Islam in Bible Prophecy

Forever Light

Veteran
2 Esdras (also called 4 Esdras, Latin Esdras, or Latin Ezra) is the name of an apocalyptic book in many English versions of the Bible [1]

[1] - Including the KJB, RSV, NRSV, NEB, REB, and GNB (Wikipedia)

(2 Esdras is also contained in the new KOFK version - which is the most accurate and the source of the extract which follows).

2 Esdras
1:24. What shall I do unto thee, O Jacob/Israel? thou, Judah, wouldest not obey Me: I will turn Me to other nations, and unto those will I give My name, that they may keep My statutes.
1:25. Seeing ye have forsaken Me, I will forsake you also; when ye desire Me to be gracious unto you, I shall have no mercy upon you.
1:26. Whensoever ye shall call upon Me, I will not hear you: for ye have defiled your hands with blood, and your feet are swift to commit manslaughter.
1:27. Ye have not as it were forsaken Me, but your own selves, saith the Lord.
1:28. Thus saith the Almighty Lord, Have I not prayed you as a father his sons, as a mother her daughters, and a nurse her young babes,
1:29. That ye would be My people, and I should be your God; that ye would be My (adopted) children, and I should be your Father?
1:30. I gathered you together, as a hen gathereth her chickens under her wings: but now, what shall I do unto you? I will cast you out from My face.
1:31. When ye offer unto Me, I will turn My face from you: for your solemn feastdays, your new moons, and your circumcisions, have I forsaken.
1:32. I sent unto you My servants the Prophets, whom ye have taken and slain, and torn their bodies in pieces, whose blood I will require of your hands, saith the Lord.
1:33. Thus saith the Almighty Lord, Your house is desolate, I will cast you out as the wind doth stubble.
1:34. And your children shall not be fruitful; for they have despised My Commandment, and done the thing that is an evil before Me.
1:35 Your houses will I give to a people that shall come; which not having heard of Me yet shall believe Me; they to whom I have showed no Signs, yet shall do that which I have commanded them.
1:36 They have seen no Prophets, yet they shall call their former estate (Abraham and Ishmael) and sins to remembrance, and acknowledge them.
1:37 I take to witness the grace of the People that shall come; whose little ones rejoice with gladness: and though they see Me not with bodily eyes, yet in spirit shall they believe the things that I say.
1:38 And now, brother, behold what glory; and see the People that cometh from the East (Moslems):
1:39 Unto whom I will give for leaders, Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob/Israel, Hosea, Amos, and Micah, Joel, Obadiah, and Jonah,
1:40 Nahum, and Habakkuk, Zephaniah, Haggai, Zechariah, and Malachi (Sura 2:124), which is called also an angel of the Lord.

2:1. Thus saith the Lord, I brought this people out of bondage, and I gave them My Commandments by My servants the Prophets; whom they would not hear, but despised My counsels.
2:2. The mother that bare them saith unto them, Go your way, ye children; for I am a widow and forsaken.
2:3. I brought you up with gladness; but with sorrow and heaviness have I lost you: for ye have sinned before the Lord your God, and done that thing that is evil before Him.
2:4. But what shall I now do unto you? I am a widow and forsaken: go your way, O my children, and ask mercy of the Lord.
2:5. As for me, O Father, I call upon Thee for a witness over the mother of these children, which would not keep My Covenant,
2:6. That Thou bring them to confusion, and their mother to a spoil, that there may be no offspring of them.
2:7. Let them be scattered abroad among the heathen, let their names be put out of the Earth: for they have despised My Covenant.
2:8. Woe be unto thee, Assur, thou that hidest the unrighteous in thee! O thou wicked people, remember what I did unto Sodom and Gomorrha;
2:9. Whose land lieth in clods of pitch and heaps of ashes: even so also will I do unto them that hear Me not, saith the Almighty Lord.
2:10 Thus saith the Lord unto Esdras, Tell My People (Israel) that I shall give them (Islam) the Kingdom of Jerusalem, which I would have given unto Israel.
2:11 Their glory also will I take unto Me, and give these (Islam - Sura 90:2 - Mohammed was made a Freeman of The City - Jerusalem) the Everlasting Tabernacles (The Holy of Holies on Mt Moriah and The Covenant - Sura 16:91), which I had prepared for them (Israel).
2:12. They shall have the Tree of Life for an ointment of sweet savour; they shall neither labour, nor be weary.
2:13. Go, and ye shall receive: pray for few days unto you, that they may be shortened: the kingdom is already prepared for you: watch.
2:14. Take heaven and Earth to witness; for I have broken the evil in pieces, and created the good: for I live, saith the Lord.

The Bible is more accurate than today's newspaper, and tomorrow's newspaper too.

2 Peter
1:17 For he received from God the Father honour and glory, when there came such a voice to him from the excellent glory ("Cloud"), This is My beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased.
1:18 And this voice which came from heaven we heard, when we were with him in the holy mount.
1:19 We have also the more sure word of Prophecy; whereunto ye do well that ye TAKE HEED, as unto a Light that shineth in a dark place, until the Day dawn, and the Morning Star arise in your hearts:
1:20 Knowing this first, that no Prophecy of the Scripture is of any private interpretation.
1:21 For the Prophecy came not in old time by the will of man: but holy men of God spoke [as they were] moved by the Holy Spirit. [Kofk]

Last edited:

Kung Fu

Superstar
You believe the Bible tells the coming of Muhammad(pbuh)?

Does the Bible either the OT or the NT ever mention "Muhammad" by name?

Forever Light

Veteran
You believe the Bible tells the coming of Muhammad(pbuh)?
Does the Bible either the OT or the NT ever mention "Muhammad" by name?
The name is not named just like that, but if we look at 2 Esdras quoted above, and then compare what this prophecy has foretold with world events that have already happened and are happening now, then it's obviously talking about Islam.

Your question for me, prompted another question, which was:
What does the name Mohammed (pbuh) actually mean? So, I looked it up:

The meaning of the name Mohammed (pbuh), according to Google:
Means "praiseworthy", derived from Arabic حمد (hamid) "to praise".

So if we go then with the meaning of "praiseworthy" and see if we can find any more clues?

2 Esdras
1:36 They have seen no Prophets, yet they shall call their former estate (Abraham and Ishmael) and sins to remembrance, and acknowledge them. (praiseworthy... or worthy to "hamid"?)

1:37 I take to witness the grace of the People that shall come; whose little ones rejoice with gladness: and though they see Me not with bodily eyes, yet in spirit shall they believe the things that I say. (this again would be something which is worthy to be praised.. i.e. "hamid", or "muhammed"?)

1:38 And now, brother, behold what glory; and see the People that cometh from the East (Moslems):
1:39 Unto whom I will give for leaders, Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob/Israel, Hosea, Amos, and Micah, Joel, Obadiah, and Jonah,
1:40 Nahum, and Habakkuk, Zephaniah, Haggai, Zechariah, and Malachi (Sura 2:124), which is called also an angel of the Lord.

"Mohammed" is also a very common name for men to have in general in the Islamic countries, so perhaps that might also be seen to be a link?

So although not named outright as Mohammed (pbuh) there are what could perhaps be seen as clues about it, if one looks for them. But even without that, just lining up the prophecy with historical events makes it obviously about Islam, as it fits perfectly and even says people that would come from the East, and about Jerusalem, etc.

From the Koran/Qur'an:
Sura 2:124. And remember that Abraham was tried by his Lord with certain Commands, which he fulfilled: He (God) said: "I will make thee an example to the Nations." He pleaded: "And also (examples) from my offspring!" He (God) answered: "But My Promise is not within the reach of evil-doers."

Last edited:

Kung Fu

Superstar
What do think of the Gospel of Barnabas and mentioning Muhammad(pbuh) by name?

