Islamic Nasheed/songs

mecca

Superstar
Just wind and string instruments
No instrument can be inherently satanic, same with any musical genre. Any song can be satanic if a bad person makes it with satanic intent... like how some pop music has a lot of symbolism in it. But just because a lot of pop music is satanic, that doesn't mean all pop is satanic and it doesn't mean the instruments used in pop music are satanic either. To forbid a certain type of instrument is weird because good, non satanic music can be made with any instrument.

DesertRose

Superstar
To forbid a certain type of instrument is weird because good, non satanic music can be made with any instrument.
I follow informed opinion especially in Religion. not conjecture or desires.
Hadith Explanation

Musical Instruments
Rasul Allah (sal Allahu alaihi wa sallam) said: “Allah Mighty and Majestic sent me as a guidance and mercy to believers and commanded me to do away with musical instruments, flutes, strings, crucifixes, and the affair of the pre-Islamic period of Ignorance.” [Abu Dawud]

The evidence against musical instruments, in particular wind and string instruments, is irrefutable. There are many sahih ahadith forbidding the use of musical instruments. The Sunni schools of fiqh all prohibit wind instruments (e.g. flutes, trumpets) and string instruments (e.g. violins, guitars) categorically, while they differ in their ruling on percussion instruments (e.g. drums). “The Islamic Ruling On Music And Singing In Light Of The Quraan, The Sunnah, And The Consensus Of Our Pious Predecessors,” by Abu Bilal Mustafa Al-Kanadi, is a detailed discourse on this topic.

The ‘duff’ (tambourine), a percussion instrument, is allowed as an exception to the general prohibition on musical instruments. This is proved by numerous instances of Rasul Allah’s taqriri Sunnah (i.e. he saw its use but did not forbid it.) The duff, accompanied by song, was used in the Prophet’s time on special occasions and weddings, but not as a general pastime.

A hadith narrated by Imam Bukhari, on the prohibition of musical instruments is: “From among my followers there will be some people who will consider illegal sexual intercourse, the wearing of silk (by men), the drinking of alcoholic drinks and the use of musical instruments, as lawful…. Allah will destroy them during the night and will let the mountain fall on them, and He will transform the rest of them into monkeys and pigs and they will remain so till the Day of Resurrection.” [Sahih Bukhari]

Singing is not forbidden, provided that the content is appropriate. However, singing to the accompaniment of musical instruments becomes forbidden because of the haraam (forbidden) element of music. We see a large part of the Ummah being deceived about life and morality, wasting the precious little time they have of this life, while engrossed in musical 'entertainment.'

The obsession with music has become as common as the air we breathe. The seriousness of this sin can be judged by the following hadith of Prophet Muhammad (sal Allahu alaihi wa sallam), on the authority of Anas (radi Allahu anhu): “On the Day of Resurrection, Allah will pour molten lead into the ears of whoever sits listening to a songstress.” [Ibn Asakir in Tareekha]

Last edited: