Is the Story of Jesus a re-telling of Horus?

JoChris

Superstar
Hmmm, the source I got it from was a guy on youtube I have been following that basically read and explained these apocrypha (I usually listen to these things whilst doing my boring housework) so I'll have a look at it again, thanks! :) Was this just the book of Adam you read?
Not sure. I had just skimmed it and shook my head.
A lot of the pseudiegraphica weren't even written anywhere near the time period they're supposed to be writing. I personally find it hard to believe texts about Adam and Eve, Jesus' life etc. if they were written well AFTER 1st century AD.

Aero

Superstar
Why do they need meat though?
Right now, if humans stopped farming so many animals and growing food for them, and started planting food that's for people, we could basically feed the world. Instead we take up land and use it for mass bred animals and growing food for them. (but i'm talking about earth right now so... idk about the garden)
As humans evolved our brains got bigger. Science has confirmed that is had to do with the consumption of animal protein.

I'm sure God taught Adam and Eve many great things. Maybe the Garden was perfect and the Deer would just stand there and let Adam shoot them. Maybe Cain was a beast and started hunting with his father at the age of 5.

It all just flies against everything we know about science. Contestants on that show "Naked and Afraid" can't even hunt for food. Seriously, sometimes they just sit there and starve instead of even trying. They Definitely aren't descendants of Horus, that's for sure

Lisa

Superstar
As humans evolved our brains got bigger. Science has confirmed that is had to do with the consumption of animal protein.

I'm sure God taught Adam and Eve many great things. Maybe the Garden was perfect and the Deer would just stand there and let Adam shoot them. Maybe Cain was a beast and started hunting with his father at the age of 5.

It all just flies against everything we know about science. Contestants on that show "Naked and Afraid" can't even hunt for food. Seriously, sometimes they just sit there and starve instead of even trying. They Definitely aren't descendants of Horus, that's for sure
But don't you think that if you are born into a society that you have to hunt to eat, you will. Those people on naked and afraid live in the modern world...we have grocery stores.

Aero

Superstar
But don't you think that if you are born into a society that you have to hunt to eat, you will. Those people on naked and afraid live in the modern world...we have grocery stores.
Of course but that doesn't change the laws of nature. Animals eat plants and fruit. Bugs eat plants, and fruit. Humans are going to be eating the plants and fruit. What I'm saying is, I don't care how perfect a garden is. It will be wiped out in no time.

I would believe it more if the vicious struggle had to do with the day to day finding of food after the first year. Maybe it did, but from my understanding the siblings were battling each other.

Lady

Star
Oh that, yeah agreed maybe green eyes or a blend, green with brown flecs, but we'll never know. For me its better than all the other renditions :)
Did you notice the green grape dripping red grape juice? Some symbolism in this depiction called Forbidden Fruit.

Camidria

Veteran
Did you notice the green grape dripping red grape juice? Some symbolism in this depiction called Forbidden Fruit.
Yes there is, what do you think it symbolizes? I think it means by eating the forbidden fruit she brought death into the world as God told them

Lady

Star
Oh that, yeah agreed maybe green eyes or a blend, green with brown flecs, but we'll never know. For me its better than all the other renditions :)

I think of Christ's sacrifice due to the very act depicted in the painting.
Christ, Who is called the Second Adam, came to "undo" what the first Adam did to bring the curse of sin into this world.

kooldesi1

Another low quality post @ King David.
Maybe you should study the underlying metaphysics of egyptian mythology.

What Horus actually represented was the kabbalistic tree of life...or Adam Kadmon ie the archetype of the perfect man, the higher self. Set represented the tree of death or the shadow of the perfect man ie the satanic self.
Jesus Christ was representing the Logos which transcends duality. The counterpart of the logos in egyptian mythology was Nu.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nu_(mythology)

The watery abyss/ocean represents the Logos/universal consciousness.
The Nun is the source of all that appears in a differentiated world, encompassing all aspects of divine and earthly existence. In the Ennead cosmogony Nun is perceived as transcendent at the point of creation alongside Atum the creator god.[

Notice Atum is the 'creator God' ie Atum represents causation, from which duality also appears.

Now The Logos or Nu is also Vishnu in hinduism.
Brahma (causation) is the same as Atum in egyptian mythology.
The fish also symbolises the Ocean (ie vishnu)
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Matsya
in this story the fish carried Manu from the water
Manu, is wrongly compared to Noah and the water to the flood story. Manu is basically once again, the primordial man....the tree of life.

Nu is actually connected with Khidr AS (but few people really know that) and in the same story of Moses meeting Khidr AS in the Quran, they meet at the junction of 2 seas (representing the duality of yin/yang) and the 'fish' represents this meeting point.
Khidr AS is a figure who is very much like Jesus Christ AS and the new testament teachings of higher consciousness (ie above the LAW which connects to duality).
65So they found one of Our servants, on whom We had bestowed Mercy from Ourselves and whom We had taught knowledge from Our own Presence.
Ie Khidr AS had achieved universal consciousness.

In the sufi myths Khidr AS makes regular appearances in the waters, his appearance is 'green' ie it's basically like Nu.

In islam Nun is also the Divine Pen which precedes the Divine Tablet...
again in sufi myths the ocean represents the 'ink' from which the pen writes down the Loh al Mahfooz (ie the akashic records/destinies of all things ie the code of creation).
The pen is basically symbolic of the same story of Matsaya in hinduism from which 'Manu' the primordial man came into being.

Surah al-Qalam
http://www.searchtruth.com/chapter_display.php?chapter=68&translator=2&mac=

In fact in this Surah it begins with 'Nun' but it ends with the story of Jonah ie being saved by the Whale.

That story of Jonah being thrown into the ocean and saved by the whale is basically symbolic of the Matsaya story.

what will your next thread be about? are you going to compare Yahweh to Santa Claus?

AspiringSoul I agree with what you said, but I just want to make some clarification. Hope this helps:

According to Vedas before creation there was Void (nothingness). On the First Day or before anything, there was only a formless God called by one of several names MahaVishnu / Paarbrahm / Brahman / ParamAtma (meaning first soul). On the Second Day the Formless God made the universe. On the Third day the Formless God first formed himself as Vishnu and from the navel of Vishnu came Brahma in a Lotus flower and from the side of Vishnu came Shiva, which is also called trinity (creator, mediator, destroyer). On the fourth day the Formless God gave the Four Vedas (holy book) to Brahma. According to Sikh Gurus there are 24 Avatars of the formless God, Brahman, hence how you get the 24 Elders in the Book of Revelation.

If we have to compare it to Egyptian mythology, then it will be as following:

ATUM = Brahman / ParamAtma – you can see how ATUM and ATMA are similar

Both of them are described as to be the first god, having created themselves. They are considered as the beginning and the end.

Vishnu = RA

Both of them are considered as sun god. Both of them believed to rule in all parts of the created world: the sky, the earth, and the underworld. Vishnu is also known by the name of Raam and Krishna (Christ).

RA is also known as Atum-RA meaning came from Atum; While One of the name of BRAHMAN is MahaVishnu and Vishnu means part of MahaVishnu.

Thoth = Brahma

Both of them are known for the system of writing, the development of science, calculations for the establishment of the heavens, stars, Earth and everything in them (species, vegetation, land mass and etc…)

GEB/SEB = SHIVA

GEB/SEB was the Egyptian god of the Earth, Shiva is known as God of Underworld or as the Destroyer. Both had a snake around their head. It was believed in ancient Egypt that Geb's laughter created earthquakes (destruction) and that he allowed crops to grow. The name was pronounced as such from the Greek period onward and was originally read as Seb or some guess as Keb. Shiva is known as the controller of Demons and Ghosts.

GEB was the father of Osiris or Asur; In Sanskrit Asur means Demon

Nu = World Ocean or Primordial Waters

APEP = Sheshnag (both are snakes)

While in Egyptian Mythology it states that RA and APEP where enemies and Atum is sitting on a mound (benben), from the primordial waters (Nu); In Hinduism it is said that Vishnu sits on the body of Sheshnag on the Primordial Waters. In both Hinduism and Egyptian APEP or Sheshanag are shown to be siblings of RA / Vishnu. When Vishnu came on earth as Raam, Sheshanag came as his brother Laxman; and when Vishnu came on earth as Krishna, Sheshanag came as his brother Balraam.

Sikh’s first Guru said that if you do good deeds, pray to God every day and make charity and then the God will come as a boat to carry you across the world ocean. RA is also shown as travelling in the world ocean on his boat. On the side note, the meaning of Jehovah in Sanskrit is Jeho/Jeeo = Soul and Vah is Vessel. So Yahweh/Jehovah means carrier of Soul. In Sikhism, the name of the God is Vah-e-Guru meaning the vessel is the main Guru / God.

The only thing difference between Hinduism and Egyptian is that while in Hinduism Brahma is considered as the creator of all species and Vishnu is the mediator, in Egyptian RA is the creator and Thoth is the mediator.

In reality we all pray to the same God from beginning of time, but Satan had created divisions in the form of religion that we start hating the same God that we pray to just because the name or the way of worship is different. Do we stop drinking water if we go to another country because it is called Agua/Aqua or whatever name they call water by?

Camidria

Veteran
In reality we all pray to the same God from beginning of time, but Satan had created divisions in the form of religion that we start hating the same God that we pray to just because the name or the way of worship is different. Do we stop drinking water if we go to another country because it is called Agua/Aqua or whatever name they call water by?
Perhaps you should star a separate thread on this, with your information that you posted above, but I really must say that we are definitely not worshipping the same God, what Brahma teaches and what Jehuwah teaches are vastly different....

@kooldesi1 i'll look into everything you wrote and reply properly later.
Religions are an interpretation of the inner experiences..
all humans are the same, therefore we have various overlapping interpretations..but obviously there's a lot of context to take into account.
they are not all correct religions nor do they need to all agree with each other...but it takes a clear mind to dissect and take out what matters from them.
When I read the Gita the first time, i was coming off the back of some study of the new testament (ie the logos) theme and i'd also read sufi literature for a good while already.
Technically on the surface the Gita=kufr/shirk ie krishna is perceived to be 'God' just as Vishnu is perceived to be God. However i looked beyond this in the same way i look beyond christian theology on the Logos/Jesus ie it is the same Essence being revealed but just interpreted in a different way to islam.
Still there was plenty for me to take from the Gita. I'd never previously known what non-action and right-action were in the context. Having understood this theme through the Gita it allowed me to further understand the new testament and the Quranic references to it. It also allowed me to understand various sufi ideas that were almost lost in themselves (ie ibn arabi's wahdat al wujud).
Perhaps you should star a separate thread on this, with your information that you posted above, but I really must say that we are definitely not worshipping the same God, what Brahma teaches and what Jehuwah teaches are vastly different....
the teachings of the old testament are vastly different to the teachings of the new testament.
Of course i also view the Torah as a mix of the logical truth and mythological truth
think about the way it describes God walking about in the garden of Eden, conversing with Adam.
it is so bad that i have to see it as some 'mythological truth' there is no other way to see it.
people turn athiest when they read those things.
but if it is mythological truth (and im sure it is) it tells you just how privimitve humans used to be in understanding the nature of God.
in comparison the Hindus were far more advanced in some aspecs. I think where hindu philosophy excelled was in exploring and explaining the nature of the mind ie peeling the layers. Buddhism too (but buddhism isn't seperate from hinduism).
however externally hinduism is just outright polythiestic/pagan and is viewed as a silly religion by muslims.
With all that said, islam is a religion that has no limits ie it's open to all of these same topics. A lot of knowledge was lost in our past (ie the burning of the Bhagdad library for example)..but i've found a hell of a lot of knowledge in islam through sufi islam (a lot of nonsense too).