Forever Light

Veteran
Surah 90. The City (Jerusalem)

90:1. I do call to witness this City (Jerusalem);-
90:2. And thou art a Freeman of this City (2 Esdras 1:35-40);-
90:3. And (the mystic ties of) Parent (Abraham) and Child (Ishmael - Torah - Genesis 17:18);-
90:4. Verily We have created man into toil and struggle.
90:5. Thinketh he, that none hath power over him?
90:6. He may say (boastfully): "Wealth have I squandered in abundance!"
90:7. Thinketh he that none beholdeth him?
90:8. Have We not made for him a pair of eyes?-
90:9. And a tongue, and a pair of lips?-
90:10. And shown him the two ways (good and evil)?
90:11. But he hath made no haste on The Way that is steep.
90:12. And what will explain to thee The Way that is steep?-
90:13. (It is: ) freeing the bondman;
90:14. Or the giving of food in a day of privation
90:15. To the orphan with claims of relationship,
90:16. Or to the destitute (down) in the dust.
90:17. Then will he be of those who believe, and enjoin patience, (constancy, and self-restraint), and enjoin deeds of kindness and compassion.
90:18. Such are the Companions of the Right Hand (Matthew 25:33).
90:19. But those who reject Our Signs, they are the (unhappy) Companions of the Left Hand.
90:20. On them will be Fire vaulted over (all round).

Kung Fu

Superstar
Why do you think of these verses?

Sing unto the Lord a new song, and His praise from the ends of the earth, you who go down to the sea, and all that is therein, the islands, and the inhabitants thereof! 11 Let the wilderness and its cities lift up their voice, the villages that Kedar inhabits. Let the inhabitants of Sela sing, let them shout from the top of the mountains. 12Let them give glory to the Lord, and declare His praise in the islands. 13 The Lord shall go forth like a mighty man; He shall stir up jealousy like a man of war: He shall cry, yea, roar; He shall prevail against His enemies.

— Isaiah 42:10-13

Forever Light

Veteran
Why do you think of these verses?

Sing unto the Lord a new song, and His praise from the ends of the earth, you who go down to the sea, and all that is therein, the islands, and the inhabitants thereof! 11 Let the wilderness and its cities lift up their voice, the villages that Kedar inhabits. Let the inhabitants of Sela sing, let them shout from the top of the mountains. 12Let them give glory to the Lord, and declare His praise in the islands. 13 The Lord shall go forth like a mighty man; He shall stir up jealousy like a man of war: He shall cry, yea, roar; He shall prevail against His enemies.

— Isaiah 42:10-13
This is a very interesting and important part of Scripture.
The "New Song" mentioned in Isaiah, is also mentioned in Revelation 14:3 and 15:3

See this translation:

Isaiah
42:10 Sing unto the "I AM" the "New Song" (Rev. 14:3; 15:3), [and] His praise from the "end of the earth", ye that go down to the sea, and all that is therein; the isles, and the inhabitants thereof.
42:11 Let the "wilderness" and the cities thereof lift up [their voice], the villages [that] Darkness doth inhabit: let the inhabitants of the Rock sing, let them shout from the top of the mountain.
42:12 Let them give glory unto the "I AM", and declare His praise in the islands.
42:13 The "I AM" shall go forth as a mighty man, He shall stir up jealousy like a man of war: He shall cry, yea, roar; He shall prevail against His enemies.

Revelation
14:3 And they sung as it were a New Song (Isaiah 42:10) before the Throne, and before the four beasts, and the elders: and no man could learn that "Song" except the hundred [and] forty [and] four thousand, which were redeemed from the Earth.

15:3 And they sing the "Song of Moses" (Old Covenant - Deut. 31) the servant of God, AND the "Song of the Lamb" (New Covenant), saying, Great and marvellous [are] Thy works, Lord God Almighty; just and true [are] Thy Ways, Thou King of the holy people.
15:4 Who shall not fear Thee, O Lord, and glorify Thy name? for [Thou] ONLY [art] Holy (Matt 19:17): for all nations shall come and worship before Thee; for Thy Judgments are made manifest.

If you are interested in the "New Song" and what it is, please see:
"Let the Inhabitants of The Rock sing The 'New Song'."
It explains exactly what the New Song is in detail and also explains how to learn to "sing" (i.e. Live) it.