Islamic Videos: All Welcome

Rec

Rookie
Why are all Islamic pictures/videos threads so focused on anti-Christian polemic?

Kung Fu

Superstar
Why are all Islamic pictures/videos threads so focused on anti-Christian polemic?
Why do so many Christians say Islam is from the Devil?

I remember in the old forums everything was anti-Islam.

Also, I'm not sure if these videos are attacks on Christianity. You could be just reading way too into it.

Rec

Rookie
I'm not interested in childish "he did it first" responses. Actually, there is an emphasis here on propagating Islamic beliefs by demeaning Christian beliefs, especially in the last video showing why the Trinity is "invalid". To disprove another's belief is not the same as proving your own, so that video is not about Islam unless you think that because a debater presupposes Islamic beliefs in criticising another religion then the argument is Islamic. Even if this was a fair tactic, there is a huge want of videos showing converts of other religions to Islam who are criticising their former beliefs. This won't happen, though, because Islam cannot stand alone, that is, without its beliefs constantly being distinguished from Christianity.

Last edited:

JoChris

Superstar
Because they know that Christianity and Islam cannot be reconciled no matter what PC religious leaders say.

Serveto

Star
In the Quran one finds a sort of ongoing dialog, often preceded by the expression: "Say [to the], People of the Book," which would be primarily to Jews and Christians. One of the things Muslims are instructed to say is (I paraphrase from memory): "let us come to terms, that we associate no partners with God," and things of that nature. To them, generally speaking, and if I may in this case speak for them, the concept of the Trinity seems exactly that: a confusing, confused, hypostatic partnership of conjoined gods, to state it bluntly. So if and when they find people who have obeyed the Quran and embraced Islam, they make videos about it. If that is considered offensive, as a possible antidote, consider watching -or reading- some inter-Christian Protestant/Catholic "dialog," more accurately, polemic, wherein Catholics are accused of "Mariolatry," the pope is identified with Antichrist and the eucharist is considered a rite of cannibalism. Compared to that, most of these anti-Trinitarian vids are tame.

Last edited:
It is also a principle of our faith to believe in the Messiah, Jesus son of Mary, as Almighty God's great and blessed prophet who was sent to the Children of Israel to call them back to the true religion - complete submission to the Will of God and making all worship sincere for Him Alone.

So when Muslims post Islamic pictures or videos about Christianity, it is to clarify the truth about Jesus in hopes that those who follow the man made religion of Christianity may be guided to truth by God's Leave.

Rec

Rookie
So if and when they find people who have obeyed the Quran and embraced Islam, they make videos about it. If that is considered offensive, as a possible antidote, consider watching -or reading- some inter-Christian Protestant/Catholic "dialog," more accurately, polemic, wherein Catholics are accused of "Mariolatry," the pope is identified with Antichrist and the eucharist is considered a rite of cannibalism. Compared to that, most of these anti-Trinitarian vids are tame.
I didn't insinuate that I was offended by it. And there is no harm in meaningful dialogue, which must be allowed for if one is to posit arguments against the doctrines of another religion, even if those arguments come in the form of video walls. It would be more respectable if the arguments had substance but this, I think, is impossible since the Christian doctrine of the Trinity has a historical precedent whereas Islamic Christology wholly does away with the reality of the historical method and the burden of proof and relies on the supposed "revelations" of a man having no connections to the events he's describing, which he received from a God who talks to himself (how does this work if God is a single personage?). There is a lot more I could say about the last video but I will defer for the time being.

I made the point that (based on the nature of the last couple of pages) it's as though Islam has more to say about Christ and Christian doctrine, through representatives like Dr. Laurence Brown and Ahmed Deedat, than it does about Muhammad and his doctrines. This only shows the last statement in my last post to be accurate: Islam stands in contradistinction to the Faith so called after the Christ. This opinion is not new: the ancients believed Islam was a Christian heresy and even the earliest Islamic creedal inscriptions on the Dome of the Rock spend a greater deal of their content talking about "Jesus, the Messiah, the son of Mary", and so on.

It is good if one is confused about the Mysteries of God: they are very close to realising that God is incomprehensible. And it is natural to be drawn to the one who said: "Take my yoke upon you, and learn from me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart; and you will find rest for your souls." (Mat.11.29) Who, though coming in the form of a common man, and enduring a shameful death on a cross, is the Creator of the Cosmos co-operating with his beloved creation, namely man, by entering the world and becoming a historical person that he may preach the Good News of the coming of the Kingdom of God on earth; who saves us from destruction. I, personally, would rather believe on the Name of the Lord Jesus Christ than the Pseudo-Jesus (Eesa), "Son of Maryam" of the Koran who allegedly didn't do or say anything that confirms a doctrine that "don't make sense".

Last edited:

Kung Fu

Superstar
I didn't insinuate that I was offended by it. And there is no harm in meaningful dialogue, which must be allowed for if one is to posit arguments against the doctrines of another religion, even if those arguments come in the form of video walls. It would be more respectable if the arguments had substance but this, I think, is impossible since the Christian doctrine of the Trinity has a historical precedent whereas Islamic Christology wholly does away with the reality of the historical method and the burden of proof and relies on the supposed "revelations" of a man having no connections to the events he's describing, which he received from a God who talks to himself (how does this work if God is a single personage?). There is a lot more I could say about the last video but I will defer for the time being.

I made the point that (based on the nature of the last couple of pages) it's as though Islam has more to say about Christ and Christian doctrine, through representatives like Dr. Laurence Brown and Ahmed Deedat, than it does about Muhammad and his doctrines. This only shows the last statement in my last post to be accurate: Islam stands in contradistinction to the Faith so called after the Christ. This opinion is not new: the ancients believed Islam was a Christian heresy and even the earliest Islamic creedal inscriptions on the Dome of the Rock spend a greater deal of their content talking about "Jesus, the Messiah, the son of Mary", and so on.

It is good if one is confused about the Mysteries of God: they are very close to realising that God is incomprehensible. And it is natural to be drawn to the one who said: "Take my yoke upon you, and learn from me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart; and you will find rest for your souls." (Mat.11.29) Who, though coming in the form of a common man, and enduring a shameful death on a cross, is the Creator of the Cosmos co-operating with his beloved creation, namely man, by entering the world and becoming a historical person that he may preach the Good News of the coming of the Kingdom of God on earth; who saves us from destruction. I, personally, would rather believe on the Name of the Lord Jesus Christ than the Pseudo-Jesus (Eesa), "Son of Maryam" of the Koran who allegedly didn't do or say anything that confirms a doctrine that "don't make sense".
You typed out 3 long paragraphs and haven't really said anything. Is there something you wanted to discuss or are you going to continue writing out your opinions in such a general sense?

