Is the Story of Jesus a re-telling of Horus?

Aero

Superstar
Some of you really make good cases to take the bible literally. But I could never do so. The story of Adam and Eve simply could not of happened like written. Adam and Eve were just the strongest humans, with the best genes. Maybe it's because of some Gods influence, or it's just evolution.

Humanity originating from only 2 people has one serious problem. And it's not the incest factor. It's simply a question of resources. 2 people are going to start a huge family and be able to provide for them all and create a society? They say Rome was created by two people raised by wolves. I believe that, but again. They weren't the only 2 people in the world.

Lady

Star
Don't forget the environment that the first couple existed in. It was a world that mankind has never known since the fall.
Gen. 1:31
1 And God saw every thing that he had made, and, behold, it was very good. And the evening and the morning were the sixth day.

If our perfect Father called His creation very good, then we can believe it was. I believe it was created to sustain a new race-people-and abundantly so. We remember that we look at these marvels with human understanding, and limited information, either due to what God has revealed or men deciding to remove information from our scriptures.

It is a good area of study for anyone who has time and motivation as there are a few different theories out there to consider.

mecca

Superstar
That classic depiction of Adam and Eve... is it real? Did they really look like that because I don't think so. Also how would we determine what they looked like in the 1st place?

Aero

Superstar
Don't forget the environment that the first couple existed in. It was a world that mankind has never known since the fall.
Gen. 1:31
1 And God saw every thing that he had made, and, behold, it was very good. And the evening and the morning were the sixth day.

If our perfect Father called His creation very good, then we can believe it was. I believe it was created to sustain a new race-people-and abundantly so. We remember that we look at these marvels with human understanding, and limited information, either due to what God has revealed or men deciding to remove information from our scriptures.

It is a good area of study for anyone who has time and motivation as there are a few different theories out there to consider.
Sustaining a civilization is one thing. But to flourish into the cultures we have today you need more than that. You need agriculture, you need advanced hunting strategies. You need to trade and share ideas with other civilizations.

A garden isn't enough to of fed the earliest humans. They needed to hunt and eat meat. A lot of meat actually.

mecca

Superstar
They needed to hunt and eat meat.
Why do they need meat though?
Right now, if humans stopped farming so many animals and growing food for them, and started planting food that's for people, we could basically feed the world. Instead we take up land and use it for mass bred animals and growing food for them. (but i'm talking about earth right now so... idk about the garden)

Lady

Star
That classic depiction of Adam and Eve... is it real? Did they really look like that because I don't think so. Also how would we determine what they looked like in the 1st place?
Looked like what?

Lady

Star
Sustaining a civilization is one thing. But to flourish into the cultures we have today you need more than that. You need agriculture, you need advanced hunting strategies. You need to trade and share ideas with other civilizations.

A garden isn't enough to of fed the earliest humans. They needed to hunt and eat meat. A lot of meat actually.
Sounds as if you have been following the paleo-diet, aero! Lol.
I would do a study from a variety of angles, including a biblical view so you can get some of your questions answered.
Many have walked in your shoes before you with questions about the Creation. God is faithful if you do REALLY seek to understand.
Proverbs 25:2
It is the glory of God to conceal a thing, but the honor of kings to search out a matter.

mecca

Superstar
"...In the image of God created He him; male and female He created them." Gen. 1:27
Your guess is as good as mine!
This is why I don't like when artists try to draw Biblical and holy figures... who're they to determine their appearance anyway. It's kinda weird to me. Then people worship with that certain image in their head and it's probably completely wrong.

Lady

Star
You are right. I wish it could be otherwise. Maybe that is another reason why God gave Moses the command to not make any graven images, or any likeness of anything...(2nd commandment).
Of course, Satan always attempts to steer man away from God and what He has commanded for man to please Him.

mecca

Superstar
You are right. I wish it could be otherwise. Maybe that is another reason why God gave Moses the command to not make any graven images, or any likeness of anything...(2nd commandment).
Of course, Satan always attempts to steer man away from God and what He has commanded for man to please Him.
Yeah

Camidria

Veteran
But to flourish into the cultures we have today you need more than that. You need agriculture, you need advanced hunting strategies. You need to trade and share ideas with other civilizations.
There is a apocrypha book about Adam and Eve, and you basically get the idea that Yehuwah taught Adam and Eve many of the things they needed to know to develop a rich culture, after the fall Azazel and a third of the angels in heaven fell and landed on mount Hermon. From there they took for themselves wives and they were worshipped as gods, they taught people the making of weapons, astrology and many other things that contributed to their cultures. Then the flood came, and after the flood when people began to multiply again many went their own way. At the tower of Babel the languages were confused so people broke up into the different language groups and spread out from there (that is why there are about 200 or more flood legends with the same story of Noah but just with different names, people's cultures developed from there, and those that still had the corrupted dna from the fallen angels basically helped shaped the rest of their history. This is also according to the book of Enoch and a few other tablets and old documents found.

mecca

Superstar
Oh that, yeah agreed maybe green eyes or a blend, green with brown flecs, but we'll never know. For me its better than all the other renditions :)
Supposedly lighter colored eyes like blue eyes and green eyes resulted from a genetic mutation, so it's most probable that the 1st humans had only eyes colored in shades of brown.

JoChris

Superstar
There is a apocrypha book about Adam and Eve, and you basically get the idea that Yehuwah taught Adam and Eve many of the things they needed to know to develop a rich culture, after the fall Azazel and a third of the angels in heaven fell and landed on mount Hermon. From there they took for themselves wives and they were worshipped as gods, they taught people the making of weapons, astrology and many other things that contributed to their cultures. Then the flood came, and after the flood when people began to multiply again many went their own way. At the tower of Babel the languages were confused so people broke up into the different language groups and spread out from there (that is why there are about 200 or more flood legends with the same story of Noah but just with different names, people's cultures developed from there, and those that still had the corrupted dna from the fallen angels basically helped shaped the rest of their history. This is also according to the book of Enoch and a few other tablets and old documents found.
I skimmed through that quite a while ago and remembering thinking "Gnosticism everywhere". Secret hidden knowledge (to gain power and wisdom not received otherwise), not faith in God for salvation.
That's why it's not in the bible even though it appears to fill in gaps.

Camidria

Veteran
I skimmed through that quite a while ago and remembering thinking "Gnosticism everywhere".
Hmmm, the source I got it from was a guy on youtube I have been following that basically read and explained these apocrypha (I usually listen to these things whilst doing my boring housework) so I'll have a look at it again, thanks! :) Was this just the book of Adam you read?