Is the shut down a cover for spending massive amounts of money on something other than a wall?

gcha8e

Rookie
The end of the world... yet again.

The narrative is this, Trump is threatening to use Pentagon funds to build a wall with his emergency powers. I am worried that in so doing, he will be taking the steering wheel of the car that BUsh and Obama built for him. Under Bush: the Patriot Act, and the Dept of Homeland Secruty, the citizen spying network, the invasion of the Middle East. Under Obama, the solidification of the new Government powers and a new era of identity crisis, fear mongering and citizenship questions. There were also a great deal of budgetary issues during the Obama era, and the overhaul of the financial system to recover from the housing bubble collapse. Jobs and the economy were perpetual problems, as well as the new threat of domestic terror. The ever anxious populace handed the President more and more power along the way, weakening individual freedom while always promoting "peace and safety".

Now whereas I don't believe that the puppet masters of our world actually know the timing of the end of the age, I do think we are doomed to live in an age of perpetually manufactured crises until the end of the age. {google "peace and safety" note the results for Gospel of Matthew, Chapter 24}

With that in the back drop, I am reminded by current government shut down in a haunting way of the message sent by Hollywood's prophets through Deep Impact (Morgan Freeman, 1998).

The border security issues that are at the forefront of this squabble, to me, have nothing to do with jobs or Mexico, and everything to do with maintaining a state of anxiety. The anxiety makes people weak and easy to control.

So I don't know that there will be a real declaration of an emergency, and any kind of martial law or anything like that, but the groundwork for doing that was laid already. The stage is all set, and all we need is the spark that will touch off the end of times. If this is not the time the cycle continues to spiral downward and the secret government programs will continue.....

TempestOfTempo

Superstar
This is an excellent question. Lets all put on our thinking caps and see what we can come up with. I have previously thought his latest "wall push" was a desperation-laden attempt to distract from the various scandals enveloping Trump, and I stand by that...... however, you may be on to something here as well. Really important post here and I hope it gets the attention it deserves.

gcha8e

Rookie
Right, it's a distraction. Every time there is a crisis, it feeds the machinery for a new conflict later down the road. Problem-Reaction-Solution........Rinse..... Repeat.

I am just concerned that this one could be a real downturn for the USA. We're seeing cycles of mob violence, even though a lot of statistics say that crime is going down.... the tension and feeling of most people seems to be perfectly in line with the news cycle, which is that things are getting worse. People are sure FEELING worse, hence the depression and drug and suicide problems..... It all drives us forward into a sort of social panic for .... what?