That You would take my place

That You would bear my cross

You laid down Your life

That I would be set free

Oh, Jesus, I sing for

All that You've done for me.

---Phil Wickham

Once upon a time...at the very beginning of time;

In the beginning God created heaven and earth. God also created man in His image, from the dust of the earth and breathing life into him. God, showing His versatility, also created woman by putting the man to sleep and taking his rib,using that to create woman. He put them in a garden called Eden and left them in charge of everything he created before them, telling them that the only thing they couldn't do was eat the fruit of the tree the knowledge of good and evil, telling them "For in the day you eat if it you shall surely die."

That day did come as Eve was speaking to a serpent (who knew they could talk) and the serpent says to Eve "Has God said that you shall not eat from any tree in the garden?" Pretty sly way to steer someone in the wrong direction...as he tells her surely you won't die...and here it comes.."For God knows that in the day you eat from it your eyes will be open and and you will be like God, knowing good and evil."

She couldn't resist and eats the fruit and gives some to her husband Adam.

Why am I spending the time on this "story"? Because this "story" is pertinent to the human condition, in fact it's the reason we have all our troubles.

The Bible says therefore just as through one man sin entered into the world, and death through sin, and so death spread to all men, because all sinned.

What is sin? Well, sin is something you do say or think that displeases God. It's disobedience like Adam and Eve in the garden. Do you lie? That's sin...Have you murdered anyone? Even if you call someone a bad name it is considered murder, because it's what is in your heart that comes out of your mouth.

The Bible says it's also what you think...you don't even have to do it or say it, you could just think it and not even act upon it! God says that even if you look at someone with lust it's just as bad as having the affair.

Who can live up to this? No one-All have sinned and fall short of the glory of God! This is how God judges...

However, this isn't just about sin, it's about Amazing Grace! Who's grace? God's grace! While it is God who's holiness has been disobeyed, it is God's grace which brings us back to Him. How Amazing that God would think of taking our punishment upon Himself, paying our price, Himself!

Because that is just what Jesus did for us. The Bible tells us that He is God the Son and that He came down from heaven to be born half human so that He could live life here on earth as man...yet also as God. It's his perfect sacrifice, on our behalf that saves us. He became sin for us sinners, taken our punishment for us, that before we knew Him he died for us. He lovingly died so that we could live, so that we could be reconciled to the Father. You don't have to be good enough and in fact you can't be good enough to be reconciled in your own way or by your own actions. It was Jesus who was good enough , God even says "This is My Son in whom I'm well pleased." It's Jesus through His once for all sacrifice that bridges the gap and reconciles us to His Father. That is what the Bible calls the Good News, there is hope for us sinners and that hope is God the Son, Jesus!

I hope and I pray dear friends that you would pray to Jesus. That you would tell Him that you know you're a sinner, that you do, say or think things that don't please God (think the Ten Commandments) and tell Him you believe He is God the Son and you believe He took the punishment for your sins...ask Him to forgive you and come into your life now.

God says that once you do that, he will send the helper, His Holy Spirit who will help you by teaching you things and showing you the truth from the Bible. We must always have the help of God as we live our lives...sin in crouching at the door and the enemy, satan, that roaring lion is always roaming, looking for someone to devour!

So, you see it's not just a story, a bedtime story, it's the story of all stories! About a world full of sin but a story of a loving, graceful God who, while we were still sinners would die for us, because He loves us and wants all to be saved from death, from the punishment of sin.

And you don't have to just take my word for it...ask Jesus to show you the truth, open the Bible to Genesis, the first book in the Bible and read about how sin came to be. Go to the books of Matthew, Mark, Luke and John and read about how incredibly selfless Jesus is to die for us sinners and finally open up the book of Romans where Paul the apostle talks about God's amazing grace! :)

"This Is Amazing Grace"

[Verse 1:]

Who breaks the power of sin and darkness?

Whose love is mighty and so much stronger?

The King of Glory, the King above all kings

[Chorus:]

This is amazing grace

This is unfailing love

That You would take my place

That You would bear my cross

You laid down Your life

That I would be set free

Oh, Jesus, I sing for

All that You've done for me

--Phil Wickham

God bless you all and lead you to the truth and to salvation through His only begotten Son Jesus Christ. :)

Camidria

Veteran
I once asked God (Yahuwah) to explain to me why it seems like He had no mercy in the old testament and God explained that He is so incredibly Holy and pure, He gave me a metaphor: He is Holy and pure like a pure light. When we His children sin we are like darkness, when a light is put on in the darkness it 'destroys' the darkness in a sense. That is what happened in the old testament, because of God's Holiness we couldn't come into His presence.

When Jesus (Yeshua) died on the cross His blood covered our sin (our darkness) and therefore we are now holy before God and can have a personal relationship with Him through faith in Jesus and relationship with Jesus (Yeshua). Through His grace not works so no one can boast!