Islam And Apostasy

Haich

Superstar
So, you're saying she told her story but it was all lies? Come on, if you research islam you know that fgm is part of Islam so that the woman who is nothing in islam can't enjoy sex and the man does....its just a continuation of repression that muslim women are forced to endure because of the muslim men.....
Ok Ayan Hirsi is actually from my husband's tribe and she is an absolute farce. The entire Somali community basically knows about her, she fabricated her life story to get a publishing deal! The female genital mutalation is unfortunately true it's so so common but this is NOT an Islamic issue. It's only practiced in Africa and is based on cultural expectations for a women to remain a virgin. Somali culture is quite patriarchal and Ayan was a victim of this. BUT she was not forced to marry anyone, her father was a great man in his tribe and she brought shame upon him by tarnishing his name and her family.

She makes a living out of ridiculing her culture instead of trying educate and help people and guide them to a better way of living

I have to repeat FGM is not in Islam and is not practiced by the wider Muslim community at all. It's an issue specific to Africa and many Christian and Pagan communities also do it to preserve their women. It's a disgusting practice !

Lisa

Superstar
Ok Ayan Hirsi is actually from my husband's tribe and she is an absolute farce. The entire Somali community basically knows about her, she fabricated her life story to get a publishing deal! The female genital mutalation is unfortunately true it's so so common but this is NOT an Islamic issue. It's only practiced in Africa and is based on cultural expectations for a women to remain a virgin. Somali culture is quite patriarchal and Ayan was a victim of this. BUT she was not forced to marry anyone, her father was a great man in his tribe and she brought shame upon him by tarnishing his name and her family.

She makes a living out of ridiculing her culture instead of trying educate and help people and guide them to a better way of living

I have to repeat FGM is not in Islam and is not practiced by the wider Muslim community at all. It's an issue specific to Africa and many Christian and Pagan communities also do it to preserve their women. It's a disgusting practice !
I have read that it is widespread in the muslim communities…not just Africa…

I have never gotten the impression that Ayan did anything for a publishing deal…was she a politician for the perks?

Lisa

Superstar
@Haich
I don't do hypotheticals…I have never been threatened.

I was just wondering if killing someone to save yourself was Biblical, that's all.

Kung Fu

Superstar
show me where it isn't, and then tell me why people do it if it's not allowed...
That doesn't make any sense and you have just committed a fallacy, which isn't surprising. You made a claim that fgm is a part of Islam so now the burden is on you then to show us where in the Quran that it states this?

Haich

Superstar
I have read that it is widespread in the muslim communities…not just Africa…

I have never gotten the impression that Ayan did anything for a publishing deal…was she a politician for the perks?
I'm a Somali her father is well known she just wanted to further her career and appear like some survivor, she's a fraud. No one forced her to marry.

It's not widespread in Muslims communities at all, where did you read that?

It is most definitely an issue central to Africa in particular East Africa. I can't tell you why it started but it's definitely not related to any faith or scripture. It's part of the local culture and it's mostly practiced by rural village communities where the practice is not governed by local authorities.

Haich

Superstar
@Haich

I was just wondering if killing someone to save yourself was Biblical, that's all.
So in the bible if someone is about to kill you and you kill them in self defence would it be a sin? Just wondering didn't see it mentioned in the thread

Lisa

Superstar
That doesn't make any sense and you have just committed a fallacy, which isn't surprising. You made a claim that fgm is a part of Islam so now the burden is on you then to show us where in the Quran that it states this?
Yes, it does, if its not allowed in the quran, then show me where it says its not allowed. If it really isn't allowed, why are muslims doing it, and why aren't there calls from muslims who know better for it to stop?

floss

Star
@Haich

"Put your sword back in its place," Jesus said to him, "for all who draw the sword will die by the sword."
It's not biblical, but with flesh nature it's going to hard to follow this biblically. I believe you need to be filled with the Holy Spirit.

Lisa

Superstar
I'm a Somali her father is well known she just wanted to further her career and appear like some survivor, she's a fraud. No one forced her to marry.

It's not widespread in Muslims communities at all, where did you read that?

