Islamic Perspective on Diseases being Contagious

Actually, there are no blanket statements in Islam either.
There are groups that are under the umbrella of Islam and those who are not in both strains of Islam, it depends on their adherence to our belief system and acts of worship.
The basic understanding is:
The one who worships Allaah alone and believes in His Messenger, and follows that which he brought, is a real Muslim. If a person claims to be a Muslim but he/she worships anything else or anyone else, then he/she is not a Muslim.
This is correct. Plus from the very early period, despite certain animosity between both groups, they have and continue to coexist together as "Islam". They 'split' over succession of The Holy Prophet (saw), not over some reformation 1500 years after the founding of the religon (wink).
Every true Muslim knows the dangers of takfir (calling another Muslim, or even an entire group, "disbeliever") and would not claim it against another, lest it was claimed against themselves.
No genuine Sunni would claim a Shi'i to be kafir, nor would any genuine Shi'i claim a Sunni to be kafir.
What makes Islam-Islam, is not a distinction of "sect" but the fundamentals that remain universally shared between "sects" which is: Qur'an, Sunnah (of the Holy Prophet saw) and Sharia.
The issue of succession predates the Prophets death, the Sunni/Shi'i thing will never go away nor will there ever be any conclusive answers. It just is. The things that define a Sunni as Sunni and a Shi'i as Shi'i, are both not the things that make someone a "Muslim".

And as the opening of Surah Baqara states:
"And there are some people who say: We believe in Allah and the last day; and they are not at all believers.
They desire to deceive Allah and those who believe, and they deceive only themselves and they do not perceive."

An ignorant person would read this passage as an evidence of their own group, but a wise person (someone with hikmah) would know that it refers to both that calling oneself something doesn't guarantee them anything, and that deceiving other people (a person falsely calling themselves a Sunni or Shia but transgressing what God has provided) will not work with God, that God turns their own deception on themselves.

The truth is too, that Islam has no doctrine like the 'sola scriptura' of Protestant Christianity. Just claiming to believe something, whatever it is, means nothing by itself if there isn't the due substance and meaning in one's path to God (as-sirat al-mustaqeem).

DesertRose

Superstar
@Infinityloop
To be honest, I actually feel sorry for many people and think that tawheed (The Oneness of God)should be re-taught to some folks.
Sometimes there is blind following without much critical thinking. Some people can actually be sincerely ignorant.
Case in point my grandmother was brought up without fully understanding the fallacy of seeking closeness to pious people (sufi saint worship) instead of seeking closeness to God .
I am happy to say she stopped that and began worshiping the Creator, The Exalted alone. Who alone is Infallible and Divine.
(Good reminder) All his creatures/creation (including messengers though rightly guided by God) are limited, finite, dependant and fallible. So we do not worship them.
If people know better I think they would do better no matter where they are. Hopefully, if they are not arrogant.
May Allah guide us all to that which is better.

Now back to the coronavirus topic in sha Allah. The Shaykh discusses safety and turning back to Allah, upon all trials.

Coronavirus: An Islamic Perspective - Shaykh Mustafa Abu Rayyan

Bonus short video that is heart touching reminding us of Allah's mercy::)
TV Host Breaks Down Over Allah's Mercy

Last edited:

student

Rookie
:oops:
Coronavirus Threatens Hajj 2020 Pilgrimage As Saudi Arabia Suspends Travel to Mecca
This just appears to be speculation and potential for it to happen.
I feel there is something sinister going on and that numbers will be limited with heightened security and screening should outsiders be permitted entry during Hajj (end July/start August). I would anticipate that the impact and restriction upon locals within Saudi should be minimal so inshaAllah not a case that Hajj would be suspended.

Last edited:

DesertRose

Superstar
Agreed with both of you it is speculation but there is a temporary ban already.
Can we even fathom hajj going through while this virus is ongoing it would take that virus into real pandemic levels.o_O
There are representatives from all over the world and it will spread everywhere.
That regime would be in serious trouble if they did not ban it temporarily and as much as we all dislike this,...... it would not be a good idea to go ahead with hajj this year.o_O
Let us see what happens, in sha Allah this virus stops spreading.

student

Rookie
Wudhu - Ritual ablution - performed numerous times daily prior to prayers, touching Quran etc.

Also it is from the advices/manners of the Prophet Muhammad (sallallahu alayhi wassallam) to:

• Perform Istinja. First clean impurities, urine or stool with soil stone (or tissue paper where available) ensuring no further drops of urine remain and thereafter wash the private areas affected with water (using a lota or bodna container) ensuring all traces of filth are removed from front and bum area (using fingers flat and not nails).
  • Trim (or shave) the moustache such that it does not cover the lips. Clip the nails and remove hair from armpits and private regions (ideally recommended every Friday and extent is at least once in every 40 days but that's disliked)
  • Wash hands before and after eating.

‘A’isha (Allah be Pleased with her) reported: The Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him) said: Ten are the acts according to fitra (natural disposition): clipping the moustache, letting the beard grow, using the tooth-stick, snuffing water in the nose, cutting the nails, washing the finger joints, plucking the hair under the armpits, shaving the pubes and cleaning one’s private parts with water. The narrator said: I have forgotten the tenth, but it may have been rinsing the mouth. (Muslim)

Last edited:

Ali.Isa

Rookie
Yes, maybe when I stop worshipping Israel, I’ll understand more about fake Muslims, and the weird stuff they do.
So Shia and Sufi are not real Muslims? Fascinating stuff. You should start a thread.

See, Christians believe that anyone who confesses the name of Jesus Christ will be saved. That means that we can’t make blanket statements about other denominations of Christianity, or question their sincerity or salvation.

You, however, are able to write off a few hundred million Muslims as “fake”. I wonder if there are any Shia here who would care to debate that with you.
Hi, you should know that wahabism is created by england way back and isis has that ideology created by america and the post video about shias those are creation of england also. Two sides of same scissors. Pathetic that such basics needs to be said. And that woman alinejad is a worker for american government and spreads iranophobia mostly. So these groups produce material for each other and use it wisely to gain money and division of muslims to be able to rule over oil. American Sunni isis weapon and kills and england shia takes pen as weapon.

Ali.Isa

Rookie
:oops:
Coronavirus Threatens Hajj 2020 Pilgrimage As Saudi Arabia Suspends Travel to Mecca
Salam, the series CONDOR where an english man connected to english agency want to make a bio attack in mecca during Hajj. Very disturbing that they can make such series and its okay to create fear.

Ali.Isa

Rookie

A Freeman

Superstar
Have any of you considered the likelihood that this COVID-19 situation is being allowed to show us the errors of our ways so we turn back to God? Allah is the Best Planner!

Tidal

Star
Incidentally just to digress a little, when muslims need transplants, do they gladly accept organs from non-muslims?.. :rolleyes:
And given the fact that Sunnis and Shiites don't like each other, would one of those groups accept an organ transplant from the other group?

Ali.Isa

Rookie
Salam, here is presented the video on this subject from the viewpoint of one of the great scholars in Islamic World who is a Marja, who has near 100 volumes of exegises of the Holy Quran and a Great Philosoper, indeed one of the best. In historical timeline also he was one of those who went to deliver a letter of Imam Khomeini Peace Upon Him to Mikhail Gorbachev to explain the letter and its Spiritual and Philosopical notions.

Tidal

Star
Have any of you considered the likelihood that this COVID-19 situation is being allowed to show us the errors of our ways so we turn back to God?..

It certainly seems a much quieter peaceful spiritual world in lockdown, no noise, no bustle, no roaring traffic, no rat race, I'm growing to like it.. :D

Psalm 46:8-10
"Come and see what the Lord has done, the desolations he has brought on the earth..
He says, “Be still, and know that I am God"

Ali.Isa

Rookie
Salam, this clip is from a 30 min speech inside a shrine which is closed for public specifically on the issue of current events as topic. Hope siblings in faith like it and we all get more precise rational recognation to help each other together and unify to be able to help in turn the people of the world.