Jehovas Witnesses

Vixy

Star
So I'm wondering about Jehovas Witnesses and what we have on them? Is there brain washing and mind control involved or are they clean?

At their latest seminar they had as an example MONARCH butterflies and they showed alot of movie clips, telling the audience to "focus on the clips and forget your personal problems".

Feels creepy and it was all "recruit, recruit, recruit! Get out there and get more souls" which is good if it's for christ but they're pushing the members too far. They rather they don't even work, so they can put all their time into recruiting new members. They don't seem to be after money though, since they don't demand any like regular churches do. Contributing is if one likes to and there's no pressure but why push the members SO hard?

Last edited:

rainerann

Star
from what I remember, study of the Jehovah's Witnesses was the launch pad for Fritz Springmeier's study of mind control. He has some thoughts on his study of the Watchtower organization in his first book Be Wise as Serpents. It's been a while since I read it but it might be worth checking out.

JoChris

Superstar
So I'm wondering about Jehovas Witnesses and what we have on them? Is there brain washing and mind control involved or are they clean?

At their latest seminar they had as an example MONARCH butterflies and they showed alot of movie clips, telling the audience to "focus on the clips and forget your personal problems".

Feels creepy and it was all "recruit, recruit, recruit! Get out there and get more souls" which is good if it's for christ but they're pushing the members too far. They rather they don't even work, so they can put all their time into recruiting new members. They don't seem to be after money though, since they don't demand any like regular churches do. Contributing is if one likes to and there's no pressure but why push the members SO hard?
They're an extremely indoctrinated pseudo-Christian cult.
From ex-JW, now Christian. http://www.freeminds.org
They have a bad reputation for false prophecies and false predictions of the world ending. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Watch_Tower_Society_unfulfilled_predictions

Yep I grew up in the cult after my mom was converted by door to door preachers when I was like 4. I only got out when I was 23, after months of research to convince myself it was really not "the Truth" (which is what they call the religion/ system / being a witness e.g. "being in the truth" vs "leaving the truth"; I kid you not). They're just really good at using hierarchy & the bible for mind control. Most of the rank & file are sincere people who really believe they're saving lives with their irritating preaching work. Once you're in, they use guilt to compel you to "save" others. Don't be fooled by the "contributions" terminology. It's a way of avoiding tax. The society (again, I kid you not) that runs it all earns millions in "contributions" while paying its personal workers minimum wages to print books and whatnot. Also, with their "Kingdom Hall" churches built using volunteer witness labour, they own land in nearly every country. I'm not even sure what the true agenda of the few guys at the top is but they're rich, practically worshipped, and living very comfortably. None of them actually do any door to door knocking themselves lol although they would never admit it.

What everyone should also know about them is they have a real problem with sexual abusers and pedophiles hiding among them. They do almost nothing to deal with perpetrators. Most of them don't know this is a problem within their own ranks because it never gets talked about. So, do not trust any witnesses coming to your door. I mean they could well be decent do- gooders, but like 1 in every 1000 perhaps - not like anyone has counted - is potentially a pedo. There are maybe 5 or 6 million JWs in total although those are JW-sourced stats/numbers. Anyway, it's a good idea to tell them something about the rampant sexual abuse problem so that if they aren't too mind controlled at the time (Internet is bad mmmkay) they might even go home & look it up...

Another thing I noticed was the lack of female preachers. No women at all, just men.
Yeah women can preach door to door to the unconverted but not at church. There are certain situations where women have to wear head scarves if say preaching with a (witness?) man present - I was never clear on this shit. But yeah the Governing Body is all male. Like 8 men telling millions of JWs what to do & how to spend their time.

Vixy

Star
Hmm, strange. My friend has studied with them dor quite a while now and yes they guilt trip you into converting others but having to wear a head scarf if a male present while praying? Never heard of it.

There's also no pohibitions about using the internet.

Could it be different from country to country? The peado tjing is known, yeah, but the rest is nothing I've ever heard of.

JoChris

Superstar
They are still human beings though and we should treat them as we would have wanted to be treated. Invite them for tea at least. God Bless
Jesus told us to be as wise as serpents, and as harmless as doves https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Matthew+10:16&version=KJV
People who are not able to defend their faith should never invite tools of Satan into their house.

Once I did invite 2 JW women into my house, and the way they went around and around in circles, avoiding every scripture that contradicted Watchtower's false teachings.... several hours later they were getting confused suddenly and decided to leave.
At the time that made me decide not to invite any JWs again - they are there to indoctrinate potential followers, they don't want mere conversations. They have an agenda. They have to "earn" their place in JW's paradise.

The key would be, By God's Power, to not let them indoctrinate you and to love and care for them genuinely and unconditionally.

We can't know if they are tools of Satan or not. And even if they are such, they remain creatures of The Almighty first and foremost.

If He Wills, it takes Him less than the blink of an eye to make them His tools instead. God Has Power over all things and Brought them to you.

Illuminized

Established
At the time that made me decide not to invite any JWs again - they are there to indoctrinate potential followers, they don't want mere conversations. They have an agenda. They have to "earn" their place in JW's paradise.
The same could be said, word-for-word, for every other Christian sect.

The atheists are severely underestimating the Christian religion when they say they wouldn't mind it if they just didn't proselyte. They seem to forget that the "Great Commission" (Matthew 28:19-20) is on par with the "Golden Rule" and "Great Commandment". It would no longer even be Christianity without the intolerance and proselytizing. They know absolutely nothing about combating Christianity, they could take some cues from Julian the Apostate. In fact, they err even more when they try to represent Adolf Hitler as a Christian (i.e. Richard C. Carrier, NoBeliefs). At a time when Nazism is spreading like wildfire! There are even Christian Nazis who have attempted the same thing, I know this because I used to be one of them and posted about it on here quite regularly. Nazism already seems bad enough, it absolutely must not become intermingled with Christian notions, the result would be catastrophic.

I highly recommend reading Richard Weikart's book on Hitler's religion, who has recognized that the best way to put Hitler to rest is to distance him from both Christianity and atheism, as well as the occult and paganism. I think it's incredibly petty to associate Hitler with a belief/non-belief just to bring down the opposing side. Shame on people who employ this in their arguments.

JoChris

Superstar
The same could be said, word-for-word, for every other Christian sect.

The atheists are severely underestimating the Christian religion when they say they wouldn't mind it if they just didn't proselyte. They seem to forget that the "Great Commission" (Matthew 28:19-20) is on par with the "Golden Rule" and "Great Commandment". It would no longer even be Christianity without the intolerance and proselytizing. They know absolutely nothing about combating Christianity, they could take some cues from Julian the Apostate. In fact, they err even more when they try to represent Adolf Hitler as a Christian (i.e. Richard C. Carrier, NoBeliefs). At a time when Nazism is spreading like wildfire! There are even Christian Nazis who have attempted the same thing, I know this because I used to be one of them and posted about it on here quite regularly. Nazism already seems bad enough, it absolutely must not become intermingled with Christian notions, the result would be catastrophic.

I highly recommend reading Richard Weikart's book on Hitler's religion, who has recognized that the best way to put Hitler to rest is to distance him from both Christianity and atheism, as well as the occult and paganism. I think it's incredibly petty to associate Hitler with a belief/non-belief just to bring down the opposing side. Shame on people who employ this in their arguments.
There are different interpretations of scripture - sometimes leading to different denominations of churches....

.... and then there are deliberate misquoting/ mistranslations of scripture to justify cult beliefs.
Atheists seem to believe the latter option is the only one.

P.S. Christian NAZIS?!!!! :eek: That would be an interesting thread for you to start!!!!

Vixy

Star
The key would be, By God's Power, to not let them indoctrinate you and to love and care for them genuinely and unconditionally.

We can't know if they are tools of Satan or not. And even if they are such, they remain creatures of The Almighty first and foremost.

If He Wills, it takes Him less than the blink of an eye to make them His tools instead. God Has Power over all things and Brought them to you.
Damn well said!

Hmm, strange. My friend has studied with them dor quite a while now and yes they guilt trip you into converting others but having to wear a head scarf if a male present while praying? Never heard of it.
There's also no pohibitions about using the internet.
Could it be different from country to country? The peado tjing is known, yeah, but the rest is nothing I've ever heard of.
Sorry, my earlier posts were not very clear.
They don't ban using the internet; it's just sort of frowned upon to look up anything bad or negative ABOUT THEM. Because, you know, it's obviously a lie planted by Satan to deceive you. They have their own internet channels (at jw.org) so that you have no excuse to be reading things about them that are not written by them.
The headscarf thing is not strictly enforced (at least, not in South Africa) and I think is a leftover tradition from the early Witness days. You'd be surprised to know how much the religion changes. For example, they used to celebrate Christmas...