Jehovah's Witnesses Discussed

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
A while ago a friend on this forum mentioned to me that they had family members who were Jehovah's Witnesses. Our family also has a once close friend who became involved with the Watchtower Society. It made me take a look at what they believe and why, and from my point of view how catastrophically they manage to misinterpret the Bible.

Often a JW might introduce themselves as "a Christian", but don't be decieved, what they believe is not Biblical Christianity.

Yahda

Veteran
I happened to like JW more than Christians as far as beliefs. Both religions are flawed as is religion period. However at least they stick more to the commandments of God. They don’t celebrate holidays, birthdays, nor do they create idols, and they are more informed when it come to scriptures. And imo more dedicated to serving God.

Yes there are some questions as to it’s origins but christians CAN NOT point fingers. They have their own fair share of disappointing origins and MISINTERPRETATIONS.

I happened to like JW more than Christians as far as beliefs. Both religions are flawed as is religion period. However at least they stick more to the commandments of God. They don’t celebrate holidays, birthdays, nor do they create idols, and they are more informed when it come to scriptures. And imo more dedicated to serving God.

Yes there are some questions as to it’s origins but christians CAN NOT point fingers. They have their own fair share of disappointing origins and MISINTERPRETATIONS.
The visible Church (actors on a stage) are only Christian by name (nominal) God describes the nominal Christians era in Matthew Chapter 13 and the 6 churches in Revelation, But in that mixture are born again believers The Wheat from the Tares. The Epistle of 1 John describes the difference between the two along with Romans Chapters 7 and 8 and it's new character of the believer in 1 Corinthians Chapter 13. Apart from carnal works. JW's do not believe that Christ is the son of God (incarnate), Same as the LDS and Catholics believe the Pope has taken the place of Christ and put their faith in the saints and Mary apart from Christ. If you knew Christ, you would know the difference. You words will not hold up when you stand before Christ in the Judgment!

Yes, The death of Christ, but even more, He was raised from the dead on the 3rd. day for our justification...most people leave that out and make death the subject of our salvation. The JW's also do not believe Christ is God incarnate but just a man. They also believe that if Adam had not sinned, we would live eternal in this body. Scripture does not teach that (I Cor. 15:35-53). The first thing I ask them is, Who do you say the Christ is?, and that usually ends the conversation.

Last edited:

Vixy

Star
Jist became aware of this thread. Thanks Red!

I'm just in the beginning of the video Red put up but YES!

I have studied the bible with Jehovas Witnesses for a year or two and he puts the hammer on the nail right HERE:

Where he says they quote the bible perfectly but they dont understand it. Their hearts arent getting the message, justt heir brains and thats pointless. Its like understanding the law of physics by text but not ACTUALLY how it works.

This is what I noticed. One was always to be so dressed up during the meetings to please God but they never helped each other privately which is a core in christianity to do, and they were never there for each other, they also gossiped alot and this was two of their so called pioneers, who go doorknocking fulltime aside from their regular jobs. Now I realise people arent perfect, I sure aint either, but.. They seemed so cold and their hearts were closed. It seemed more important to them to impress each other by going doorknocking more than the others than it did to help each other. I couldnt take that, it hurt my heart so I left them. I have nothing agaisnt them but when they ask why I left and I tell the truth they refuse to believe me, dont understand or have excuse after excuse.

So it wasnt the congregation for me but I really do hope they realise this soe day before it's too late, I really, really do bc theyre on the right track about living in the end times. They have the intellectual knowledge, now they have to understand it by heart aswell.