It is Time

Tikawanda

Established
So people think it's unlikely that they're just mistaken, and more likely that someone has changed the timeline and altered trivial details? :rolleyes:

Carolyn

Star
the theory I have is that we are in a computer simulation and that all information is stored in a database, so if a type of information is altered it will alter all instances of that infomation that are linked to it but our memories are of the original information. But why would they change that information, maybe it wasnt deliberate and there was some kind of error or a software database update was applied that changed or altered some types of information in the database, if that was the possible explanation then all individual instances of a piece of information would automatically change all the way back to the beginning of the database not just at the part it was changed!!

I also wonder if some supernatural events could be linked back to this, like for instance reincarnation stories where for instance each person has a certain amount of space in the database and when they die its deleted and the space reused but all the information isnt properly deleted and some remains or something along those lines. Dejavu are like game checkpoints like you get in a game when you die you dont go all the way back to the beginning just your last level or save point in the game before you died or something happened that caused you to go back.

rainerann

Star
So people think it's unlikely that they're just mistaken, and more likely that someone has changed the timeline and altered trivial details? :rolleyes:
Most of the discussion on this is not that the timeline is being altered to mess with people's heads. It is suggested the Mandela effect is a byproduct of experiments including the hadron collider at CERN. Therefore, it is not intentional manipulation and there is not an effort to get people to realize that this is happening resulting in the subtle suspicion that it is happening.

mecca

Superstar
It is suggested the Mandela effect is a byproduct of experiments including the hadron collider at CERN.
But where is the connection in the first place? What's the proof that CERN's actions cause it? Why would CERN's experiments affect people's memories of small and trivial details in old movies? A better explanation would be that people don't have the most perfect memories especially concerning unimportant things.

Carolyn

Star
Different people have different perspectives on what is important! ;)

mecca

Superstar
Different people have different perspectives on what is important! ;)
Ok but how is a character with a gun in one scene or the spelling of a kids TV show important in the grand scheme of things? Even our brains don't think it's important because we can't even remember it correctly... it's too trivial.

Carolyn

Star
Ok but how is a character with a gun in one scene or the spelling of a kids TV show important in the grand scheme of things? Even our brains don't think it's important because we can't even remember it correctly... it's too trivial.
Yeah but thats your belief, others believe otherwise. Just because something isnt important to you doesnt mean its the same for others, who knows the reasons are but? What can you do. Im not fully on board with it myself, some of the claims to me seem pointless but at the same time the heart thing I mentioned the other day I find kinda strange because I know what I was taught in biology and am not that old that x-rays were'nt around then lol am not the only persion to have mentioned the heart thing.

Some people believe in supernatural religious occourences, some believe theres something to the mandella effect.

Violette

Star
Mandela effect is known i don't know for sure but lets say 5 years. So before that humans had good memory ? Your explanation is piss-poor...
Everyone is skeptic until they find their own mandela they are 100 % sure about... For me it was a world map...Geography was my favorite subject at school. I knew world map by heart including all countries, capitals, demographical information etc..
Continent of south America used to be almost directly beneath north America, but now it's so far east it's ridiculous, Panama used to be almost vertical. Distance between Brazil and Africa is less than Brazil width?....Bad memory my ass...
I loved geography too :) maps are notoriously distorted though. Look at Greenland, it’s almost the size of Africa when in reality Africa is 14x bigger than Greenland. I do believe in the Mandela effect though.