Jerry Falwell Jr.

Johnny5

Veteran
Am I the only one who thinks Becki is the quintessential hotwife name?

I think there is something in a name though. Maybe demons, or aliens. Idk, but now I'm wondering what if everyone got to pick their own names? If I could pick my own name I'd call myself "Swilly".
Please, do tell why "Swilly"?

Aero

Superstar
Please, do tell why "Swilly"?
LOL, its from a show about river loggers. Like dudes who pull logs out of rivers. At first, I thought wtf is this, how many logs can people pull out of rivers. Apparently a lot because Swilly was an ace at it.

In my eyes "Swilly" is easily a top 10 nickname. Now for me, the problem with cool nicknames is most people already claim them. Take "Maverick" for example. That's a slick nickname, but it's Tom Cruise from that movie "Top Gun", or Mel Gibson from that movie literally called "Maverick".

To your credit, Johnny 5 is pretty good. The robot from "Short Circuit" had more style than both mavericks.

Thunderian

Superstar
I’d like to pray about this before I say anything else.
Have you not read the book? I think it would be hard not to have an opinion on the author if you had. Do you think Solomon is in hell?

Lisa

Superstar
Have you not read the book? I think it would be hard not to have an opinion on the author if you had. Do you think Solomon is in hell?
I have read that book..many times, in fact it used to be my favorite one many years ago. However..I haven’t read it recently.

I don’t think anyone is in hell as we haven’t had the white throne judgement...but I do believe Solomon fell away from the faith. I did read 1Kings 11 and I think his wives stole his heart away from God which was why God said he shouldn’t marry like he did.
I also think after reading that chapter that God took his kingdom from him but left a portion for David’s sake and not Solomon’s sake which I think means a lot right there. David’s sake because he was a man after God’s own heart where Solomon’s heart for God was gone.

I also think that part of why Solomon was open to the gods of his wives was because he seemed empty and depressed in Ecclesiastes...I started reading it about 10 minutes ago. Perhaps he thought that other gods would be more helpful then the God? Anyway..thats my thoughts about it right now.

Thunderian

Superstar
I have read that book..many times, in fact it used to be my favorite one many years ago. However..I haven’t read it recently.

I don’t think anyone is in hell as we haven’t had the white throne judgement...but I do believe Solomon fell away from the faith. I did read 1Kings 11 and I think his wives stole his heart away from God which was why God said he shouldn’t marry like he did.
I also think after reading that chapter that God took his kingdom from him but left a portion for David’s sake and not Solomon’s sake which I think means a lot right there. David’s sake because he was a man after God’s own heart where Solomon’s heart for God was gone.

I also think that part of why Solomon was open to the gods of his wives was because he seemed empty and depressed in Ecclesiastes...I started reading it about 10 minutes ago. Perhaps he thought that other gods would be more helpful then the God? Anyway..thats my thoughts about it right now.
Do you believe that Solomon will be going to hell?

Lisa

Superstar
Do you believe that Solomon will be going to hell?
If he fell away from God..yes. I also think Adam and Eve will be in hell..unless they repented...but from what I read in the Bible it doesn’t seem possible that they were saved. I don’t think everyone in the Bible was saved because they made an appearance in the Bible. It would depend on their relationship with God..wouldn’t it?

I am reminded of Matthew 7:13-14

Johnny5

Veteran
LOL, its from a show about river loggers. Like dudes who pull logs out of rivers. At first, I thought wtf is this, how many logs can people pull out of rivers. Apparently a lot because Swilly was an ace at it.

In my eyes "Swilly" is easily a top 10 nickname. Now for me, the problem with cool nicknames is most people already claim them. Take "Maverick" for example. That's a slick nickname, but it's Tom Cruise from that movie "Top Gun", or Mel Gibson from that movie literally called "Maverick".

To your credit, Johnny 5 is pretty good. The robot from "Short Circuit" had more style than both mavericks.
Ok gotcha now. That's funny. I thought it might because you liked cheap alcohol... as in swill. Thanks for credit on the nickname. Not sure how it came to me. I havent seen that movie in like 30 years.
I agree about nicknames its hard to come up with one that hasn't been used before. To refer to Lisa and Thunder's sub-thread in this thread, Solomon said in Ecclesiastes, "there is no new thing under the sun".

Thunderian

Superstar
If he fell away from God..yes. I also think Adam and Eve will be in hell..unless they repented...but from what I read in the Bible it doesn’t seem possible that they were saved. I don’t think everyone in the Bible was saved because they made an appearance in the Bible. It would depend on their relationship with God..wouldn’t it?

I am reminded of Matthew 7:13-14
Let’s continue this in the religion forum. I’ll start a thread.

Last edited:

Lisa

Superstar
Pool boy claims Jerry Falwell Jr. told him to 'go for it' with his wife Becki and was 'lying on a bed, drunk and giggling' to watch them have sex the first time after saying that he 'didn't like swingers clubs and wanted an intimate session'