Is There Evidence For A Flat Earth?

I accept that the math and concepts add up.

Science can predict with accuracy when comets fly by and when the next eclipse will be and stuff.

Flat Earth proponents cannot answer these questions I posted or predict the next lunar and solar events. So...
Those things have nothing to do with the shape of the earth though. But I get it you trust what science says so that's what you'll go with while others do not trust what they say (100% of the time that is)

It was literally two hours tho? Remember tarikko came along and told me I was a dumb dumb and I had a good long think.

That long think changed my mind. It didn't make me believe the erath is a globe either (though I could easily accept the model because it actually makes sense)

I am now aware there isn't very good evidence for being able to view the curve of the Earth.

I know it can be observed as being curved but you cannot see this curve, no matter how high up you fly. And anyone who says they can or did see the Earth's curvature is lying.
Ehh like I said I doubt I'd remember you specifically holding a belief for only two hours but I shouldn't have said you were lying. My bad about that. The fact we can't observe a curve 10,000 feet in the air is proof enough for me. According to science the earth should be curving every so mikes do that high up and it should be noticeable.

Trenton

Veteran
main-qimg-0a54e56a778f371f52136b3f70ae1829-c.jpg

I see flat earthers post images like these often...

If the Earth was flat you'd see that entire city. Sidewalks and all. But you only see half of the buildings.

And there is no "lean" observable because they are leaning away from the observer. So of course you can't tell they are at a couple inches of lean.

So?? Why can't you see the whole buildings? If roughly 1/4 - 1/2 of the buildings height is concealed... That means there is curvature hiding the bottoms.

Illuminized

Established
Flat earth is a regression, ignoring the hard-won struggle of free-thinkers (i.e. Copernicus, Galileo, Kepler, Bruno) against a Church that had it's foundation in Ptolemy's system. One should read up on the Pythagoreans before discussing the subject, taking into consideration the worldview which prompted the aforementioned men to action. The pre-Socratic philosophers held exact conceptions of the world, which was misunderstood and rationalized by subsequent generations i.e. Aristotle, Pliny (though these still asserted a spherical Earth), plunging them into obscurity. Today, the pre-Socratic philosophers are recognized for their contributions to mathematics, astronomy, geography, and the like, but they are dismissed as first thinkers when it comes to their outlook on life. The pre-Socratic philosophers arrived at their conclusions, not by thinking about things (the Socratic approach), but from observation in Nature. It is alleged that Thales, Heraclitus, Anaximenes, etc. each proposed a different element for what constituted the world. But Anaximander, the pupil of Thales, seeing the changing between the four elements, makes it clear that there was a single, indefinite (apeiron) substance from which all matter came from. Chaos, an infinite void. The universe is composed of primordial atoms. It should also be noted that Anaximander was the first to hypothesize infinite worlds, something that was later picked up by the free-thinkers.

Julian states that the Jews correctly held some of their views on creation. He says:
It follows that, according to Moses, God is the creator of nothing that is incorporeal, but is only the disposer of matter that already existed. For the words, "And the earth was invisible and without form" can only mean that he regards the wet and dry substance as the original matter and that he introduces God as the disposer of this matter.

Trenton

Veteran
Those things have nothing to do with the shape of the earth though. But I get it you trust what science says so that's what you'll go with while others do not trust what they say (100% of the time that is)

Ehh like I said I doubt I'd remember you specifically holding a belief for only two hours but I shouldn't have said you were lying. My bad about that. The fact we can't observe a curve 10,000 feet in the air is proof enough for me. According to science the earth should be curving every so mikes do that high up and it should be noticeable.
That has to do with our line of sight.

The Earth curves roughly 8 inches every mile squared.

You will only see the observable horizon line. Wich of course will appear straight and "flat".

floss

Star
FE supported creation and that God is right above us. It also disproved anti-God concept such as Big Bang, Evolution, and there's no Aliens (are actually demons), another way the devil try to be slick and trick mens to think he doens't exist. Someone want us to feel insignificant like a piece of dust in this vast galaxies, promoting YOLO lifestyle. I actually hear kids saying their life doesn't matter due to being insignificant in this vast universe.

Try to visualize what they are teaching us:
1. earth rotate at 1,000 mph
2. earth orbits the sun at 70,000 mph
3. sun orbits the galaxy at 450,000 mph
4. galaxy orbits at 1,300,000 mph

So imagine all these wobbling but we still have the same night sky i.e Polaris, Orion and other constellations.

and we are supposed to believe "gravity" is holding all the waters on a ball. if we are created in God's image why does he need to create billions of other uninhabitable planets? shouldn't He just focus on one planet?

Bible Verses

"It is he who sits above the circle of the earth, and its inhabitants are like grasshoppers; who stretches out the heavens like a curtain, and spreads them like a tent to dwell in" Is. 40:22

Fear before him, all the earth: the world also shall be stable, that it be not moved. - 1 Chronicles 16:30

The LORD reigneth, he is clothed with majesty; the LORD is clothed with strength, wherewith he hath girded himself: the world also is stablished, that it cannot be moved. - Psalms 93:1

Say among the heathen that the LORD reigneth: the world also shall be established that it shall not be moved: he shall judge the people righteously. - Psalms 96:10

Who laid the foundations of the earth, that it should not be removed for ever. - Psalms 104:5

I believed FE debunked Big Bang, Evolution and Alien which ultimately will bring more people to God. They are trying to hide God as much as possible. God is pretty close to us than we think, maybe that's why when Jesus pray, he looked up to Heaven, that's where the Father God is literally =)

We are living inside a DOME!

Last edited:

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
I know it is slightly lazy to put up a YouTube video on a forum where a 2000 word essay might better fit the style, but this put it over far better than I could...

By the way @floss - I intend no disrespect here. You have a heart to be faithful to God's word. You may be interested in the findings presented in a movie called 'The Principle'.

http://www.theprinciplemovie.com

rainerann

Star
Planes fly around the world, there are pictures of the world, ships sail the world. No one has found the edge of the earth because it doesn't exist. NASA could lie about other stuff though.
This is exactly what I think about the subject.

FE supported creation and that God is right above us. It also disproved anti-God concept such as Big Bang, Evolution, and there's no Aliens (are actually demons), another way the devil try to be slick and trick mens to think he doens't exist. Someone want us to feel insignificant like a piece of dust in this vast galaxies, promoting YOLO lifestyle. I actually hear kids saying their life doesn't matter due to being insignificant in this vast universe.

Try to visualize what they are teaching us:
1. earth rotate at 1,000 mph
2. earth orbits the sun at 70,000 mph
3. sun orbits the galaxy at 450,000 mph
4. galaxy orbits at 1,300,000 mph

So imagine all these wobbling but we still have the same night sky i.e Polaris, Orion and other constellations.

and we are supposed to believe "gravity" is holding all the waters on a ball. if we are created in God's image why does he need to create billions of other uninhabitable planets? shouldn't He just focus on one planet?

Bible Verses

"It is he who sits above the circle of the earth, and its inhabitants are like grasshoppers; who stretches out the heavens like a curtain, and spreads them like a tent to dwell in" Is. 40:22

And the sun stood still, and the moon stayed, until the people had avenged themselves upon their enemies. Is not this written in the book of Jasher? So the sun stood still in the midst of heaven, and hasted not to go down about a whole day. - Joshua 10:13

Fear before him, all the earth: the world also shall be stable, that it be not moved. - 1 Chronicles 16:30

The LORD reigneth, he is clothed with majesty; the LORD is clothed with strength, wherewith he hath girded himself: the world also is stablished, that it cannot be moved. - Psalms 93:1

Say among the heathen that the LORD reigneth: the world also shall be established that it shall not be moved: he shall judge the people righteously. - Psalms 96:10

Who laid the foundations of the earth, that it should not be removed for ever. - Psalms 104:5

I believed FE debunked Big Bang, Evolution and Alien which ultimately will bring more people to God. They are trying to hide God as much as possible. God is pretty close to us than we think, maybe that's why when Jesus pray, he looked up to Heaven, that's where the Father God is literally =)

We are living inside a DOME!

Ahh Im not alone anymore (on VC)! lol As you posted the bible clearly establishes that the earth is stable which its not if its spinning and moving at the high speeds science tells us it is. Of course the bible saying something doesnt prove it to be true on its own merit but for people who believe the bible well then.... :D

View attachment 442

I see flat earthers post images like these often...

If the Earth was flat you'd see that entire city. Sidewalks and all. But you only see half of the buildings.

And there is no "lean" observable because they are leaning away from the observer. So of course you can't tell they are at a couple inches of lean.

So?? Why can't you see the whole buildings? If roughly 1/4 - 1/2 of the buildings height is concealed... That means there is curvature hiding the bottoms.
But if you could notice a curve on the ground, how wouldnt you be able to notice one thousands of feet in the air with a better vantage point of a larger area? Not to mention:

Trenton

Veteran
But if you could notice a curve on the ground, how wouldnt you be able to notice one thousands of feet in the air with a better vantage point of a larger area? Not to mention:

You will need to try to understand how our line of sight works... I'm not very good at explaining things since I am a visual and hands on learner. I understand how I can both observe the curve of earth and also see a flat plane when I'm looking outward.

