It's Time to Reconsider Malcolm X

Separate but equal might seem like a logical idea in theory, but in practice, it never worked out that way. How would you propose segregation would work?

The decision of whether the Fourteenth Amendment makes "separate but equal" schools unconstitutional, reduces down to the question: does a segregated school system conform to one's ideal of equality? Imagine two identical schools, each with similar gymnasiums, cafeterias and classrooms, each with equally good libraries and faculty. The only difference is that one is for Negroes, the other for whites. The courts of the Southern states claim this is all that is meant by equality and their attitude toward the sphere of the Fourteenth Amendment follows naturally from this belief.

But there is another, wider view of equality, held today by many of this country's foremost lawyers. It is one which makes a good deal of sense. It is the belief that the very act of segregation vitiates the superficial equality of facilities. Despite the talk about equality, a Negro child is treated as unequal by being told that he cannot attend school with white children, for the plain implication is that he is not good enough to go to school with them. If he is so marked, then he is not being treated equally under the law.

Unfortunately, a Negro in this country will be treated as unequal and inferior all through his life by individuals and organizations. But governmental action can do little about this. Inequality in the social sphere must be done away by the hard, slow work of individuals and social agencies. But, if this is so, then it is all the more important that the government, within its sphere, should not condone any from of inequality. Separate schools are not equal except in the most superficial sense of the word. The Supreme Court should abolish them now that it has the opportunity.

Written: November 20, 1953

Last edited:

Kung Fu

Superstar
There is lots of evidence for what I say about islam...

Otherwise..you have yet to post a single article about the US or Israel being baby killers...and linking that to me. This also isn’t the thread for this discussion..you are derailing this thread for no reason.
You must be a special kind of stupid. I posted articles in regards to your question for proof both of American and Israeli soldiers responsible for the death of babies and you never responded back (Random Christian thoughts thread post number 123 on Saturday). I wonder why :rolleyes:

You keep on lying.

Also, I reported you for trolling because you keep on lying. You ask for evidence I quote you and provide it but you never respond and then days later you say I didn't. Then you rinse and repeat the cycle all over again. It's getting tiresome, troll.

Last edited:

Cherry14

Established
I don't believe anyone should be held accountable for the sins of others.

BUT if you're going to argue for Jews receiving billions and land which belongs to others based on what happened in the past by a different generation of people than you sure as hell should have to argue for blacks receiving money based on what happened to them. You know so you don't sound like a hypocrite.
I didn't mention jews or land which it belong to them since the beginning and it's not like they have a lot.
It sounds to me that you are very obsessed with race, thristy for free money and a separation which maybe it wouldn't be so bad that way if things were to go south you won't have anyone to blame but yourselves.

Kung Fu

Superstar
I didn't mention jews or land which it belong to them since the beginning and it's not like they have a lot.
It sounds to me that you are very obsessed with race, thristy for free money and a separation which maybe it wouldn't be so bad that way if things were to go south you won't have anyone to blame but yourselves.
Lol. First off, I wasn't talking to you so you have no context and just decided to throw out assumptions. If you can read you would see I was talking to another poster. Second, I'm not black.

Before you come in here making assumptions learn how to read accordingly before you start jumping in and interrupting the conversation. The alphabet would be a good start.

Now that that's out of the way. Tell me, are you a Christian? Do I know you? Did you have an alternate name on here in the past? Answer truthfully now :)

Also, the land didn't belong to them. If it did it wouldn't have been called Palestine prior to 1947.

Cherry14

Established
Lol. First off, I wasn't talking to you so you have no context and just decided to throw out assumptions. If you can read you would see I was talking to another poster. Second, I'm not black.

Before you come in here making assumptions learn how to read accordingly before you start jumping in and interrupting the conversation. The alphabet would be a good start.

Now that that's out of the way. Tell me, are you a Christian? Do I know you? Did you have an alternate name on here in the past? Answer truthfully now :)

Also, the land didn't belong to them. If it did it wouldn't have been called Palestine prior to 1947.
https://www.britannica.com/place/Israel (read it if you can/want)
Fine then just ignore the part about the money
I Thought this was a public forum sorry for interrupting please continue

morita

Veteran
Separate but equal might seem like a logical idea in theory, but in practice, it never worked out that way. How would you propose segregation would work?

