Islam Is Not A Race

Lady

Star
Then what was the point of the link since it has nothing to do with this topic?
You will have to ask Jo to get her reason.
Here's what I gathered from her leading comment in that post-that she thought others (such as congress people in DC) do not make the distinction between race and religion. Hence, the move to "reclassify" and why it was so "stupid" as well as ignorant.

mecca

Superstar
she thought others (such as congress people in DC) do not make the distinction between race and religion. Hence, the move to "reclassify" and why it was so "stupid" as well as ignorant.
Ok, but since the bill has nothing do with religion, how does it demonstrate that congresspeople see no difference between religion and race?

justjess

Superstar
They didn't put Muslim as a racial category. They put middle eastern. Just like we have Hispanic. There is definately a recognition there - even mentioned a few times in the article.

I am sorry, but Islam is possibly the MOST organized of religions. In fact, it is more of an ideology, than a religion.
If you cannot see how Islam dictates so many facets of your life, then you are indeed indoctrinated up to your eyeballs-and I am sorry for you.
A relationship with God cannot be ordered and dictated-by any religion, ideology, philosophy, creed or fairy tale. Anything of the material world will not allow us to enter into the holy place in order to approach God.
(John 4:24)
God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth.
Chill Lady lol. Islam is a way of life - Quran and Sunnah are my manual for how to live my life in submission to the will of God, or to put it in Biblical terms: "walk in all His ways" like Abraham did :).

When I think of "organized religion" I think of a religion with an hierarchical leadership structure and dogmas that are not found in Scripture - like Catholicism as you and I would both agree :eek: (imagine that~!)

JoChris

Superstar
You will have to ask Jo to get her reason.
Here's what I gathered from her leading comment in that post-that she thought others (such as congress people in DC) do not make the distinction between race and religion. Hence, the move to "reclassify" and why it was so "stupid" as well as ignorant.
Exactly. I thought that was helping those who WANT to classify Islam as a race so they can more easily acuse critics of Islamophobia.
Remember I am an Australian, not American so I don't know how much your country treats discrimination against Muslims as a race issue, not a cultural/ religious one.

Here we don't fall for the do-gooders who want to accept every culture except our own's propaganda very easily.

rainerann

Star
Truth is, it's God Who Blesses us with Islam and Who Protects us against wrongdoing. Try being conscious 24/7 that God's Keeping you alive.
There is no reason to do that. If we were meant to do that, He would have created us to consciously remember to cause our heart to beat. Since we are not required to consciously remember to cause our hearts to beat, we are not required to consciously think about how God is keeping us alive 24/7. He isn't doing this anyway. He has created an automatic process that are responsible for doing this. We can just enjoy this as a gift without being burdened with this responsibility to occupy our thoughts in this way 24 hours a day.

God can intervene in life, but that doesn't mean that God hasn't created automatic processes with the intention of giving us the freedom to not concern ourselves with this type of thinking.

JoChris

Superstar
Race and religion are both protected classes. So there's really no need for semantics there from a legal standpoint.
Religion in Australia is attacked UNLESS it is non-Christian.
People can leave religions or convert to new ones. We cannot change skin colour.
People have to accept that being a believer of a certain faith has its advantages and disadvantages.

Crying discrimination whenever criticism or rejection occurs brings no sympathy from the average Joe.

justjess

Superstar
Religion in Australia is attacked UNLESS it is non-Christian.
People can leave religions or convert to new ones. We cannot change skin colour.
People have to accept that being a believer of a certain faith has its advantages and disadvantages.

Crying discrimination whenever criticism or rejection occurs brings no sympathy from the average Joe.
I'm not really understanding where u are going with this post..

All I was saying is that article does not mean or imply they are trying to make Islam the religion into a race. Middle eastern is not a religion. And American race categories constantly change. Italians were once black then dark white then white. Don't know who comes up with this stuff but it's arbitrary

There is no reason to do that. If we were meant to do that, He would have created us to consciously remember to cause our heart to beat. Since we are not required to consciously remember to cause our hearts to beat, we are not required to consciously think about how God is keeping us alive 24/7. He isn't doing this anyway. He has created an automatic process that are responsible for doing this. We can just enjoy this as a gift without being burdened with this responsibility to occupy our thoughts in this way 24 hours a day.

God can intervene in life, but that doesn't mean that God hasn't created automatic processes with the intention of giving us the freedom to not concern ourselves with this type of thinking.
That's only you rejecting this perception of mine. Think it's an automatic process? So through Whose Power does the Earth and all other planets continually remain suspended in space? Automatic process? That's more God's Infinite Power than anything that the sun be constantly generating heat and light. And what about our bodies? Does the heart beat on its own? Or does it beat simply because He Wills it to?

rainerann

Star
That's only you rejecting this perception of mine. Think it's an automatic process? So through Whose Power does the Earth and all other planets continually remain suspended in space? Automatic process? That's more God's Infinite Power than anything that the sun be constantly generating heat and light. And what about our bodies? Does the heart beat on its own? Or does it beat simply because He Wills it to?
Yes, all of these are also automatic processes that are derivative sources of energy that originate within the creator and can, therefore, be studied independently of religious discussion. The sun's gravity is actually responsible for keeping the planets in motion along with providing heat and light. So we know that God has created the world that he doesn't have to hold up like Samson standing between the pillars in the Philistines temple.

Referring to Him as creator is intended to indicate that He is the point of origin for the creation. Calling Him creator is the same as saying that the road leading to infinity ends with Him, which can't be presently reached within our understanding of physics, not that He is the puppet master of creation.

Stop looking for a way to avoid the mental stress of having to be conscious 24/7 that God Is Always Watching us. Muslims do it everyday.

JoChris

Superstar
I'm not really understanding where u are going with this post..

All I was saying is that article does not mean or imply they are trying to make Islam the religion into a race. Middle eastern is not a religion. And American race categories constantly change. Italians were once black then dark white then white. Don't know who comes up with this stuff but it's arbitrary
I'll add something to what you typed:
..... they are trying to make other people pretend they agree with them and approach Islam as if it is a race, or else "you're a bigot, you're an a Islamophobe, you're as bad as people who view other races as inferior".

Tolerance is the ultimate virtue according to the self-declared cultural elite - and deny reality they shall if the end goal can only be reached that way.
Anyone with two eyes can tell Muslims can be of all races and backgrounds. That is probably one factor in why conservative governments still get elected into power - they won't deny reality on this type of issue.

justjess

Superstar
So are hispanics.. a mix of native, mainland Spanish, black etc. That's why they created "Hispanic" to simplify things. For cheissakes.. I'm Sicilian, I'd probably have to check white black and middle eastern if we were really looking at it.

This is strictly for census purposes and self identification so I'm not sure what's the issue.

And He gave you from all you asked of Him. And if you should count the favor of Allah, you could not enumerate them. Indeed, mankind is [generally] most unjust and ungrateful.