Israel-Iran

Lisa

Superstar
So their lives are just disposable cannon fodder to you. Good to know.
No, but they chose their job. I would imagine that they have great pride in what they do so why would I feel sorry for something they chose?

Lisa

Superstar
Given the American love for human rights such as "freedom of speech" I would have fought that chanting "death to America" is quite permissible. Maybe actually trying to bring it about is not such a good idea but wishing for the fall of the evil empire and burning a few flags doesn't seem so heinously immoral to me.

As for things like the hostage situation which was when, like, the 70's I think? Compare that to all the shit "uncle sam" has done in South America and elsewhere for the sake of the mighty dollar and the beloved corporation...
You can chant it..it’s when you turn that into action that things get ugly.

We are so evil but people want to come here and live....ok?

That’s why I said that your comeuppance can come when you least expect it. You can only spout off so much until someone comes along to shut you up.

Like the US is more evil than other countries..there are more evil countries that don’t even provide their citizens with any freedom at all..

justjess

Superstar
It’s their job and I would think any wife would have to deal with that fact. They must know that their men could be deployed at any time in case the US finds themselves in a military situation. Maybe they don’t like it, but you’d still have to deal with it.

Their job is to go anywhere the commander in chief sends them really.

It’s tough getting along with anybody but I would think it very tough to get along with other nations especially ones that have held your people as hostages before and chant death to your country more times than not. Sometimes your comeuppance comes when you don’t expect it.
We initiated a coup in Iran in the 50’s and Forcibly removed their elected leader to replace him with the regime and the consequences we are now dealing with Lisa. You have a tendency to oversimplify and obfuscate to serve your purposes and interests in what can only be described as a dishonest irrational manner. We have no business in the Middle East, never should have went there and at the very least should have pulled our people out over a decade ago.

Since you refuse to answer my question I can only assume you have no personal relationships with any members of the military and effectively no skin in this game other than taxes (which your happy to spend so long as it doesn’t go to those wretched poor people) and higher gas prices which considering the amount of time you spend on here I doubt you leave your home often. Coupled with a hatred of Muslims and an irrational love of Israel it makes perfect sense you’d be a-ok with committing American lives and resources to this pointless endeavor.

Last edited:

Lisa

Superstar
We initiated a coup in Iran in the 50’s and Fire evils removed their elected leader to replace him with the regime and the consequences we are now dealing with Lisa. You have a tendency to oversimplify and obfuscate to serve your purposes and interests in what can only be described as a dishonest irrational manner. We have no business in the Middle East, never should have went there and at the very least should have pulled our people out over a decade ago.

Since you refuse to answer my question I can only assume you have no personal relationships with any members of the military and effectively no skin in this game other than taxes (which your happy to spend so long as it doesn’t go to those wretched poor people) and higher gas prices which considering the amount of time you spend on here I doubt you leave your home often. Coupled with a hatred of Muslims and an irrational love of Israel it makes perfect sense you’d be a-ok with committing American lives and resources to this pointless endeavor.
Is it wrong to think that people sign up for the military actually want to be in the military? That they like all that comes with being in the military and don’t have a problem being called up to use the skills they’ve been trained for? I don’t see the problem with honoring their choice...

We aren’t the only nation in the world in other countries. The UN sends their peacekeepers all over the world...and maybe they shouldn’t be there doing that either considering that whenever they go there’s some sort of sex scandal because of their troops...at least you our troops don’t r*pe little girls wherever they go.

I honor their commitment...no one is in the armed forces who don’t want to be.

Kais_1

Star
did anyone see the numbers

22 missiles fired

32 sites of interest for the iranians

52 sites of interest for the usa

i know what it means....coz i used my brain to figure it out

justjess

Superstar
Is it wrong to think that people sign up for the military actually want to be in the military? That they like all that comes with being in the military and don’t have a problem being called up to use the skills they’ve been trained for? I don’t see the problem with honoring their choice...

We aren’t the only nation in the world in other countries. The UN sends their peacekeepers all over the world...and maybe they shouldn’t be there doing that either considering that whenever they go there’s some sort of sex scandal because of their troops...at least you our troops don’t r*pe little girls wherever they go.

I honor their commitment...no one is in the armed forces who don’t want to be.
You really don’t understand economics or psychology do you? Signing up for the military isn’t always entirely VOLUNTARY. You don’t see to many trust fund babies signing up do you? Nor does signing up mean you want to die or that your willing to die for any and all presumed causes - many are happy to die to truly protect their country, this isn’t a case of that.

Lisa

Superstar
You really don’t understand economics or psychology do you? Signing up for the military isn’t always entirely VOLUNTARY. You don’t see to many trust fund babies signing up do you? Nor does signing up mean you want to die or that your willing to die for any and all presumed causes - many are happy to die to truly protect their country, this isn’t a case of that.
No one forces anyone to sign up... it’s voluntary ya know and no one forces anyone to re-enlist either.

justjess

Superstar
"Our President will start a war with Iran because he has absolutely no ability to negotiate. He's weak, and he's ineffective. So I believe that he will attack Iran sometime prior to the election, because he thinks that's the only way he can get elected." - Trump, 2011.

weskrongden

Veteran
I don’t see how this was Israel trying to get the US to fight a war...they weren’t even involved. Besides it looks like Iran may have calmed down...their foreign minister says he doesn’t want war.

We do not seek escalation or war': Iran's foreign minister says it has 'concluded' retaliation after Tehran targets US troops in missile attacks as Trump tweets 'all is well' and says he will deliver statement today
Hopefully it ends there but I wouldn't count on it. What started all these tensions to begin with? Pulling out of the Iran nuclear deal and imposing crippling sanctions. Israel lobbied hard for that. It's true that it would be a gross oversimplification to put this all on Israel. There are powerful forces in the US who have wanted war with Iran for a long time. Oil is up sharply today. The military industrial complex is always pushing for war. A lot of people get rich off wars, just look at Iraq and Halliburton.

Last edited:

Lisa

Superstar
Hopefully it ends there but I wouldn't count on it. What started all these tensions to begin with? Pulling out of the Iran nuclear deal and imposing crippling sanctions. Israel lobbied hard for that. It's true that it would be a gross oversimplification to put this all on Israel. There are powerful forces in the US who have wanted war with Iran for a long time. Oil is up sharply today. The military industrial complex is always pushing for war. A lot of people get rich off wars, just look at Iraq and Halliburton.
It doesn’t seem like their counter attack did anything to our troops so it may be that trump lets it go.

Who can blame Israel for wanting someone to put pressure on Iran who causes unrest in their country?

I think if people wanted war with Iran for a long time..they would have found a way to get it before this. I did wonder however if it was going to be like taking out Hussein or Gaddafi and what that would signify if they did take out Iran’s leadership.

I think it’s interesting that Iran’s friend, Russia didn’t really say much.

Lisa

Superstar
How voluntary is it when you can’t feed your kids? Find a job? Afford medical care? Housing?

Go read something Lisa.
All the same reasons why people become prostitutes according to you...you should try to come up with fresh reasons sometimes.

justjess

Superstar
All the same reasons why people become prostitutes according to you...you should try to come up with fresh reasons sometimes.
The reasons are universal and unfortunately apply to many things.

I actually know quite a few people in the military Lisa. Only one or two of them joined for any reason other than money and lack of other options.

You really should try getting in touch with the actual human condition. And yet again, go read something other than a bible and Fox news

Lisa

Superstar
The reasons are universal and unfortunately apply to many things.
Apparently they do...:rolleyes:

I actually know quite a few people in the military Lisa. Only one or two of them joined for any reason other than money and lack of other options.
But..do you know every reason someone’s joined? Bet ya don’t...so until then...stop trying to act like you are the forum expert on why people join the army.

Lol..like I’ve said over and over...I don’t go to fox news for my news...sorry to disappoint you.

I think I’m more in touch with the human condition than you..I don‘t give phony excuses to everything and I can accept that people join the military because they want to. I can also accept that maybe their family members can be anxious about their loved one being in the military and perhaps be sent to a war zone..but I can also see that you’d have to deal with it and be supportive if that’s your loved ones job...at least until they got out of the military. You forgot to mention that the reason young men join is because the military trains you and pays for college....

Lisa

Superstar
What started all these tensions to begin with?
Maybe this?
The US military contractor who was killed in a rocket attack in Iraq last month has been buried in Northern California after his death ignited a series of reprisals between the U.S. and Iran.

Lisa

Superstar
Were they just trying to make it look good then?

Iran DELIBERATELY failed to hit US military targets in Iraq missile attack for fear of escalating conflict with Donald Trump, intelligence sources reveal

Kais_1

Star
did anyone see the numbers

22 missiles fired

32 sites of interest for the iranians

52 sites of interest for the usa

i know what it means....coz i used my brain to figure it out
10 and 20

i suggest you all take a look at the quran

justjess

Superstar
Apparently they do...:rolleyes:

But..do you know every reason someone’s joined? Bet ya don’t...so until then...stop trying to act like you are the forum expert on why people join the army.

Lol..like I’ve said over and over...I don’t go to fox news for my news...sorry to disappoint you.

I think I’m more in touch with the human condition than you..I don‘t give phony excuses to everything and I can accept that people join the military because they want to. I can also accept that maybe their family members can be anxious about their loved one being in the military and perhaps be sent to a war zone..but I can also see that you’d have to deal with it and be supportive if that’s your loved ones job...at least until they got out of the military. You forgot to mention that the reason young men join is because the military trains you and pays for college....
Pays for college. Read your own words. Say them out loud a couple times if u have to. That is a FINANCIAL REASON. College is free everywhere else in the developed world (and most other places as well). That isn’t a true voluntary reason. That is a means to an end because we provide no other.

Do some research Lisa, it is well known most recruits are from the lower classes and join for financial reasons. Loads of research to back this up. Not just my opinion.

justjess

Superstar