The decision of whether the Fourteenth Amendment makes "separate but equal" schools unconstitutional, reduces down to the question: does a segregated school system conform to one's ideal of equality? Imagine two identical schools, each with similar gymnasiums, cafeterias and classrooms, each with equally good libraries and faculty. The only difference is that one is for Negroes, the other for whites. The courts of the Southern states claim this is all that is meant by equality and their attitude toward the sphere of the Fourteenth Amendment follows naturally from this belief.

But there is another, wider view of equality, held today by many of this country's foremost lawyers. It is one which makes a good deal of sense. It is the belief that the very act of segregation vitiates the superficial equality of facilities. Despite the talk about equality, a Negro child is treated as unequal by being told that he cannot attend school with white children, for the plain implication is that he is not good enough to go to school with them. If he is so marked, then he is not being treated equally under the law.

Unfortunately, a Negro in this country will be treated as unequal and inferior all through his life by individuals and organizations. But governmental action can do little about this. Inequality in the social sphere must be done away by the hard, slow work of individuals and social agencies. But, if this is so, then it is all the more important that the government, within its sphere, should not condone any from of inequality. Separate schools are not equal except in the most superficial sense of the word. The Supreme Court should abolish them now that it has the opportunity.

Written: November 20, 1953
If black people had their own lands and their own schools, do you really think they would care about attending all-white schools? Do you really think they would care that whites don't see them as equal, if they didn't live under a white governement?
Or are you implying that whiteness is so inherently superior that black epople would still be yearning for white validation even when we already have our own schools, government, constitution, etc...

This mindset that everthing white is somehow better is why de-segregation was a mistake. They placed more value on being in proximity to whiteness, instead of placing value on creating their own structures and institutions.

“The function, the very serious function of racism is distraction. It keeps you from doing your work. It keeps you explaining, over and over again, your reason for being. Somebody says you have no language and you spend twenty years proving that you do. Somebody says your head isn’t shaped properly so you have scientists working on the fact that it is. Somebody says you have no art, so you dredge that up. Somebody says you have no kingdoms, so you dredge that up. None of this is necessary. There will always be one more thing.” - Toni Morrison.

And that article was written in 1953! come on...

Last edited:
If black people had their own lands and their own schools, do you really think they would care about attending all-white schools? Do you really think they would care that whites don't see them as equal, if they didn't live under a white governement?
Or do you think that whiteness is so inherently superior that black epople would still be yearning for white validation even when we already have our own schools, government, constitution, etc...

This mindset that everthing white is somehow better is why de-segregation was a mistake. They placed more value on being in proximity to whiteness, instead of placing value on creating their own structures and institutions.

“The function, the very serious function of racism is distraction. It keeps you from doing your work. It keeps you explaining, over and over again, your reason for being. Somebody says you have no language and you spend twenty years proving that you do. Somebody says your head isn’t shaped properly so you have scientists working on the fact that it is. Somebody says you have no art, so you dredge that up. Somebody says you have no kingdoms, so you dredge that up. None of this is necessary. There will always be one more thing.” - Toni Morrison.

And that article was written in 1953! come on...
You're twisting the issue. I never implied that everything White/proximity to 'whiteness' is somehow better. Its like saying the Jews thought everything non-Jewish/Aryan was better, which is why they fought against the order for Aryan and Jewish schooling to become separate in the 1930s. That's completely false. They fought against the order because they saw no difference between themselves, Jews, and the non-Jews; they recognised that they had as much right to attend that school as non-Jews had. The point of the article stands and its argument is sound, despite its age. Why can a black child not attend a white school? That isn't 'separate but equal'. That's telling a black kid that they need to be separated from white kids because there's something about them that means they don't warrant being able to attend the same school, i.e. their skin colour.

