Is the Story of Jesus a re-telling of Horus?

King David

Established
Nice attempt, Thunderian. I have an idea of whom we are interacting with.
You really don't and that's why you're lost. You follow a prophet whose name means Zeus. You fling insults and condemnation on someone who has brought truth and been kind. You are corrupt in your mind and prideful. :(

Lady

Star
You really don't and that's why you're lost. You follow a prophet whose name means Zeus. You fling insults and condemnation on someone who has brought truth and been kind. You are corrupt in your mind and prideful. :(
Sir, you know nothing about me, but I have now found out about you. Believe when I say I am questioning the validity of 99.9% of what you have posted. Please spare us all the reprimand stating how I am destined for hell because I found you out.

Camidria

Veteran
You fling insults and condemnation on someone who has brought truth and been kind. You are corrupt in your mind and prideful. :(
KD I am trying to be objective here, Thundarian and others who have interacted with you has never called your beliefs "satanic or pagan" we have never told you that "you will be sorry" we have never once called you any names, we have never called any language a "Satanic Language" (as Jahuwah after all created all the languages at the tower of Babel remember?). We have never said to you "Who are you to challenge Me? Put your hand over your mouth" or said "you are stupid, blind and arrogant." these are your words my friend, and then you wonder why people are getting agitated? Where is the basic human respect? The way I see you talk to us is as if we are lower than you?

Sorry I am soft spoken but I cannot keep quiet about this anymore, if you want respect treat others with respect!!!

Last edited:

King David

Established
Nice attempt, Thunderian. I have an idea of whom we are interacting with.
You really don't and that's why your so lost. You follow a prophet whose name means Zeus. You fling insults and condemnation on someone who has brought truth and been kind. You are corrupt in your mind and prideful. :(
KD I am trying to be objective here, Thundarian and others who have interacted with you has never called your beliefs "satanic or pagan" we have never told you that "you will be sorry" we have never once called you any names, we have never called any language a "Satanic Language" (as Jahuwah after all created all the languages at the tower of Babel remember?). We have never said to you "Who are you to challenge Me? Put your hand over your mouth" or said "you are stupid, blind and arrogant." these are your words my friend, and then you wonder why people are getting agitated? Where is the basic human respect? The way I see you talk to us is as if we are lower than you?

Sorry I am soft spoken but I cannot keep quiet about this anymore, if you want respect treat others with respect!!!
You have spoken in error Camidria. You have sided with those who are Anti-Yahuwah. You have sided with those who scoff and backbite at the truth while holding onto pagan lies.

I was stern for a reason and the reason is this: at the moment in your sin and arrogance, He despises you the way He despised Me when I was a lost sinner.

Turn and repent from your wickedness and you will be blessed and saved.

Shalom :)

King David

Established
Sir, you know nothing about me, but I have now found out about you. Believe when I say I am questioning the validity of 99.9% of what you have posted. Please spare us all the reprimand stating how I am destined for hell because I found you out.
You question 99.9% of what I've written, because you know less than 0.01% of the Truth.

Who will believe Our report? :(

King David

Established
Please show from the Old Testament where God has declared that the name Jesus = Zeus.
More revelation would come to you if you just looked up Zechariah 3-4, Ezekiel 34-37, and Malachi 4 in regards to the comment you left regarding Genesis 49 and "Joseph."

JoChris

Superstar
So you are unable to show it from the OT, the only reliable source according to you. What a surprise....

King David, please stop using other religions/ cultures' writings to support your claims about the bible.

Renegade

Veteran
The name Zeus is not revealed in the Old Testament, this truth is revealed by the study of ancient Greek.

Shalom
Can we see this study...?
The etymology of the names Jesus and Zeus are not related in any way
http://mythology.stackexchange.com/questions/1450/what-is-the-relationship-between-jesus-iseous-and-zeus

Jesus is the Medieval Latin spelling of Iesus (the 'i' is consonantal), itself derived from the Greek Ἰησοῦς, as bleh noted, which transcribed in Latin characters would be Iesous, close to your Iseous (which does not otherwise exist as a name).

The name is ultimately Semitic, and came into Greek as the Aramaic שׁוּעַ (Yeshua), from the Hebrew יְהוֹשֻׁעַ (Yehoshuah, which in English we usually "translate" to Joshua).

There is no relationship between that name and Zeus, which is proto-Indo-European and only looks similar to Iesus in its late form—its stem is dio- (whence Dios "of Zeus", and its many derivatives in names like Dionysus and Diomedes or even Dioscuri, the two "sons of Zeus"). This name ultimately comes from the PIE root *dewos, and is related to the Latin deus, Old Persian daiva-, both words for god, as well as the Latin dies or Russian день (dyen') meaning "day".

King David

Established
So you are unable to show it from the OT, the only reliable source according to you. What a surprise....

King David, please stop using other religions/ cultures' writings to support your claims about the bible.
Why the caustic tone? Take caution in your words to Me please. Have you read Psalm 89:23?

"I will beat down His foes before His face and plague those who hate Him."

Do you see how you keep ignoring looking into Scripture to answer the questions you have posed to me? The "Old Testament" isn't the ONLY source of knowledge in the world. You are probably confusing what I wrote about eschatological Truth only coming from the Hebrew Scriptures.

There is no study of Greek in the "Old Testament," so trying to trap me there is really obtuse.

Shalom

JoChris

Superstar
Why the caustic tone?
You say caustic, I say blunt.
Have you read Psalm 89:23?
"I will beat down His foes before His face and plague those who hate Him."
Whole psalm. https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=psalm+89&version=KJV
"20 I have found David my servant; with my holy oil have I anointed him:
21 With whom my hand shall be established: mine arm also shall strengthen him.
22 The enemy shall not exact upon him; nor the son of wickedness afflict him.
23 And I will beat down his foes before his face, and plague them that hate him."

Are you claiming to be the King David of the Old Testament? He died a very long time ago you know. https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=1+kings+2:1-10&version=KJV
Can you find any bible verses to support reincarnation?
Do you see how you keep ignoring looking into Scripture to answer the questions you have posed to me?
I look at the passage you quote every time. Every time it is out of context and I give the bible link or quote it directly to prove that.
The "Old Testament" isn't the ONLY source of knowledge in the world.
Exactly. What is stopping you from using the New Testament then?

Peace to you to and guidance from your Lord! This is the story of Jesus as told in the Quran:

And mention, [O Muhammad], in the Book [the story of] Mary, when she withdrew from her family to a place toward the east. (16) And she took, in seclusion from them, a screen. Then We sent to her Our Angel, and he represented himself to her as a well-proportioned man. (17) She said, "Indeed, I seek refuge in the Most Merciful from you, [so leave me], if you should be fearing of Allah." (18) He said, "I am only the messenger of your Lord to give you [news of] a pure boy." (19) She said, "How can I have a boy while no man has touched me and I have not been unchaste?" (20) He said, "Thus [it will be]; your Lord says, 'It is easy for Me, and We will make him a sign to the people and a mercy from Us. And it is a matter [already] decreed.' " (21) So she conceived him, and she withdrew with him to a remote place. (22) And the pains of childbirth drove her to the trunk of a palm tree. She said, "Oh, I wish I had died before this and was in oblivion, forgotten." (23) But he called her from below her, "Do not grieve; your Lord has provided beneath you a stream. (24) And shake toward you the trunk of the palm tree; it will drop upon you ripe, fresh dates. (25)So eat and drink and be contented. And if you see from among humanity anyone, say, 'Indeed, I have vowed to the Most Merciful abstention, so I will not speak today to [any] man.' " (26) Then she brought him to her people, carrying him. They said, "O Mary, you have certainly done a thing unprecedented. (27) O sister of Aaron, your father was not a man of evil, nor was your mother unchaste." (28) So she pointed to him. They said, "How can we speak to one who is in the cradle a child?" (29) [Jesus] said, "Indeed, I am the servant of Allah. He has given me the Scripture and made me a prophet. (30) And He has made me blessed wherever I am and has enjoined upon me prayer and zakah as long as I remain alive (31) And [made me] dutiful to my mother, and He has not made me a wretched tyrant. (32) And peace is on me the day I was born and the day I will die and the day I am raised alive." (33) That is Jesus, the son of Mary - the word of truth about which they are in dispute. (34) It is not [befitting] for Allah to take a son; exalted is He! When He decrees an affair, He only says to it, "Be," and it is. (35) [Jesus said], "And indeed, Allah is my Lord and your Lord, so worship Him. That is a straight path." (36) Then the factions differed [concerning Jesus] from among them, so woe to those who disbelieved - from the scene of a tremendous Day. (37) How [clearly] they will hear and see the Day they come to Us, but the wrongdoers today are in clear error. (38)

Lisa

Superstar
From the Bible;

Now in the sixth month the angel Gabriel was sent from God to a city in Galilee called Nazareth, to a virgin engaged to a man whose name was Joseph, of the descendants of David; and the virgin's name was Mary. And coming in, he said to her, "Greetings, favored one! The Lord is with you." But she was very perplexed at this statement, and kept pondering what kind of salutation this was. The angel said to her, "Do not be afraid, Mary; for you have found favor with God. And behold, you will conceive in your womb and bear a son, and you shall name Him Jesus. He will be great and will be called the Son of the Most High; and the Lord God will give Him the throne of His father David; and He will reign over the house of Jacob forever, and His kingdom will have no end." Mary said to the angel, "How can this be, since I am a virgin?" The angel answered and said to her, "The Holy Spirit will come upon you, and the power of the Most High will overshadow you; and for that reason the holy Child shall be called the Son of God. And behold, even your relative Elizabeth has also conceived a son in her old age; and she who was called barren is now in her sixth month. For nothing will be impossible with God." And Mary said, "Behold, the bondslave of the Lord; may it be done to me according to your word." And the angel departed from her.”
Luke 1:26-38

Edit: John 3:16
For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son that whomsoever believes in Him will not perish but have everlasting life! :)

Last edited:

King David

Established
You say caustic, I say blunt.

Whole psalm. https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=psalm+89&version=KJV
"20 I have found David my servant; with my holy oil have I anointed him:
21 With whom my hand shall be established: mine arm also shall strengthen him.
22 The enemy shall not exact upon him; nor the son of wickedness afflict him.
23 And I will beat down his foes before his face, and plague them that hate him."

Are you claiming to be the King David of the Old Testament? He died a very long time ago you know. https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=1+kings+2:1-10&version=KJV
Can you find any bible verses to support reincarnation?

I look at the passage you quote every time. Every time it is out of context and I give the bible link or quote it directly to prove that.
Exactly. What is stopping you from using the New Testament then?
Yes, you are uncompromisingly forthright for sure. And to you own peril. :(

Please listen, the New Testament contradicts what My Father gave to His prophets. The New Testament is a lie that was conjured up by Satan through the Roman pagan church. It was proliferated by the murderous crusades that are still going on today.

As a Christian apologist, have you ever studied the copious amounts of contradictions in the NT, such as Jesus' genealogy, the disciples names, where they were found, how the tomb was discovered, what was written above the cross etc? I mean from an objective source?

But even before this... I suggest you do a deeper study of the "Old Testament" and you will find that Yahuwah never said He would send Jesus. He says He does not change (Haggai 2:8) and that His Law is forever (Psalm 119:160).

If anything, please look up that Psalm. I'd hate to see you die not knowing the Truth: that Jesus and Saul changed the law to trick you...

JoChris

Superstar
1. There are SO many prophecies about the coming Messiah from the OT fulfilled by Jesus in the NT.
http://jewsforjesus.org/answers/top-40-most-helpful-messianic-prophecies/

Colossians 2:9 For in Him (Jesus) dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily.

Isaiah 43:18 remember ye not the former things, neither consider the things of old.19 Behold, I will do a new thing; now it shall spring forth; shall ye not know it? I will even make a way in the wilderness, and rivers in the desert.

You also got your quote source wrong.
Malachi 3:5 And I will come near to you to judgment; and I will be a swift witness against the sorcerers, and against the adulterers, and against false swearers, and against those that oppress the hireling in his wages, the widow, and the fatherless, and that turn aside the stranger from his right, and fear not me, saith the Lord of hosts.

6 For I am the Lord, I change not; therefore ye sons of Jacob are not consumed.

7 Even from the days of your fathers ye are gone away from mine ordinances, and have not kept them. Return unto me, and I will return unto you, saith the Lord of hosts. But ye said, Wherein shall we return?

That is not saying God never does anything new, is it? God's character does not change.

Last edited: