Gospels: warring off the the troll army of Jewish "priests." The declaration that He would raise Abraham's children from stones, that He was before Abraham even, greater than the Prophets, could build the temple in 3 days... were all to smite their dead religious doctrines. He instructed how to pray and fast NOT like them...in every way to be the opposite of them.

Theories and "ism's" can't hold a candle to the Word of God.

Last edited:

elsbet

Superstar
Yahweh said "I am that I am"
Jesus said "before Abraham was born I AM"

Clearly the two are not the same because Jesus didn't say "before Abraham was born I am Yahweh".
I'm actually surprised to see such a nonsensical statement from you. Then again, I should possibly consider the fact you are self proclaimed psychic vampire?

EDIT: I always confuse you with @Aero... scratch the vampire part.

But the first sentence stands.. re: nonsensical.

Last edited:
Is that supposed to mean something to me?
The Way home or face The Fire
2:6 Planet Earth was chosen for the prison, because it was far enough away; being on the far side of
the galaxy; had no “intelligent” life-forms, but was capable of supporting crude animal life-forms,
and, in its own way, was a beautiful planet (Rev. 12:9, 12)(Sura 17:8 & 83:7).
2:7 It was also planned, to create beautiful surroundings, which would have many lessons built into
them, and was then constructed, with these factors in mind. Nature, both vegetal and animal, was to
give clues to those who would look for them, “Seek and you will find” (John 8:32).

3:58 Satan talks to your animal body, and has deceived you into thinking that you are no more than a
crude, smelly animal, with obscene body-functions, when you are really spirit, and only temporarily
imprisoned in the crude, animal body that you are using, at the moment, which has to eat; go to the
toilet; get old and wrinkled and die; etc.
3:59 You seem to want to believe Satan, and that you are no better than a smelly animal. You don’t
seem to want to be divine again.

And Adam was not deceived, but the woman being deceived was in the transgression. - 1 Timothy

"Luke practises standing on his head with YODA and R2D2 standing on his upturned feet, which symbolises that he is training himself to use the "Force" so well that he can do it "standing on his head". YODA and R2D2, being supported by Luke's feet symbolises that when he loses his "blind-faith" and thereby the "Force's" help, he lets down not only himself but those who are depending upon him to succeed.​

YODA tells him that he must UNLEARN what the world has taught him and that we are really "Luminous Beings" ("Beings of Light" - angels) and NOT crude human-matter - John 3 v 5 & 6; Matt. 22 v 30.
Closing his eyes, symbolising his own "blind-faith", YODA moves Luke's spaceship, out of the swamp, onto dry land; after Luke has already "tried" and failed, making the situation worse for whoever comes after him, because of his lack of faith; symbolising that enough faith can move a mountain (Matt. 17 v 19-20). YODA then grunts "Thank You" to the good "Force" for having helped him to move the ship.​

Luke says he doesn't believe it and YODA tells him that that is why he fails (Matt. 17 v 19-20 & 13 v 58).​
- STARWARS, By JAH

"Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter" - Yoda

Last edited:

John 10: 24-30
24 Then came the Jews round about him, and said unto him, How long dost thou make us to doubt? If thou be the Christ, tell us plainly.
25 Jesus answered them, I told you, and ye believed not: the works that I do in my Father's name, they bear witness of me.
26 But ye believe not, because ye are not of my sheep, as I said unto you.
27 My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me:
28 And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand.
29 My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father's hand.

30 I and my Father are one.

Jesus own testimony is that He is the Father. Jews understood exactly what He was saying (unlike the rest of you). That's why they accused Him, that's why they wanted to kill Him.

You want another proof? Just pick up your bible:

John 1:1
1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

John 1:14
14 The Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us. We have seen his glory, the glory of the one and only Son, who came from the Father, full of grace and truth.

I can go on for all day.

Theories and "ism's" can't hold a candle to the Word of God.
Amen.

John 10: 24-30
24 Then came the Jews round about him, and said unto him, How long dost thou make us to doubt? If thou be the Christ, tell us plainly.
25 Jesus answered them, I told you, and ye believed not: the works that I do in my Father's name, they bear witness of me.
26 But ye believe not, because ye are not of my sheep, as I said unto you.
27 My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me:
28 And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand.
29 My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father's hand.

30 I and my Father are one.

Jesus own testimony is that He is the Father. Jews understood exactly what He was saying (unlike the rest of you). That's why they accused Him, that's why they wanted to kill Him.

You want another proof? Just pick up your bible:

John 1:1
1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

John 1:14
14 The Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us. We have seen his glory, the glory of the one and only Son, who came from the Father, full of grace and truth.

I can go on for all day.

Amen.
You must read it ALL to see what Jesus said, and in the proper context, not just cherry pick the verses that you think support your speculative interpretation.

John 17:3 And THIS is Life Eternal, that they might KNOW Thee the ONLY True God, and Christ the Saviour, whom Thou hast sent.

John 14:28 Ye have heard how I said unto you, I go away, and come [again] unto you. If ye loved me, ye would rejoice, because I said, I go unto the Father: for my Father is greater than I.

"Greater than" does NOT mean "equal to".

(Proving the trinity doctrine to be a lie).

John 10:30 I and [my] Father are at one.

Context for John 10:30 -

John 17:11 And now I am no more in the world, but these are in the world, and I come to Thee. Holy Father, keep through Thine own name those whom Thou hast given me, that they may be one, as We [are].

John 17:22 And the glory which Thou gavest me I have given them; that they may be one, even as We are One:
17:23 I in them, and Thou in me, that they may be made perfect in one; and that the world may know that Thou hast sent me, and hast loved them, as Thou hast loved me.

Christ said, that Father is also his God.

John 20:17 Jesus saith unto her, Touch me not; for I am not yet ascended to my Father: but go to my brethren, and say unto them, I ascend unto my Father, and your Father; and [to] my God, and your God.

1 Timothy 2:5 For [there is] ONE God, and One mediator between God and men, the Man Jesus Christ;

Revelation 3:12 Him that overcometh will I make a pillar in the Temple of my God, and he shall go no more out: and I will write upon him the name of my God, and the name of the city of my God, [which is] New Jerusalem, which cometh down out of heaven from my God: and [I will write upon him] my NEW name.

Sura 3:55. Behold! God said: "O Jesus! I will take thee and raise thee to Myself and clear thee (of the falsehoods) of those who blaspheme; I will make those who follow thee SUPERIOR to those who reject faith, to the Day of Resurrection: then shall ye all return unto Me, and I will judge between you of the matters wherein ye dispute.

Sura 5:75. They do blaspheme who say: "("I AM") is Jesus the son of Mary." But said Christ: "O Children of Israel! Worship God, my Lord and your Lord." Whoever joins other gods with God,- "I AM" will forbid him the Garden, and the Fire will be his abode. There will for the wrong-doers be no one to help.
5:76. They do blaspheme who say: "I AM" is one of three in a Trinity: for there is no god except One God. If they desist not from their word (of blasphemy), verily a grievous Penalty will befall the blasphemers among them.
5:77. Why turn they not to "I AM", and seek His forgiveness? For "I AM" is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful.

- King of kings' Bible