Jerry Falwell Jr.

Lisa

Superstar
I saw it. He enjoys watching his wife have sex with other men. What do you think “enjoys” means?
Sure..but he’s in that picture with another woman..is that all they did do ya think? Took a picture with their pants unzipped? Who took the picture?

Lisa

Superstar
The hypocrisy with pretty much all wealthy people, sickens me.
No doubt all their marriages are shams.
At least with the poor and working class their sin is more transparent, and in the open.
Hooray for wealthy people pulling more wool o'er erryone's eyes, again.
Gotta love the rich!! :facepalm:
What are ya talking about? All sinful behavior can become front page news no matter who does them. We see news stories every day of people cheating on, taking advantage of and killing each other. We don’t know those people but celebrities and some rich people we have seen in the news before trying to do good. Most poor and working class don’t get that.

This whole situation feels like a throwback to the era when homosexuality was more taboo, and only a feasible option for the very wealthy. How quaint and traditional! LOL

Thunderian

Superstar
Sure..but he’s in that picture with another woman..is that all they did do ya think? Took a picture with their pants unzipped? Who took the picture?
The woman is Becki’s assistant, and she’s pregnant, which is why her pants are undone and her stomach is sticking out. The picture was supposed to be funny, I think, because Falwell is mimicking her with his own pants and gut. I didn’t and still don’t take it as anything other than a poor choice for the leader of a Christian university to post on his Instagram, which is what he did, and then deleted it.

Lisa

Superstar
The woman is Becki’s assistant, and she’s pregnant, which is why her pants are undone and her stomach is sticking out. The picture was supposed to be funny, I think, because Falwell is mimicking her with his own pants and gut. I didn’t and still don’t take it as anything other than a poor choice for the leader of a Christian university to post on his Instagram, which is what he did, and then deleted it.
I see...I didn’t know the context of the picture...that makes a difference.

ohhi9876

Veteran
can she not get pants that fit her changing body?
it seems they have a lot of "family friends"

Thunderian

Superstar
Chances are if you are that wealthy, you aren't a true Christian.
There is no reason to believe that just because someone is wealthy, they aren’t a believer. Abraham was an enormously wealthy man, as evidenced when his nephew Lot was taken prisoner. Abraham equipped an army of 300 men from his own servants to go after Lot’s captors. Joseph of Arimathea, who took the body of Jesus and buried it in his family tomb, is another example of a wealthy believer. Boaz, the great-grandfather of King David, was a wealthy man, and David’s son Solomon was, I believe, the wealthiest man who ever lived, and there’s no doubt he believed, but he also did terrible, sinful things. Neither wealth, nor the committing of evil, are consistent indicators of a person’s belief in God. But the Bible does tell us that the love of money is the root of all evil, so that might be a clue as to why Solomon and Falwell fell into such evil.

Lisa

Superstar
There is no reason to believe that just because someone is wealthy, they aren’t a believer. Abraham was an enormously wealthy man, as evidenced when his nephew Lot was taken prisoner. Abraham equipped an army of 300 men from his own servants to go after Lot’s captors. Joseph of Arimathea, who took the body of Jesus and buried it in his family tomb, is another example of a wealthy believer. Boaz, the great-grandfather of King David, was a wealthy man, and David’s son Solomon was, I believe, the wealthiest man who ever lived, and there’s no doubt he believed, but he also did terrible, sinful things. Neither wealth, nor the committing of evil, are consistent indicators of a person’s belief in God. But the Bible does tell us that the love of money is the root of all evil, so that might be a clue as to why Solomon and Falwell fell into such evil.
I don’t know that you should have used Solomon..wasn’t it that his wives turned his heart away from God? 1 Kings 11:4

Thunderian

Superstar
I don’t know that you should have used Solomon..wasn’t it that his wives turned his heart away from God? 1 Kings 11:4
Yes, and he turned back. I don’t think he ever stopped believing, even when he was wallowing in the flesh.

AlcyoneSong

Established
It looks like he did throw her under the bus, and there’s no doubt in my mind that he knew of and approved of her affair.

There’s an audio clip of the three of them on a phone call, and Becki is complaining that she’s upset because Gian tells her about all the other women he’s having sex with. Falwell tells Gian that he’s making Becki jealous. Reuters, which broke the story, claims that Gian showed them a clip from a video chat where Becki is nude and Jerry is in the background while she’s chatting with Gian.

I am always willing to give people the benefit of the doubt, but there can be no reasonable explanation why a man is telling another man not to make his wife jealous, or why a husband would be watching his wife taking part in a nude video chat with another man.

There was an article last year about the Falwell’s relationship with this pool boy, and the writer came so close to connecting the dots. The angle they took was to question why a conservative Christian “leader” would have bought a gay-friendly youth hostel and then handed a 25% share to a young man whose only experience was as a pool attendant, which is what they did. They mentioned that some nude or partially nude pictures of Becki Falwell had been circulating, and that Trump’s lawyer, Michael Cohen, had been instrumental in retrieving them and putting a damper on the story. The line that Cohen took was that Falwell’s phone has been hacked and some private photos had been taken, but Tom Arnold (of all people), in a (for some reason) recorded phone call with Cohen, had insisted that it was Gian who had taken the pictures. The article also quoted Ted Cruz (bizarre cast of characters in this) as saying that the Falwell’s relationship with Gian the pool boy didn’t make sense. Well he’s right about that!

Falwell has been skating the line of indecency for awhile. Apparently he would discuss his and Becki’s sex life with acquaintances and with people who worked for Liberty University, and more than once sent scantily clad pics of his wife to people, then claimed it was a mistake. He was photographed at a nightclub in Miami a few years ago, then denied it was him, and and then there is that photo of him and Becki’s assistant where they both have their zippers down and he has a drink in his hand. For the president of a Christian university where drinking, dancing, and sex outside of marriage are prohibited, these actions are inexplicable.
Welp Falwell doesn’t fall far from his daddy eh?

AlcyoneSong

Established
Because he’s an idiot

Aero

Superstar
Am I the only one who thinks Becki is the quintessential hotwife name?

I think there is something in a name though. Maybe demons, or aliens. Idk, but now I'm wondering what if everyone got to pick their own names? If I could pick my own name I'd call myself "Swilly".