Dunno what to tell you since I only understand what I percieve. Not that I've been taught this... I can actually see it and I just naturally understand it.

I'm also an artist so understanding perspective and stuff has come naturally to me.

Etagloc

Superstar
So apparently the earth is round :(

My sadness is like a vast pool of sadness
My heart is made heavy with grief
I can only hope
that the day will arrive
when a hero appears
with proof the earth is a hexagon

@Trenton Yea I cant really argue against what you perceive to see, but I think the video makes it clear when the boat and buoy was out of sight, but when zoomed in on with a camera, in sight again. If a person was just standing on the beach watching the ship sail away, they'd say "Its proof of a curve!" But when they zoom in on a camera and the ship returns to sight, then what?

Its kinda funny how people will fight believing or even looking into this theory but believe theres a "devil" out to get them or that a jewish guy died on their cross for their salvation lol... I mean the flat earth you can witness with your own eyes. Those things, not so much...

Beloved

Rookie
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ this.

Theories like this make all conspiracy theorists look like morons.
In case you didn't realize, conspiracy theorists look like morons to the majority. It doesn't matter if it's about the flat earth. Conspiracy theorists are not respected in this world and most people don't take them seriously.

But theres nothing proving earth's motion in the first place is the flat earth argument. But when we look up into the sky, we can observe the sun moving. So if we cant notice the earth moving on the ground but can look up and see the sun move across the sky, why exactly arent we going by our senses again?

When you say we measure time by the rotation of the earth, the argument is that thats because thats what "they" want us to believe. When in actually it is the sun's rotation that details time and the seasons. Which is why Joshua in the bible (allegedly) stopped the moon AND the sun. It didnt say he stopped the EARTH from rotating because thats not what they believed. Of course thats irrelevant to the atheists and those that dont believe the bible,, but for me, the flat earth matching my sense on ground, on boat, and in air, AND matching the bible's description of the earth was enough for me to get on board. The stuff floss added plus NASA's lies and NASA itself meaning to deceive in Hebrew (Nasha) was just icing on the cake.

Paranoia Daily

Veteran
Ahh Im not alone anymore (on VC)! lol As you posted the bible clearly establishes that the earth is stable which its not if its spinning and moving at the high speeds science tells us it is. Of course the bible saying something doesnt prove it to be true on its own merit but for people who believe the bible well then.... :D
The Bible? I was wondering how long it would take for religion to get involved...Lets look at it this way....The writer of Genesis supposedly was Moses who had never been any further than Israel and Egypt...He had no idea along with the rest what was going on above them....You can basically say he was ignorant about everything around and above him...I would hardly trust anyone who writes plants and trees into the equation before creating the Sun which shows how much he knew if he even existed.

So because you cannot feel the spin of the Earth is flat? And hell yeah the Earth is stable if it weren't neither you or I would be here now.....Also if gravity don't exist then anything that goes up will not come down.....No this FE stuff is more absurd than the Creation theory....

http://www.smarterthanthat.com/astronomy/top-10-ways-to-know-the-earth-is-not-flat/

But like Phil Platt of Bad Astronomy said once Quote "It's ridiculous to even bother rebutting the flat earth society." Unquote...

And with that I leave you to your own devices and good luck.

Last edited:

Paranoia Daily

Veteran
In case you didn't realize, conspiracy theorists look like morons to the majority. It doesn't matter if it's about the flat earth. Conspiracy theorists are not respected in this world and most people don't take them seriously.
Yeah your right and spouting stuff like this does not help the cause any.

Todd

Star
@floss and @KoncreteMind

Please help me understand what I observe in relation to a flat earth.

If the earth was flat then I would always have a line of sight to the sun. The idea that I can't see the sun because it's too far away doesn't fly. If that were the case then as the sun gets farther away it should gradually and continually shrink to a dot of light until it vanishes. That is not what I observe at all. There is noticeably no difference in the size of the sun from high noon to sunrise or sunset. At sunset or sunrise I can see half the sun. The only way to see half of the sun is for there to be something in the way. But if the earth is flat and the sun is above it, how can the earth block my view of half of the sun? You can't explain that with a flat earth.

floss

Star
The motion of the earth is why we have time. Time is a measure of motion. A flat, stationary earth cannot rotate. Therefore, if the earth was flat there would be no such thing as time.
What about the rotation of sun/moon. Would that create time?