Serveto

Star
I didn't insinuate that I was offended by it.
I understand. Mine was a general statement, not addressed to anybody in particular.
Rec said:
And there is no harm in meaningful dialogue, which must be allowed for if one is to posit arguments against the doctrines of another religion, even if those arguments come in the form of video walls. It would be more respectable if the arguments had substance but this, I think, is impossible since the Christian doctrine of the Trinity has a historical precedent whereas Islamic Christology wholly does away with the reality of the historical method and the burden of proof and relies on the supposed "revelations" of a man having no connections to the events he's describing, which he received from a God who talks to himself (how does this work if God is a single personage?). There is a lot more I could say about the last video but I will defer for the time being.
As you and I both know, and leaving Islam out of the equation for the moment, the "historical precedent," and that there certainly is, for the Trinity is one of remarkable controversy, which was not settled until the Council of Nicea, but I don't know if this is the proper thread in which to discuss it. The practically exhausted topic regularly pops up on this and other boards.
Rec said:
I made the point that (based on the nature of the last couple of pages) it's as though Islam has more to say about Christ and Christian doctrine, through representatives like Dr. Laurence Brown and Ahmed Deedat, than it does about Muhammad and his doctrines.
That seems a fair assessment. I am making a related point that many of the videos in this thread are prosyletizing efforts on the part of Muslims to do what their Quran instructs: "Say" to the "People of Book," and they are saying it. The Quran is filled with such instructions, not unlike the Christian "Great Commission," in that regard, and once one accepts the Islamic doctrine of tawhid, or the "absolute oneness of God," one is further instructed in the ways and means of Islam, including other doctrines and practices taught by Muhammad. This thread, it seems to me, is a sort of Islam 101, an Introduction to Islam. I, personally, am somewhat put off by Deedat's style, but I solve that by not watching his videos :D.
Rec said:
This only shows the last statement in my last post to be accurate: Islam stands in contradistinction to the Faith so called after the Christ. This opinion is not new: the ancients believed Islam was a Christian heresy and even the earliest Islamic creedal inscriptions on the Dome of the Rock spend a greater deal of their content talking about "Jesus, the Messiah, the son of Mary", and so on.
As well, not only the ancients, but, more recently, (Catholics) Cardinal John Newman and Hilaire Belloc reiterated the controversial theme that Islam is essentially a Christian heresy. To them, it's a sort of Arianism, recrudesced, and with a vengeance. Furthermore, as I see it, Protestantism, too, in large part defines itself in contradistinction to the Catholicism from which it extruded itself. That is true of a lot of religions, and sects within religions.
Rec said:
It is good if one is confused about the Mysteries of God: they are very close to realising that God is incomprehensible. And it is natural to be drawn to the one who said: "Take my yoke upon you, and learn from me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart; and you will find rest for your souls." (Mat.11.29) Who, though coming in the form of a common man, and enduring a shameful death on a cross, is the Creator of the Cosmos co-operating with his beloved creation, namely man, by entering the world and becoming a historical person that he may preach the Good News of the coming of the Kingdom of God on earth; who saves us from destruction.
Apparently, and though I don't take a position on the matter, because I am neither a Christian nor a Muslim, a lot of people in the above videos disagree that their confusion was good. They evidently prefer dispensing with the "metaphysical conundrum," so described by Cambridge University's Dr. Timothy Winter aka Abdal Hakim Murad, commonly known as the Trinity, and have returned to what Catholic intellectual and historian, Friedrich Heer, called the "false, but clear" idea of Islamic (and Jewish) uncomplicated monotheism.
Rec said:
I, personally, would rather believe on the Name of the Lord Jesus Christ than the Pseudo-Jesus (Eesa), "Son of Maryam" of the Koran who allegedly didn't do or say anything that confirms a doctrine that "don't make sense".
Then, it seems to me, you should remain where you are, in the religion you prefer. As I see it, the two of us (and others) have been invited into this thread by Muslims and neither of us is compelled to join their religion. Until now, you and I haven't directly spoken to each other, so welcome to the forum. It's good to have you here. I am enjoying many of your articulate and informed posts.

Last edited:

Haich

Superstar
If Islam doesn't interest you, why are you on this thread anyway? There are plenty of Christian based discussion threads open, so take your meltdown there.

DesertRose

Superstar
De-lurking just to comment here.....(still taking a break.. :)o_O )

I believe that the initial premise is wrong. Just look at the last page the videos are pitching different subjects.
Having said that we do reach out to the 'people of the book' and others to provide information about Islamic stances and to highlight Islamic Monotheism. We are tasked 'to convey the message' and it is coming from a place of reaching out with compassion and giving people access to what we see as our 'highest good.'

In my reality/perception this thread is providing information about Islamic Monotheism and challenging the status quo which has been the methodology of the Prophets peace be upon them all since time immemorial.

If we are true 'friends' we warn others about the dangers of a path they are on if we perceive it as destructive We will also warn if they are on a path of worshiping other than Allah or worshiping him in a manner other than the one He prescribed (this is for Muslims as well). We can not feel shy or awkward about this otherwise what kind of friends or concerned brethren in humanity are we?

The Prophet (sal Allahu 'alaihi wa sallam) said, “The devil said to his Lord, ‘By Your Glory and Majesty! As long as the children of Adam exist on earth, I shall continuously misguide them.’ Allah replied, ‘By My Glory and Majesty! As long as they seek My forgiveness, I will continue to forgive them.’” (Musnad al-Imam Ahmad)

Sahih International: Say, "O People of the Scripture, come to a word that is equitable between us and you - that we will not worship except Allah and not associate anything with Him and not take one another as lords instead of Allah." But if they turn away, then say, "Bear witness that we are Muslims [submitting to Him]."3:64

"Oh People of the Book! Commit no excesses in your religion, nor say of God anything but the truth. Christ Jesus, the son of Mary, was (no more than) a messenger of God, and His Word which He bestowed on Mary, and a spirit proceeding from Him. So believe in God and His messengers. Say not, 'Trinity.' Desist! It will be better for you, for God is One God, Glory be to Him! (Far exalted is He) above having a son. To Him belong all things in the heavens and on earth. And enough is God as a Disposer of affairs" (4:171).

“Say (O Muhammad): ‘This is my way; I invite unto Allaah (i.e. to the Oneness of Allaah — Islamic Monotheism) with sure knowledge, I and whosoever follows me (also must invite others to Allaah, i.e. to the Oneness of Allaah — Islamic Monotheism with sure knowledge). And Glorified and Exalted be Allaah (above all that they associate as partners with Him). And I am not of the Mushrikoon (polytheists, pagans, idolaters and disbelievers in the Oneness of Allaah; those who worship others along with Allaah or set up rivals or partners to Allaah)’”[Yoosuf 12:108]

Could you @Rec kindly hold the discussion elsewhere and start a thread for that purpose. I am wholly certain you will get explanations from other members especially since you asked your questions without hostility.

I would like to keep this thread as a video library.
I welcome all to check out the different topics on the subjects posted from who is Allah, to the Prophets, the Hajj to the videos on Islamic end times and the Anti-Christ as well as convert stories among other things as stated in the OP..

Last edited:

DesertRose

Superstar
Dear Brethren for all of you have lost loved ones as I have.:(
We are reminded about death and the questioning in the grave to see if we passed the tests in this life.

Allah Almighty says, “Every self will taste death. You will be paid your wages in full on the Day of Rising. Anyone who is distanced from the Fire and admitted to the Garden, has triumphed. The life of this world is only the enjoyment of delusion,” (3:185)

“O you who believe! Do not let your wealth or children divert you from the remembrance of Allah. Whoever does that is lost. Give from what We have provided for you before death comes to one of you and he says, ‘O Lord, if only you would give me a little more time so that I can give sadaqa and be one of the righteous.’ Allah will not give anyone more time, once their time has come. Allah is aware of everything you do.” (63:9-11)

The Almighty says, “Until, when death comes to one of them, he says, ‘My Lord, send me back again. so that perhaps I may act rightly regarding the things I failed to do!’ No indeed! It is just words he utters. Before them there is an interspace until the day they are raised up. Then when the Trumpet is blown, that Day there will be no family ties between them, they will not be able to question one another. Those whose scales are heavy, they are the successful. Those whose scales are light, they are the losers of their selves, remaining in Hell timelessly, forever. The Fire will sear their faces making them grimace horribly in it, their lips drawn back from their teeth. ‘Were My Signs not recited to you and did you not deny them?'” to His words, “‘How many years did you tarry on the earth?’ They will say, ‘We tarried for a day or part of a day. Ask those able to count!’ He will say, ‘You only tarried for a little while if you did but know! Did you suppose that We created you for amusement and that you would not return to Us?'” (W23:100-116; H23:99-115)

The Almighty says, “Has the time not arrived for the hearts of those who believe to yield to the remembrance of Allah and to the Truth He has sent down, and not to be like those who were given the Book before for whom the time seemed over long so that their hearts became hard. Many of them are degenerate.” (W57:15; H57:16)

Last edited: