JAHtruth's Christmas teachings

JoChris

Superstar
On itablet.
Since bible student has been surprisingly hesitant to start a Jahtruth thread, I am doing him (?) a favour and giving the link his leader wrote.
http://jahtruth.net/xmas.htm
Bible student, since Jahtruth is your leader I think you have the right to serve the first ball in this discussion on Christmas.

I will say this general statement first though: A major weakness I see is that Jahtruth writes "objective-sounding" claims as if they have been factually proven/ supported by majority of researchers.

If these articles were handed into any secondary school or for assessment they would be given a low grade immediately. In university they would get a FAIL grade.In the Age of the Internet there is no excuse for such poor standard material with NO references **at all**. (How do I know all this for sure? It is because I got a postgraduate diploma in Library Science in 2007 )

Whoever does decide to read JAHtruth's website, please read this first http://flinders.libguides.com/evaluate
or at the very least follow several basic rules when reading its claims:

A - is it ACCURATE or personal opinion ONLY?
B- is it BALANCED (considering different options before making conclusions) or biased?
C - is it CURRENT (written using most recent information) or outdated?

JoChris

Superstar
I see my challenge on the other thread has been declined by bible student.
It looks like Jahtruth cannot be defended with anything but quotes and links so I was not the gutless one (Australian translation of lacking courage) after all.:)

So people please compare the above link with ones like:
https://carm.org/can-christians-celebrate-christmas
https://crossexamined.org/5-apologetics-questions-every-christian-learn-answer-christmas-edition/

Notice the difference in quality of communication, referencing of other information sources and how they keep on topic compared to Jahtruth's waffle.

My own position on Christmas is that I do not follow it. I know Christmas Day is a pagan festival adopted by the Roman Catholic church but renamed. My household's celebration of it is bare bones compared to traditional Northern Hemisphere celebrations. (Who wants roast dinners and Christmas pudding during a heat wave?)

Last edited:

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
It's another case of...

John 10 New King James Version (NKJV)

Jesus the True Shepherd
10 “Most assuredly, I say to you, he who does not enter the sheepfold by the door, but climbs up some other way, the same is a thief and a robber. 2 But he who enters by the door is the shepherd of the sheep. 3 To him the doorkeeper opens, and the sheep hear his voice; and he calls his own sheep by name and leads them out. 4 And when he brings out his own sheep, he goes before them; and the sheep follow him, for they know his voice.5 Yet they will by no means follow a stranger, but will flee from him, for they do not know the voice of strangers.” 6 Jesus used this illustration, but they did not understand the things which He spoke to them.

rBVaGVY4PrWAFKcKAAGuwJdgkJ4121.jpg

You have to feel sorry for JAHtruth... It must be as rewarding promoting deception to born again folk as it would be trying to sell thermal sleeping bags to sunbathers!

JoChris

Superstar
I think of this with JAH.

In a bizarre way I am starting to feel fond of bible student.
I just want to make him think about what he is actually trying to defend.
A faith that cannot be examined is a very weak faith.

DavidSon

Star
I think of this with JAH.

I saw that when it came out, pretty silly. It is total blasphemy to call yourself JAH (praise form of Jahovah). You call yourself God? Ratafari at least will include a name, like Jah Breeze, etc- they're not claiming to be be JAH the Holy One.

Sorry bible student but this is nonsense.

I saw that when it came out, pretty silly. It is total blasphemy to call yourself JAH (praise form of Jahovah). You call yourself God? Ratafari at least will include a name, like Jah Breeze, etc- they're not claiming to be be JAH the Holy One.

Sorry bible student but this is nonsense.
It's short for EliJAH - http://jahtruth.net/mal4

I'm not EliJAH b.t.w. but a disciple.

Last edited:

floss

Star
@bible_student

I tried making a donation to JAHtruth but seem to have a problem. Can you help?

Due to having to avoid the "Mark of the Beast" we now
do not accept credit-cards; cheques or money orders.

Please send donations to the following address:-

JAH,
c/o JAH Publications,
P. O. Box 561,
The Way Home - PMB 205,
Gibraltar,
(Via London).

Thank you very much.

NOTE: Please use sturdy/secure envelopes, but NOT padded envelopes as they get stopped by customs.

JoChris

Superstar
Short for EliJAH.
http://jahtruth.net/mal4

(I'm not Eli-JAH b.t.w. but a follower)
Thank you for coming to the thread.
I will try to not be too tough on you personally as you are a follower. JAHtruth's material needs to be dissected though.
The more I have read, the more I am alarmed that people could actually believe it all.

Do you know John Anthony Hill personally? If yes, is he Anthony John Hill or John Anthony Hill?

Last edited:
Thank you for coming to the thread.
I will try to not be too tough on you personally as you are a follower. JAHtruth's material needs to be dissected though.
The more I have read, the more I am alarmed that people could actually believe it all.

Do you know John Anthony Hill personally? If yes, is he Anthony John Hill or John Anthony Hill?
It needs to be thoroughly studied by any and by all of you, if any of you want to have a hope of surviving what is going to be happening in the world. Study it as hard as you can and don't let anyone (and I do mean absolutely ANYONE) stop you from doing so. You (we all) don't have a lot of time to do this, so better get to it.

Last edited:

JoChris

Superstar
It needs to be thoroughly studied by any and by all of you, if any of you want to have a hope of surviving what is going to be happening in the world. Study it as hard as you can and don't let anyone (and I do mean absolutely ANYONE) stop you from doing so. You don't have a lot of time to do so, so get to it.
How about you restart the Christmas discussion that had started in the other thread, depending on your time zone of course. (Please don't deprive yourself of sleep if you happen to see I am here, it is 3 pm my time.)

How is JAHtruth's anti-Christmas position different from other Christian churches who agree with you on this issue **in general**?

E.g.

For potential viewers sake: Jason Cooley is a Baptist pastor, similar in presentation style to Steven Anderson (but opposed to him doctrinally in a few matters). If you can't handle Anderson's style preaching you certainly won't like Cooley's style either.

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
Many Christians feel very strongly that time is very short now. There will indeed come a separation. Sadly, at least some people will "face the fire" and I would not want anyone I have met or interracted with to do so (just as you wouldn't).

Since gaining a clear grasp of the essentials of salvation seems the be the greatest battleground on this forum (and the wider world when they are not distracting themselves) NOW may well be the best moment to make sure that you are "in the truth". This is why, as @JoChris has said, we should consider our spiritual sources with the greatest care of all.

If I have been flippant with you, I apologise and also with Jo I'm happy to consider, cross examine and ask for clarity on the claims made by JAHtruth.

Truth has nothing to fear from the examination even of those currently not persuaded of it. Just as within academic institutions, ideas can be put into the public sphere without the force of persuasion and simply examined. Different conclusions may be reached, especially as all people bring forms of bias to the table, but in doing so, greater clarity on exactly what is being proposed often emerges, so welcome to the discussion @bible_student

Vytas

Star
Bible student did say he was not Jahtruth so I am giving him the benefit of the doubt.
Now we talking like it's a crime :) anyways you ruined my provocation, o but i end gossiping now (shame on me) and will check out his page .