Is The West In Decline?

Maes17

Superstar
Rome fell, because of the immorality of the people. If a country values self seeking pleasure, mammon, sexual decadence, materialism, drugs, selfishness, and violence over anything else then it will be ruled by corruption and greedy immoral people who value and take pleasure in the same things.
Definitely a selfishness these days.

care to elaborate?
People's concerns are centred on self-preservation and pursuing what is self-serving and expedient: the pleasurable path of least resistance. We tend to like to take the easy, convenient quick-fix, instead of pursuing goals that would take longer, would be harder, but would yield greater rewards, and build us up to be better people along the way. Turning away from serving your own desires and ego, and instead devoting yourself to the service of your community (i.e. trying to address problems it might have), is the meaningful path, but one that people increasingly turn away from. Every human being matters because each individual is a node in the network of their community, and in wider society. The individual is the smallest stratum of society. Therefore, actions they choose to take, and behaviours they cultivate, will have a wider effect, whether for better or worse. One more person who chooses to make nothing of him/herself, and chooses to pursue pleasure and desire (i.e. selfishness) over a meaningful goal, causes society to sink lower into chaos.

Maes17

Superstar
People's concerns are centred on self-preservation and pursuing what is self-serving and expedient: the pleasurable path of least resistance. We tend to like to take the easy, convenient quick-fix, instead of pursuing goals that would take longer, would be harder, but would yield greater rewards, and build us up to be better people along the way. Turning away from serving your own desires and ego, and instead devoting yourself to the service of your community (i.e. trying to address problems it might have), is the meaningful path, but one that people increasingly turn away from. Every human being matters because each individual is a node in the network of their community, and in wider society. The individual is the smallest stratum of society. Therefore, actions they choose to take, and behaviours they cultivate, will have a wider effect, whether for better or worse. One more person who chooses to make nothing of him/herself, and chooses to pursue pleasure and desire (i.e. selfishness) over a meaningful goal, causes society to sink lower into chaos.
That’s a more in depth way to put it.

I was gonna say people don’t give a damn these days. What do you want me to elaborate? I think the riots and clashes over social causes speak enough without I needing to say anything. Or is all that fake too?

There’s a point where we have to put these conspiracies aside and realize, society is angry. We need a leader. A loud voice that can reason.

Lyfe

Star
care to elaborate?
We are conditioned to value and pursue wealth, worldly success, and prestige to give life meaning and inherit worth in society by the gospel of the american dream and that through this pursuit its implied we will find fulfillment. All this does is alienate one from a life of service to others by replacing this value system with one that encourages its focus on self gain. We are basically trained to embrace a system of values that has its focus on self rather than others and this shapes our focus toward self for the rest of our life. Chasing and pursuing your dreams at face value has a seemingly positive message, but at the same time one that is very self centered in nature, because it puts self first and disregards others. It completely disregards the first two commandments given to man which is love God and love your neighbor. We have become a nation of vain and wanton consumers that lives for pleasure and to please ourselves. America needs to repent. I speak to myself included.

Rome fell, because of the immorality of the people. If a country values self seeking pleasure, mammon, sexual decadence, materialism, drugs, selfishness, and violence over anything else then it will be ruled by corruption and greedy immoral people who value and take pleasure in the same things.
This is one of the biggest misconceptions of history.
Rome did not fall due to decadence or immorality, if feel for a multitude of reasons, some of which Rome and the world in general.coubld not control.

First off natural disasters, in Peru a super volcano erupted, wiping out an entire society, it also effected the climate, the spot and ash that was sucked up into the atmosphere, was transported by weather systems across to Europe, the spot and ash would reflect the sun's rays causing the earth cool, leading to a plague virus that had lay dormant for centuries to reanimate, this virus would cause a serious plague across Asia, Africa and Europe due to trade routes, which weaken the Roman empire, which was already weaken by this point.

Which leads me to politics and empire - the Roman empire basically stretched itself to thin, they had so much land they could not control all of it, which led to wars and civil disobedience.

Immigration - because you start drooling about that term, it's not what you think, it's actually the Romans themselves who emigrated as they conquered other nations, to set up Roman systems of rule, these leaders married had children and set up routes in these nations, such as Britain and Egypt, those children grew up, had children them selves and due to this process the children and grandchildren would identify as the nation they were born in lot the nation they represented, leading to weakened systems of rule.

Famine - famines occured during the last era of the Roman empire, due to a number of factors like the volcano, weather systems ect. This would also cause civil unrest and issues which combined with the above issues.

Religion - religions changed, people adapted and evolved, a little unknown cult called Christianity was formed, many who followed it would cause rioting and would commit murder ( library of Alexandria is a famous example), societies declined due to Christianities take over and new rules, infrastructure was destroyed, bathing which was a Roman pasttime was seen as taboo and discussing due to Christianities hangups with the body, leading to disease and more plagues, meaning more death and weaker systems.

Nothing in this points to decadence leading to times fall, it's a common misconception that's peddled by conservative folks, in fact Christianities obsessions with sex and treating as a taboo evil thing, led to a decline in societal evolution, persecutions, a decline in learning and invention, death and disease, there's a reason they call it the dark ages after the Roman empire.

This is one of the biggest misconceptions of history.
Rome did not fall due to decadence or immorality, if feel for a multitude of reasons, some of which Rome and the world in general.coubld not control.

First off natural disasters, in Peru a super volcano erupted, wiping out an entire society, it also effected the climate, the spot and ash that was sucked up into the atmosphere, was transported by weather systems across to Europe, the spot and ash would reflect the sun's rays causing the earth cool, leading to a plague virus that had lay dormant for centuries to reanimate, this virus would cause a serious plague across Asia, Africa and Europe due to trade routes, which weaken the Roman empire, which was already weaken by this point.

Which leads me to politics and empire - the Roman empire basically stretched itself to thin, they had so much land they could not control all of it, which led to wars and civil disobedience.

Immigration - because you start drooling about that term, it's not what you think, it's actually the Romans themselves who emigrated as they conquered other nations, to set up Roman systems of rule, these leaders married had children and set up routes in these nations, such as Britain and Egypt, those children grew up, had children them selves and due to this process the children and grandchildren would identify as the nation they were born in lot the nation they represented, leading to weakened systems of rule.

Famine - famines occured during the last era of the Roman empire, due to a number of factors like the volcano, weather systems ect. This would also cause civil unrest and issues which combined with the above issues.

Religion - religions changed, people adapted and evolved, a little unknown cult called Christianity was formed, many who followed it would cause rioting and would commit murder ( library of Alexandria is a famous example), societies declined due to Christianities take over and new rules, infrastructure was destroyed, bathing which was a Roman pasttime was seen as taboo and discussing due to Christianities hangups with the body, leading to disease and more plagues, meaning more death and weaker systems.

Nothing in this points to decadence leading to times fall, it's a common misconception that's peddled by conservative folks, in fact Christianities obsessions with sex and treating as a taboo evil thing, led to a decline in societal evolution, persecutions, a decline in learning and invention, death and disease, there's a reason they call it the dark ages after the Roman empire.
The story of its ruin is simple and obvious; and, instead of inquiring why the Roman empire was destroyed, we should rather be surprised that it had subsisted so long. The victorious legions, who, in distant wars, acquired the vices of strangers and mercenaries, first oppressed the freedom of the republic, and afterwards violated the majesty of the purple. The emperors, anxious for their personal safety and the public peace, were reduced to the base expedient of corrupting the discipline which rendered them alike formidable to their sovereign and to the enemy; the vigour of the military government was relaxed, and finally dissolved, by the partial institutions of Constantine; and the Roman world was overwhelmed by a deluge of Barbarians.
— Edward Gibbon. The Decline and Fall of the Roman Empire, Chapter 38 "General Observations on the Fall of the Roman Empire in the West"

polymoog

Superstar
That’s a more in depth way to put it.