Events don't occur in vacuums. Don't you think that if white and black facilities and institutions were to become separate, a black child would not ask their parent why the separation had occurred, why they weren't allowed to see their old friends and teachers anymore? What would the parent tell that child? 'Son, you can't go to that school because you're not white.'

African Americans appealed to whites, not because they though whiteness was better, but because it was whites who had brought them to America as slaves in the first place.

Also, what about my previous point. Should Rosa Parks have given up her seat, and gone and set up her own bus company? What would that have achieved? Nothing. The man who asked her to give up her seat would have remained hostile towards her, on account of her skin colour. She stood up for herself. She told him that she had as much right to be there as he did. And that's how things changed, for the better.

Again, you say that African Americans ought to set up their own state, with their own institutions. But how? How would that work? Which land would they use? What about whites already living there? What about Blacks and Whites who are part of one another's families? How would you define who was 'Black' and who was 'White'? It isn't a clear cut issue.

morita

Veteran
You're twisting the issue. I never implied that everything White/proximity to 'whiteness' is somehow better. Its like saying the Jews thought everything non-Jewish/Aryan was better, which is why they fought against the order for Aryan and Jewish schooling to become separate in the 1930s. That's completely false. They fought against the order because they saw no difference between themselves, Jews, and the non-Jews; they recognised that they had as much right to attend that school as non-Jews had. The point of the article stands and its argument is sound, despite its age. Why can a black child not attend a white school? That isn't 'separate but equal'. That's telling a black kid that they need to be separated from white kids because there's something about them that means they don't warrant being able to attend the same school, i.e. their skin colour.

Events don't occur in vacuums. Don't you think that if white and black facilities and institutions were to become separate, a black child would not ask their parent why the separation had occurred, why they weren't allowed to see their old friends and teachers anymore? What would the parent tell that child? 'Son, you can't go to that school because you're not white.'

African Americans appealed to whites, not because they though whiteness was better, but because it was whites who had brought them to America as slaves in the first place.

Also, what about my previous point. Should Rosa Parks have given up her seat, and gone and set up her own bus company? What would that have achieved? Nothing. The man who asked her to give up her seat would have remained hostile towards her, on account of her skin colour. She stood up for herself. She told him that she had as much right to be there as he did. And that's how things changed, for the better.

Again, you say that African Americans ought to set up their own state, with their own institutions. But how? How would that work? Which land would they use? What about whites already living there? What about Blacks and Whites who are part of one another's families? How would you define who was 'Black' and who was 'White'? It isn't a clear cut issue.
You're talking about the context of today, while black people are assmilated to whites.
The context I'm talking about is if black peole had their own lands, governments, and infrastructures. Can you read??
Why would black people want to attend all-white schools if they can attend an all-black school?

And if you can use an article of 1953 and it's still relevant today, it means that not a lot of things has evolved since de-segregation. One more proof that it's not working.

Last edited:
You're talking about the context of today, while black people are assmilated to whites.
The context I'm talking about is if black peole had their own lands, governments, and infrastructures. Can you read??
Why would black people want to attend all-white schools if they can attend an all-black school?

And if you can use an article of 1953 and it's still relevant today, it means that not a lot of things has evolved since de-segregation. One more proof that it's not working.
That's a big if. How would you propose segregation would work, how would you set up an exclusively black state within the geographic boundaries of the United States?

People on here should be talking less about black people creating their own state and more about how to stop cops from indiscriminately killing black people simply for being black.
Segregation would solve no problems, but instead, let them fester.

Kung Fu

Superstar
Segregation would solve no problems, but instead, let them fester.
The more they talk about segregation and less about police brutality towards black people the more I realize that white people, mostly evangelical white Christians, are still as racist today as they were back in the 50s and 60s. Their true colours really are showing. Nothing has really changed.

Last edited:

morita

Veteran
People on here should be talking less about black people creating their own state and more about how to stop cops from indiscriminately killing black people simply for being black.
You're talking about me?

Racism is a white people's problem though.
What do you think black people can do to solve it? Stop sagging their pants, and not wear dreadlocks so they won't be targeted by the police? Please...