It is most definitely an issue central to Africa in particular East Africa. I can't tell you why it started but it's definitely not related to any faith or scripture. It's part of the local culture and it's mostly practiced by rural village communities where the practice is not governed by local authorities.
Well, they were going to forcer her to marry, but she ran away…

On the internet :D

I've heard its all over, where there are muslims and its a hush, hush sort of thing, but every once in awhile it becomes a news story, just like honor killings.

Lisa

Superstar
"Put your sword back in its place," Jesus said to him, "for all who draw the sword will die by the sword."
It's not biblical, but with flesh nature it's going to hard to follow this biblically. I believe you need to be filled with the Holy Spirit.
That was kinda my thinking as well….

Kung Fu

Superstar
Yes, it does, if its not allowed in the quran, then show me where it says its not allowed. If it really isn't allowed, why are muslims doing it, and why aren't there calls from muslims who know better for it to stop?
LOL! I don't think you understand how this works. If it's not in the Quran than that means it's not a part of Islam and therefore not Islamic.

Time to play your illogical game. Now since Christian Africans also perform fgm it must be a Christian thing, right?

Lisa

Superstar
LOL! I don't think you understand how this works. If it's not in the Quran than that means it's not a part of Islam and therefore not Islamic.

Time to play your illogical game. Now since Christian Africans also perform fgm it must be a Christian thing, right?
So, then tell me why are muslims doing it then, and why is there no outcry from the muslim community that its being done?

Well, are they catholics that do that? I don't think actual Christians would do that. Now, maybe before they became Christians…but after, no.

Kung Fu

Superstar
So, then tell me why are muslims doing it then, and why is there no outcry from the muslim community that its being done?

Well, are they catholics that do that? I don't think actual Christians would do that. Now, maybe before they became Christians…but after, no.
Why are only a small percentage of Muslims doing it and not the other 90%? If the majority of Muslims are not doing it must that mean that it's perhaps a cultural issue and not an Islamic issue?

I don't know if they're Catholics but the reports just call them Christians and since the reports call them Christians they must be Christians and performing these acts it must be because it's a part of Christianity, right?

Lisa

Superstar
Why are only a small percentage of Muslims doing it and not the other 90%? If the majority of Muslims are not doing it must that mean that it's perhaps a cultural issue and not an Islamic issue?

I don't know if they're Catholics but the reports just call them Christians so tell me since they're Christians and performing these acts it must because it's a part of Christianity, right?
Well, we don't really know if it is a small percentage…

They aren't Christians…you should ask a catholic why they do the things they do.

Kung Fu

Superstar
Well, we don't really know if it is a small percentage…

They aren't Christians…you should ask a catholic why they do the things they do.
Do you have a reading comprehension?

Studies have shown it mainly happens in Africa unless you believe it to happening on a mass scale in other places of the world in which then you'll have to provide evidence for.

Who said anything about Catholics. It said Christian Africans are doing the acts. Perhaps you should put on your reading glasses before you post.

So, again why is fgm a part of Christianity?

Lisa

Superstar
Do you have a reading comprehension?

Studies have shown it mainly happens in Africa unless you believe it to happening on a mass scale in other places of the world in which then you'll have to provide evidence for.

Who said anything about Catholics. It said Christian Africans are doing the acts. Perhaps you should put on your reading glasses before you post.

So, again why is fgm a part of Christianity?
No, I don't have a reading comprehension problem, I heard ya, and I said its not just happening in Africa. Google it if you want another perspective, that's what I did.

I asked you if they were catholics doing it and you said
I don't know if they're Catholics but the reports just call them Christians and since the reports call them Christians they must be Christians and performing these acts it must be because it's a part of Christianity, right?
So, we don't even know if its really Christians doing that anyway.

Kung Fu

Superstar
No, I don't have a reading comprehension problem, I heard ya, and I said its not just happening in Africa. Google it if you want another perspective, that's what I did.

I asked you if they were catholics doing it and you said

So, we don't even know if its really Christians doing that anyway.
Apparently, you do. I said in a "mass scale".

The reports call them Christians. So if the report calls them Christians and they call themselves Christians than it's Christians doing it. So, is fgm part of Christianity now?