I was gonna say people don’t give a damn these days. What do you want me to elaborate? I think the riots and clashes over social causes speak enough without I needing to say anything. Or is all that fake too?

There’s a point where we have to put these conspiracies aside and realize, society is angry. We need a leader. A loud voice that can reason.
it was a vague statement and it could have referred to several things so i wanted to hear from you in full. i actually thought you were referring to something else.
riots and clashes are not fake as far as i can tell, but the spark that set it off is fake and the police provocateurs instigating is falsely creating some of the violence.

ive got to disagree that the conspiracies should be cast aside. if we do that, we would risk not being vigilant to the psy-ops that TPTB bombard us with on television. society is angry because they are being manipulated. if everyone paid attention to conspiracies, the only protests would be against our enslavers. we could simply stop giving them the power.

Wigi

Veteran
there's a reason they call it the dark ages after the Roman empire.
The term 'dark ages' was an invention of biased scholars who wanted to shame the past. No infrastructures has been destroyed and yes the Roman empire was decadent, we just need to read about pre-christian emperors to be convinced.

The term 'dark ages' was an invention of biased scholars who wanted to shame the past. No infrastructures has been destroyed and yes the Roman empire was decadent, we just need to read about pre-christian emperors to be convinced.
again thats a misconception, the term dark ages actually has a very neutral reason, its basically called that due to the fact we have very little information, because very few people, wrote or documented the era and art was barely made, so historians have very little information, hence we are in the dark, ergo the ark ages.

But it cannot be ignored that the introduction of Christianity to human history goes along with the decline of civilisation due to early Christians obsession with shame. bathing became a thing of shame due to the body being on show, so people became dirty and this led to disease, plumbing went down hill so again disease was more prevalent. you cant blame Christianity completely for the decline fo civilisation as i said natural disasters and other elements contributed, but they did make the situation worse by seeing such situations as a punishment from god and introducing shame to religion.

Maes17

Superstar
it was a vague statement and it could have referred to several things so i wanted to hear from you in full. i actually thought you were referring to something else.
riots and clashes are not fake as far as i can tell, but the spark that set it off is fake and the police provocateurs instigating is falsely creating some of the violence.

ive got to disagree that the conspiracies should be cast aside. if we do that, we would risk not being vigilant to the psy-ops that TPTB bombard us with on television. society is angry because they are being manipulated. if everyone paid attention to conspiracies, the only protests would be against our enslavers. we could simply stop giving them the power.
Lol. I’m being a jokester. Sarcasm is a hard thing to get across on a forum. :p

And yes. Conspiracies do make one think critically and deeper than just what’s presented at face value.

I personally am at the point where I am cautious of the news. Msm and “woke” sources.

The wishy wash media especially with covid has turned me away

polymoog

Superstar
No, things are getting better, and they’ll keep on getting better, you just need to change your perceptions and get rid of all the negative thinking and be positive and have positive perception of everything. It’s getting better.
the only thing improving from year to year is the technology... mechanical/AI and genetic. and both are used against us.

Maes17

Superstar
the only thing improving from year to year is the technology... mechanical/AI and genetic. and both are used against us.
Genetic is the silent killer.

A.I. - at least we can see it coming. Except for the smart phones, tvs and such

SevenThunders

True in part. However Rome also allowed unfettered foreign immigration. They let the Goths come into their country and then used them as slaves more or less until the Goths were running the Roman military. The Goths reached a tipping point and sacked Rome.

This sounds kind of familiar as well. There are parallels with our inability to maintain the integrity of our borders.

Rome fell because God wanted it to fall, because Rome was anti-Christ

America will fall too because God wants it to fall, because America is anti-Christ

you need not to speculate any further