Islam Is Not A Race

Lady

Star
Oh yes, you live in a very difficult situation.
Thank you for the honest and mild reply. I appreciate a conversational tone so much more than any other discourse on here.
Like you, many feel this way about certain Holy sites, such as the Western Wall, the Vatican, or the Empty Tomb in which Christ was buried.
For myself, I am guided by Acts 7:42-50.

manama

Star
Sadly there are many people who have made that claim when the religion is Islam.

This news story definitely muddies the waters further. https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2016/09/30/white-house-wants-add-new-racial-category-middle-eastern-people/91322064/
I know the Middle East has Jews, Christians AND Muslims but wouldn't most countries included be considered Islamic countries?
That bill is stupid, we are middle eastern, we are white, brown and black and asian. Just because the government practices one religious law, doesnt make it people's race.

Lady

Star
Well, it is "stupid"-yet interesting under whose administration that happened (Sept.-Oct. 2016).
Not that it makes too much difference, but the article does note democrats favoring this race reclassification of the middle easterners.

Last edited:

justjess

Superstar
That article in no way proposes maki g islam a race. It had absolutely nothing to do with religion.

The proposal is to add middle eastern as a category for self identification because right now its either white, black, native or hispanic.

It would be a geographically based group like hispanic already is. I dont see the problem. If they added mediterannian i would check that myself.

Lady

Star
The article title:
White House wants to add new racial category for Middle Eastern people
Gregory Korte , USA TODAY Published 5:44 p.m. ET Sept. 30, 2016 | Updated 2:16 p.m. ET Oct. 2, 2016

justjess

Superstar
Yes i read that but that isnt for religion.

Its the same thing as the currnt and noncontroversial hispanic classification we use.

Last edited:

polymoog

Superstar
Lol. You sound like a Christian accusing Muslims of not having a personal relationship with God. :rolleyes: Obviously you believe you have it all figured out - well, except the spiritual part of life. Judging by some of your posts (I did not read them all) you are still searching for that inner peace that puts your soul at rest. I sincerely do hope you find it one day. Anyhow, I'm kind of glad you made this thread. All the worms are coming out of the woodwork making me even more certain that I am on the truth. Peace.
any religion that has a middle man or a book in the way of a person and god is a bad religion. muslims cannot even openly critique the koran or objectively consider whether mohammed was a child rapist or not makes islam dangerous. with christians and jews, they are free to walk away from their religions without fear of being killed. christians wont be targeted for death if they dont believe in jesus, or if a jew is a holocaust revisionist. this makes islam a dangerous religion.

you are still in the denial phase. thats normal. no one gets deprogrammed over night.

you are still in the denial phase. thats normal. no one gets deprogrammed over night.
:rolleyes: lol. To each their own Polymoog. God willing, one day we will all know the whole truth - what is apparent and what is hidden. Until then, you can keep parrotting the same old tired accusations and acting like you have it all figured out but, like it was mentioned in the video posted by Etagloc, the clouds are not harmed by the barking of the dogs.

polymoog

Superstar
:rolleyes: lol. To each their own Polymoog. God willing, one day we will all know the whole truth - what is apparent and what is hidden. Until then, you can keep parrotting the same old tired accusations and acting like you have it all figured out but, like it was mentioned in the video posted by Etagloc, the clouds are not harmed by the barking of the dogs.
thats the problem-- you think i am being accusatory. i am not. its easy to go on ignore when the facts are distasteful or uncomfortable. again, this goes back to the fact that your belief system cannot be separated from your own being and examined.

david cole, in his twenties, went and visited the "extermination" camps in auschwitz and buchen-baden. he was able to put aside his own preformed beliefs and indoctrination and examine it subjectively, and determined that no one was gassed with zyklon-B. he went on the phil donahue show (it was an old talk show in the late 80s) and talked about it despite a hostile, brainwashed crowd. and he did all of this despite the fact that he was jewish himself. imagine the programming he had received growing up, not only religiously, but from the educational system.

Lady

Star
thats the problem-- you think i am being accusatory. i am not. its easy to go on ignore when the facts are distasteful or uncomfortable. again, this goes back to the fact that your belief system cannot be separated from your own being and examined.

david cole, in his twenties, went and visited the "extermination" camps in auschwitz and buchen-baden. he was able to put aside his own preformed beliefs and indoctrination and examine it subjectively, and determined that no one was gassed with zyklon-B. he went on the phil donahue show (it was an old talk show in the late 80s) and talked about it despite a hostile, brainwashed crowd. and he did all of this despite the fact that he was jewish himself. imagine the programming he had received growing up, not only religiously, but from the educational system.

