Jehovah is the Tetragram יהוה - yahweh is a counterfeit usurper, not Bible, not Jewish, not Christian

Steven Avery

Rookie
Jehovah (or Yehovah) is the traditional name pronunciation for the Tetragram. יהוה

yahweh==jupiter .. this is because:
jupiter is yahweh-father ... or IOVE-PATER
(IOVE or JOVE)
IOVE has the sound exceedingly close to yahweh.

Spiritual entities are invoked by speaking their name, the sound is fundamental. When a person worships unto yahweh, they are invoking the jupiter devil (this dark-side entity is noted in the Book of Acts.)

Acts 14:12-13 (AV)
And they called Barnabas, Jupiter; and Paul, Mercurius, because he was the chief speaker.
Then the priest of Jupiter, which was before their city, brought oxen and garlands unto the gates,
and would have done sacrifice with the people.

Acts 19:35 (AV)
And when the townclerk had appeased the people, he said,
Ye men of Ephesus, what man is there that knoweth not how that the city of the Ephesians is a worshipper of the great goddess Diana,
and of the image which fell down from Jupiter?

The Samaritans under the Greek yoke even dedicated their Temple to this entity.
Think also of the abomination of desolation.

What Is the abomination of desolation?
Matt Slick
https://carm.org/about-the-bible/what-is-the-abomination-of-desolation/
The phrase “abomination of desolation” in Daniel 11:31 appears to be a prophecy of the Greek king Antiochus Epiphanes IV which occurred in 167 B.C. where he forbade the daily Temple sacrifices in Jerusalem and “caused an altar to be erected on the altar of burnt-offering, on which sacrifices were offered to Jupiter Olympus.”2 Other commentators see the pagan altar as an offering place to Zeus.3 But, Jupiter was equivalent to the Roman version of the Greek god Zeus.
2 - Easton, M. G. Easton’s Bible Dictionary. New York: Harper & Brothers, 1893.
3 - Achtemeier, Paul J., Harper & Row and Society of Biblical Literature. Harper’s Bible Dictionary. San Francisco: Harper & Row, 1985. Abomination That Makes Desolate, The

Christians should not be venerating "yahweh" in any manner. Not in reading the Bible, not in song or worship. This has been a trick played on the Christians, the main source goes back to German liberal unbelievers, especially Gesenius, in the 1800s. Since they consider the Hebrews as warmed-over pagans, they like the sound connection of the Tetragram to the pagan deity.

Note: The Christian reaction defending the name of Jehovah has nothing to do with the Jehovah Witnesses (a stopped clock is right twice a day.) There are some who spoke up nearly a century ago, then in the last 25 years, much has been clarified.

The know-nothing "sacred name" movement really began to gain traction in the USA in the 1930s, and they added the gibberish yahshua or yahushua as an adjunct to match the false yahweh.

John 5:43 (AV)
I am come in my Father's name, and ye receive me not:
if another shall come in his own name, him ye will receive.

Jesus, Yehoshua, and Yeshua, the real names in English and Hebrew, would not work, so they enlisted a brand new gibberish concoction yahshua/yahushua. Then the flood-gates opened and the sacred names came up with all sorts of additional false names for both the Tetragram and for Messiah.

Let's lift up the pure word of God.

Psalm 83:18 (AV)
That men may know that thou,
whose name alone is JEHOVAH,
art the most high over all the earth.

Under the New Testament, the name above all other names is the Lord Jesus Christ.

Philippians 2:10 (KJV)
That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow,
of things in heaven, and things in earth,
and things under the earth;

Thanks for listening and considering!

Steven Avery
Dutchess County, NY, USA

Cintra

Star
Wow.

Ok.
Didn't realise you had a thing about this particular piece of minutiae.

Write the quotes in Hebrew and I will think about it.

Cintra

Star
QUOTE="Steven Avery, post: 424275, member: 1765"]
My post above is mostly for Christians who consider the name of God important.
Thanks, anyway.
[/QUOTE]

Ok, no worries.

You originally replied to some ancient post of mine, so I naturally assumed you were engaging with me.

Hope you get a good convo from someone else.

Steven Avery

Rookie
That is how you speak English?
What English dictionary do you use?

And how do you put the Tetragram into English?

Steven Avery

Rookie
not how the ancient Israelites nor later Jews, speak about sin..... Christianity, both Judaism and Islam ... in both Judaism and in Islam ... messages of Adam and Jesus
Whoops.

Looks like you use the English J for Jews, Judaism, Jesus.

Nikōn

Veteran
Whoops.

Looks like you use the English J for Jews, Judaism, Jesus.
Colloquially, we're speaking in english.

If I was to say the actual proper name for "Jesus Christ" I would say Yeshua HaMashiach.

As for "Judaism", the proper Hebrew term is Yahadut.

Steven Avery

Rookie
Colloquially, we're speaking in english. If I was to say the actual proper name for "Jesus Christ" I would say Yeshua HaMashiach. As for "Judaism", the proper Hebrew term is Yahadut.
You are taking two contradictory positions.
You are arguing against my English, while using the exact same words.

Anyway, how do you pronounce the Tetragram?

The big issue is not Y/J.

Steven Avery

Rookie
You mean, how do you put HaShem into English? simply you don't. It's just YHWH.
HaShem is NOT a name like the Tetragram.

If I wanted to put HaShem into English, it would be "the Name".

You might say that it is a type of circumlocution, a way to not say the Name.
This can be permissable, but it tells you nothing about how to pronounce - יהוה

Nikōn

Veteran
You are taking two contradictory positions.
You are arguing against my English, while using the exact same words.
No I am not. English terms do not replace the Hebrew ones. The Hebrew ones are what is in the text itself, not English terms.
Colloquially in english-speaking culture we call them "Jews" and "Jesus" but these are not correct terms but ones that are so widespread in the English-speaking world that we've dug ourselves a hole with it.

Your thread is on the original language, to which you clearly have no knowledge of. The Bible wasn't written in English, it was written in Hebrew, Aramaic and Greek.

Anyway, how do you pronounce the Tetragram?

The big issue is not Y/J.
The name cannot be pronounced, period. There are thousands of attempted pronunciations out there though. "Yahweh" is one of the most shruggingly used pronunciations but there is none which has any practical (as "Jews" haven't used the word for over 2000 years) nor scholarly validation.

TokiEl

Superstar
Wow what a ridiculous thread.

Moses wrote God's name like this...

Maybe you see or understand the true significance of God's name ?

I won't hold my breath...