I'VE GOT IT COVERED

Awoken2

Superstar

I've managed to track down a cover that's just a little bit less stalkerish than the original.....better vocals also

Awoken2

Superstar

Attempted here on what appears to be a finely tuned knitting machine

Now I'm a rock fan but this?......nooooooooo!

I love the Massive Attack track! The video reminds me of the second verse in George Michael's "Waiting" when he sings:

"All those insecurities
That have held me down for so long
I can't say I've found a cure for these
But at least I know them
So they're not so strong"

Awoken2

Superstar
I love the Massive Attack track! The video reminds me of the second verse in George Michael's "Waiting" when he sings:

"All those insecurities
That have held me down for so long
I can't say I've found a cure for these
But at least I know them
So they're not so strong"
Angel is definitely in my top 5 favs. It has a unique element of being constructed from a simple baseline through to a very powerful peak then gets deconstructed back to it's baseline....genius.

Awoken2

Superstar

As in keeping with the rampant LGBGT agenda we are currently having rammed down our throats let's now listen to the track once Sam Smith has put it through the homofier. Let's be honest, Donna Sumners version was terribly hetro, which is fast becoming retro.

As in keeping with the rampant LGBGT agenda we are currently having rammed down our throats let's now listen to the track once Sam Smith has put it through the homofier. Let's be honest, Donna Sumners version was terribly hetro, which is fast becoming retro.

Sam Smith is way up there on the creepazoid scale. For me, there's just something about his eyes that don't seem trustworthy.

I actually like this song as it was more pleasing to the ear than "Girls Just Want to Have Fun":

However, I heard this on a jazz station and I had to find out who sang it because literally stopped me in my tracks. This rendition gave me chills:

Awoken2

Superstar
Sam Smith is way up there on the creepazoid scale. For me, there's just something about his eyes that don't seem trustworthy.

I actually like this song as it was more pleasing to the ear than "Girls Just Want to Have Fun":

However, I heard this on a jazz station and I had to find out who sang it because literally stopped me in my tracks. This rendition gave me chills:

I much prefer the original there. Although Wilson has a beautiful rich tone to her voice I thought the timing was a little off, like she had sang it acapella and the music was added on later.....it may be a jazz thing I dunno.

I much prefer the original there. Although Wilson has a beautiful rich tone to her voice I thought the timing was a little off, like she had sang it acapella and the music was added on later.....it may be a jazz thing I dunno.
I can appreciate what you're saying, as jazz seems to be musical improv. Cyndi sounds like she's singing about about a past relationship, whereas Cassandra sings as though she learned about the her's right before she got on stage.

Lisa

Superstar
U2 at live at redrocks was pretty awesome...

Ginny sure makes the song her own..

Awoken2

Superstar

If you thought Johnsons vocals were unique just wrap your ears around this stunning ladies version.