It may take some major life-event for many to start on the path to questioning their indoctrination.
In my case, it was hypocrisy within a very fundamental church that led me to focus on God only. I realized that after walking away from organized religion, my relationship with God became stronger than it ever was. I abide with the LORD Christ now more closely without the religious trappings.

muslims cannot even openly critique the koran or objectively consider whether mohammed was a child rapist or not makes islam dangerous.
What's there to criticize about anything? Critique is only for the things where you can point out logically that God Does Not Approve of them. And we've got no proof whatsoever whether Muhammad was a child rapist or not. These are only presumptions. Also, for somebody who truly believes in God, nothing is dangerous. What is danger if not the fear of other than God? What's to be feared when we didn't ask to be here?

If God Willed us to exist, it's the most logical of things that whatever will be will be no matter what one may do, provided that one believes in The Supreme Being and doesn't will ill for anybody. If harm touches us, we're the ones that earned it. God Is The Judge of who is guilty of what and who is not. We are nobody to be judging others. The whole world'd be a much better place if everybody could be sincere towards God.

But we all have choices to make, right? Some choose to pursue fame while others choose to pursue wealth. Others might make women their priority and so on and so forth. Fact is, each and everybody has an object of worship in one way or another, whether he/she acknowledges it or not. Islam sets everything right. Only God's To Be Worshiped and everything that's to come'll be granted to each in due time, pursued or not.

I don't find anything about Islam to be distasteful or uncomfortable. I never did, even when I started examining it. That is why I chose to leave Catholicism and live my life according to Islam.

The baseless accusations that Muslims don't have a personal relationship with God, that God doesn't "communicate" with them, the Quran is contradictory, not original, the vile charges levied against Muhammad... all of these are opinions and not at all a reflection of what Islam is to me. So to each their own.

I remember the Phil Donahue show very well (Phil, a devout Catholic by the way). The fact that some Jewish guy went on there and stated his opinion about the holocaust has nothing to do with my beliefs and opinions about Islam. I really have nothing else to say about it to you.

PS - methinks you are sounding like Mr. Baird ;) but God knows best who you really are.

It may take some major life-event for many to start on the path to questioning their indoctrination.
In my case, it was hypocrisy within a very fundamental church that led me to focus on God only. I realized that after walking away from organized religion, my relationship with God became stronger than it ever was. I abide with the LORD Christ now more closely without the religious trappings.
Hypocrisy in the Catholic church was one of the things that turned me from it too. That and all the cross and statue worship. Islam is not "organized religion" in the way Americans understand it. In Islam, every Muslim has a personal and direct relationship with God and to God, without any intermediaries. All praise is for Him Who guides whom He wills.

manama

Star
any religion that has a middle man or a book in the way of a person and god is a bad religion. muslims cannot even openly critique the koran or objectively consider whether mohammed was a child rapist or not makes islam dangerous. with christians and jews, they are free to walk away from their religions without fear of being killed. christians wont be targeted for death if they dont believe in jesus, or if a jew is a holocaust revisionist. this makes islam a dangerous religion.

You should be on facebook rather than on vcf, those "arguments" more like ignorant excuses made by people who think they know the arab world, is nothing new. Come back when you have something worthy of speaking about. Before you say im dodging the bullet or ignoring your points, we already answered all of those again and again on vcf. Can't be bothered repeating stuff,

Lady

Star
Hypocrisy in the Catholic church was one of the things that turned me from it too. That and all the cross and statue worship. Islam is not "organized religion" in the way Americans understand it. In Islam, every Muslim has a personal and direct relationship with God and to God, without any intermediaries. All praise is for Him Who guides whom He wills.
I am sorry, but Islam is possibly the MOST organized of religions. In fact, it is more of an ideology, than a religion.
If you cannot see how Islam dictates so many facets of your life, then you are indeed indoctrinated up to your eyeballs-and I am sorry for you.
A relationship with God cannot be ordered and dictated-by any religion, ideology, philosophy, creed or fairy tale. Anything of the material world will not allow us to enter into the holy place in order to approach God.
(John 4:24)
God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth.

I am sorry, but Islam is possibly the MOST organized of religions. In fact, it is more of an idology, than a religion.
If you cannot see how Islam dictates so many facets of your life, then you are indeed indoctrinated up to your eyeballs-and I am sorry for you.
A relationship with God cannot be ordered and dictated-by any religion, ideology, philosophy, creed or fairy tale. Anything of the material world will not allow us to enter into the holy place in order to approach God.
(John 4:24)
God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth.
Truth is, it's God Who Blesses us with Islam and Who Protects us against wrongdoing. Try being conscious 24/7 that God's Keeping you alive.

mecca

Superstar