Japanese Society Is Pretty F-up.

rainerann

Star
They have evolved to having male Geisha's. Not entirely seeing why this means Japan is messed up. This sort of thing has always been part of their culture. It was the just the women who did this only. I don't understand it. I wouldn't want to pay someone to watch a sappy movie with me while I cry, but whatever. It is not really a change in their culture, so you are basically saying they were always a messed up culture; or, is it only messed up because the guys are doing it instead of the girls.

Personally, I think the girls are probably crying based on suggestion, so it isn't really an act of independence either. I wouldn't cry and don't usually cry watching movies or whatever. Except for that one movie The Great Gilly Hopkins. Oh my goodness when Kathy Bates character shows Gilly mercy so she will feel loved, I could start crying just thinking about it. But, seriously, I don't cry during movies that much.

LadyNocturna33

Established
They have evolved to having male Geisha's. .
Men have always played women's roles in theatre as long as it exists in Japan, look up Kabiku and Noh performance styles. The first Geisha were men too, very long back in time.
Geisha soon turned into an all female profession, but the occasional male Geisha is still not unusual. This is one of my favorite subjects, hence that I know about it.

Geisha are also not prostitutes, but artists. Oiran/Tayuu are prostitutes, and that has always been a female profession.

Trenton

Veteran
What in the actual FUCK?! Is that a LIVING squid? I love those creatures, theyre really intelligent. Sinse it moves that way, does it mean it's in pain? :'( Thinking the sauce could be too warm or stinging. Poor little creature.
The squid is dead. That is room temperature soy sauce, causing a chemical reaction in the squids body to move and constrict.

His head is cut open as you can see and he has no brain or beak anymore.

活イカ踊り丼
Katsu ika odoridon
"Squid dancing on rice bowl"
http://www.businessinsider.com/dancing-squid-bowl-japan-2016-3

Last edited:

Vixy

Star
http://www.businessinsider.com/dancing-squid-bowl-japan-2016-3?r=US&IR=T&IR=T
The squid is dead. That is room temperature soy sauce, causing a chemical reaction in the squids body to move and constrict.

His head is cut open as you can see and he has no brain or beak anymore.

活イカ踊り丼
Katsu ika odoridon
"Squid dancing on rice bowl"
http://www.businessinsider.com/dancing-squid-bowl-japan-2016-3
*chills* Yeah, read aboutit but still. Looks terrible, who eats that? Like having a big hairy spider put on a plate before you and then you pull a leg or four off.

Wahohoho! :'( Horribleeee!

rainerann

Star

Cocomj

Star
What in the actual FUCK?! Is that a LIVING squid? I love those creatures, theyre really intelligent. Sinse it moves that way, does it mean it's in pain? :'( Thinking the sauce could be too warm or stinging. Poor little creature.
Hi :)
I just wanted to say that i've been talking with and "watching" insta videos of many japanese people over the years and this is the 1st time i see something like that so umm no this place/restaurant is just bit more on the freaky side tbh 0_o