I'VE GOT IT COVERED

Not sure what was better...his singing or his reply. Classic :D
View attachment 57941
I personally found his response a bit crass, but he could very well be responding to someone who trolls him, as some of his responses seemed to suggest. He does what he does for fun and admits when he's altered a track to make it sound better. I like the fact he's sincere and talented, and it comes across in all of his performances. He even did a Chicago cover and singing a Peter Cetera song is no easy task!

Frank Badfinger

Superstar
I personally found his response a bit crass, but he could very well be responding to someone who trolls him, as some of his responses seemed to suggest. He does what he does for fun and admits when he's altered a track to make it sound better. I like the fact he's sincere and talented, and it comes across in all of his performances. He even did a Chicago cover and singing a Peter Cetera song is no easy task!
Oh, I agree. It was crass - old school guy humor. I watched quite a few of his vids afterwards and was quite impressed. I'll have to check out the Cetera song. I love Chicago (pre-80s)

A day late, but I'm posting this because yesterday would've been George's 58th birthday. I have no problem saying I still miss him. His voice was phenomenal:

I remember this song playing on the radio back in the spring/summer of '83. Lol, thinking the junior prom was a huge deal. :p I'm impressed with singer singing and drumming. It appears Karen Carpenter isn't the only one who could do this:

This is a pretty neat band! As others have mentioned in the comments, it's a good arrangement of this song, as covering a Michael McDonald song is not easy:

Here they are again doing Chaka Khan's song. I just think this singer's cute! The first comment says it all: "Office Girl drops in on her lunch break and kills it!!!!"

This song needs no introduction. Well, for me, it doesn't, lol:

When it comes to evoking the same emotion, I think Dan and Martha come pretty close:

This song will always remind me of high school, regardless of when it's played. So funny to recall how my uncle, being a bass player, found Mark King so arrogant calling himself the greatest bass player... lol! Still makes me laugh remembering him making the comment:

Lisa Ritchie does a unique rendition. Such a lovely voice:

Bubbajay

Veteran
As a kid my dad use to play Queensryche constantly, and we both use to jam out to the song "the mission". Still love it today, and this is the best cover I ever heard

Given how I think covering any song sung by Stevie would be challenging, this girl isn't too bad. While I find she's just a tad bit flat, I don't think it takes away from her effort. Especially at 4:23 - WOW! o_O

Awoken2

Superstar
When this song came out it had quite a profound effect on me and even today remains in my top 5 songs.

I'll dedicate this version to all the posters here who are pretending to be someone they're not

....you know who you are

Listening to this brings back memories of being on the train to Montreal back in the fall of '91:

She's given the song an entirely different meaning, IMHO. She even does a neat rendition of Blue Oyster Cult's "The Reaper"

Great song, horrendous video (50 dollar job)

Great cover, with much much much better video :oops:

I think it was Professor of Rock who had someone from Journey describing the video, or he was describing it himself. Apparently, the Steve's real girlfriend didn't like the attention the girl in the video was getting from Steve and it caused a bit of a riff in their relationship. It was one of the reasons he had his real girlfriend in the "Oh Sherrie" video. That all said, yeah, it's a very cheesy '80's video for sure.

I stumbled across this:

Of course you'll have the last say being the Journey fan 'n all, but I think it's a good cover: